• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afterlife With Archie #4

Veil #1

Batman Superman Annual #1
Forever Evil #6
Forever Evil Arkham War #6
Phantom Stranger #17
Swamp Thing #29

She-Hulk #2
Uncanny X-Men #18
Wolverine And The X-Men #1

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Great, Comixology hacked now too:

I wondered why I couldn't log in and the "forgot password?" tool wasn't working, had just sent them an email asking if there was an issue. Haven't had an email to reset my password yet. I only use it for the pull list feature anyway.

FourMyle

New Warriors #2 was.... mediocre. I mean,
just how do the Evolutionaries expect to eradicate all non-humans when they ran away as soon as Justice and Speedball dropped in to help Sun Girl?
. It also looks like it may be a while before
all of them group up
, so that could be annoying as well if the plot doesn't get more interesting soon.

dan2026

Wow Forever Evil was really good this week.

Now I remember why Captain Cold is one of my favourite DC villains.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Wow Forever Evil was really good this week.

Now I remember why Captain Cold is one of my favourite DC villains.

Geoff Johns writing Cold is always great and I wish he wrote that Rogues Rebellion, because he's one of the few writers at DC who knows how to make a blue collar crook with a cold gun interesting and sympathetic and badass.

Sadist

- Magneto #1

Yeah, well... okay. I know Erik wasn't very happy with his status quo position with jerkface Cyclops, but really; this sudden change is pretty weird if you think about how the character has been behaving ever since joining Utopia and the AvsX aftermath. It's a lot of brooding, "I will atone for my sins, but not right now cuz I'm saving mutantkind m'kay". Will give the next few issues a shot...

- Wolverine and the X-Men #1

Before we start, I love Jason Aaron's work on WatXM. I was hooked since the crazy first arc and I really enjoy his work now on Amazing X-Men. (Really, dat hug :( ) So I was really happy to see that this new team on the series are off to great new start. I'm always up for some Quentin Quire shenannigans or, well, serious stuff right now. Hope we'll see more of Kid Gladiator. And yaaaaaay!
Fantomex

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Welp, add another series for me

Ales Kot does not fuck around and Secret Avengers is a must-pull. If Marvel were smart, they'd try shoving Thunderbolts down his throat because he turned Suicide Squad around in one damn issue, and Thunderbolts has had the same problem with just shitty writing and boring stories, from what I understand.

Batman/Superman Annual #1 was a great read! I love that we get some character interactions that aren't very typical, specifically,
Steel/Batgirl
and
Supergirl/Red Hood
. It is so easy to get used to the usual pairings or groups that to mix things up a little bit is just fun.

Owzers

I wondered why I couldn't log in and the "forgot password?" tool wasn't working, had just sent them an email asking if there was an issue. Haven't had an email to reset my password yet. I only use it for the pull list feature anyway.

yeah, c hanging password thingy isn't working right now. My digital comic fears are swirling around for the day when all my marvel code library is just gone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright folks, finally gonna read the Sinestro Corps War. Pretty hyped to fuck about this.

Ah, ok. I never got the email but I got an alert from their app and I was able to change the password it was just weird I can login no problem on the site, it's just the app versions that act up. I assumed they all used the same servers so I was confused. Thanks!

Yeah, It appears to be related to the same issue that brought down the system back with the 700 free Marvel #1s. Essentially, they are getting DoS'd by their own password reset function.

Alright folks, finally gonna read the Sinestro Corps War. Pretty hyped to fuck about this.

God speed. It's amazing. #NoAvatarBias

Man. I got the two sandman omnibuses a few days back and devoured through the first one. It's so good. So good.

I'm really glad I picked it up.

I love the characters and how the stories all seem somewhat disjointed and that you never know what you are going to get. You would get this arc of 6 or so stories about a girl finding her brother and then a one shot of William Shakespeare performing a play.

The variety is what I love the most. And it's so well written. I now know what all the fuss with gaiman is about.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Of course New Warriors was ass. Another hackjob from Chris Yost. Go back to ruining Thor movies.

Yost is one of the few good writers Marvel has. Scarlet Spider was perfecto and he consistently wrote the better Superior Spider-Man and of course wrote the yang of Marvel's two best animated adaptions ever; Earth's Mightiest Heroes (the other being Spectacular of course). So stow it, savage.

New Warriors ent very good though, perhaps due in kind to all the crappy characters that entails cluttering up The Kaine and Aracely Show.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Man. I got the two sandman omnibuses a few days back and devoured through the first one. It's so good. So good.

I'm really glad I picked it up.

