• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Its funny how the more you read, the more you appreciate it, as the tapestry continues to grow and intertwined. The little things you think were kinda one-off asides for texture turn up again in unexpected places. The concept of The Sandman just lets Gaiman go off and do whatever story he wants to, and he often does.

I'm always a little confused how little influence he seems to have on many mainstream titles, the way say Watchmen or 80s Frank Miller or Claremont's X-Men or Kirby seem to have. I mean, this was a hugely popular, successful series. All kinds of awards, loooong tail on sales, breaking out of traditional audience boundaries to people who never really look at books in the DC Comic continuity. Who STILL don't. The kind of thing you can give to your sister and a week later she starts dressing like Death. IDK, I think that still a lot you can take from the craft and literary sensibility of The Sandman even if you're not Nail Gaiman, that clearly worked out pretty well for him, maybe it would for you too.

I think this post is excellent, and deserves some kind of response or bolster to keep its stream alive for a little longer: It's entirely true that Gaiman's Sandman had few noticeable ripples within the comic writing community. He literally created a late 20th century mythology, built it from pieces and pipes of existing myths from all cultures, from all times, and used it to tell hundreds of stories that felt like one story, the story of the God of dreams who realizes that he has to change or face death (not his sister).

Despite the utter success of the series, I just don't think too many people can do what Gaiman or any other of the utterly incredible literary writers, Moore, Morrison, etc, have done. I don't even think they can ape what Gaiman did with Sandman because that requires a wealth of knowledge that they just don't have, for the most part. Like, I don't read a Geoff Johns book and feel as though he's having a dialogue with any piece of written work aside from comics published when he was a kid. I also don't feel like he's treating writing comics as writing in general--I believe he's entirely aware that he's writing disposable comics that serve their purpose as monthly chapters in the cape-clad medium. I think he's a smart dude who has studied the science of mainstream superhero comics and uses that in his arsenal damn well, but his words don't stand on their own--they're cliche, and dumb, and just don't flow or create feelings or words that aren't already drawn onto the pages.

Gaiman, though, there's a beauty to his words, and they hold weight on their own, which is why I read the first Sandman book and Sam Keith's art isn't what I remember, and it's not even something I pay much attention to while reading that volume, but it's Gaiman's words that take on their own images and remain lodged in my head and heart. Lines like "What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?" resonate with hope and conjure up strong images that stand as literary obelisks in my mind.

So, I don't know that I have a thesis statement anywhere in this post, but I do know that Sandman affects its readers in ways that many books just can't, and that it's entirely unique in that it survives on none of the qualities that most modern comics attempt to champion and most modern comics' readers attempt to digest.

I have to confess that I've never read Sandman. However, all this talk is tempting me to buy it physically.
There are many different versions available however. So between the Omnibuses, Absolute Editions, Hardcovers and Paperbacks, which one do you guys recommend I try?

Also, has anyone tried IST's international shipping? Any opinions?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I have to confess that I've never read