I love the characters and how the stories all seem somewhat disjointed and that you never know what you are going to get. You would get this arc of 6 or so stories about a girl finding her brother and then a one shot of William Shakespeare performing a play.

The variety is what I love the most. And it's so well written. I now know what all the fuss with gaiman is about.

Ha yeah I had the same revelation a couple of years ago. People need to shout about this book from the rooftops more, it's incredible. Aged incredibly well too, I wish there were more comics like this today.

FourMyle

Moon Knight #1 was excellent. Like the IGN review said, I love the way Marc Spector is written as more of a haunted man instead of a straight up crazy person. It makes it easy to feel empathy for the man who has to carry around an old god in his brain everywhere he goes.

Messi

I read the first book of Sandman and I really didn't like it at all. Please don't hate me comic gaf. I am a man of simple tastes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I read the first book of Sandman and I really didn't like it at all. Please don't hate me comic gaf. I am a man of simple tastes.

?! Whoa.

Man, picking up Sandman was one of the best decisions I've made in years. It's sooooo heavy.

Owzers

pre-ordering.....i emailed dcbs to see if i can add Secret Avengers #1 and 2 to my order, that seems to be the one book i regret not giving in on.

i didn't like the first volume of Sandman either, just didn't find it interesting. I had found Absolute Sandman vol 2 and 3 used on the cheap, so i'll be reading more of it....i think i got up to vol 3 in the paperbacks but i forget, it did get better unless i don't remember anything and it didn't.

In a move that will surprise no one, I too am not a particular fan of Sandman. I don't think it's bad, it's just not what I am looking for in chomix.

Messi

In a move that will surprise no one, I too am not a particular fan of Sandman. I don't think it's bad, it's just not what I am looking for in chomix.

This is how I feel. It seems really we done but it's just not what I am looking for from a comic. I want more Nocenti Catwoman.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want more Nocenti Catwoman.

if3jKjK8GcwJ7.gif

Filthy Slug

Ha yeah I had the same revelation a couple of years ago. People need to shout about this book from the rooftops more, it's incredible. Aged incredibly well too, I wish there were more comics like this today.

The Unwritten is filling a part of that void as best it can.

Other than that, Sandman is just a literary masterpiece that helped start and define the quality of Vertigo comics, and I wouldn't hesitate to say it's one of the most important comics ever made. Back in college, grabbing all the issues off of our file sharing server got me back into reading and comics and actively made me think about otherwise unthought of things. I've found that for most people that actually read it and get through it, it becomes an important book in their lives.

Wiseblade

So, the other day a close friend of mine told me that he wants to read more comic books. So obviously I'm beaming and start listing great series: One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, Magi, Berser-"No, western comics! Not your black and white weaboo stuff. Give me some Marvel!"

So I hand him some Ultimate Spider-Man before assuming the fetal position. But now I'm stuck. He's expecting more recommendations, but I can't think of anything that serves as a good introduction to modern Marvel without reading an encyclopedia first. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the Current Thor run...

Filthy Slug

So, the other day a close friend of mine told me that he wants to read more comic books. So obviously I'm beaming and start listing great series: One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, Magi, Berser-"No, western comics! Not you black and white weaboo stuff. Give me some Marvel!"

So I hand him some Ultimate Spider-Man before assuming the fetal position. But know I'm stuck. He's expecting more recommendations, but I can't think of anything that serves as a good introduction to modern Marvel without reading and encyclopedia first. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the Current Thor run...

NextWave: Agents of H.A.T.E.. I don't care if he wants A-list avengers and bad giant boring events, because he's getting some Robotman and broccoli people.

ElNarez

Banned
I find it extremely appropriate that everyone is so quiet about Velvet being so good, what with it being a secret spy story and all. (But seriously, Brubaker writing a great spy thriller? WHO THE FUCK KNEW)

Wiseblade

NextWave: Agents of H.A.T.E.. I don't care if he wants A-list avengers and bad giant boring events, because he's getting some Robotman and broccoli people.
I was never going to throw him head first into events. His eyes glazed over when I tried to explain Civil War to him.

Spike would you mind putting Catwoman in next month's thread op? I don't feel well represented at times :D thanks
I'm not even putting 'Batman and 'Wonder Woman' in next month's OT. That's how busy DC's April will be now that Forever Evil is finally over.

Seriously though, don't f*ck with Velvet. You won't like what happens.

Messi

I find it extremely appropriate that everyone is so quiet about Velvet being so good, what with it being a secret spy story and all. (But seriously, Brubaker writing a great spy thriller? WHO THE FUCK KNEW)

What. We have been saying for months that it was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom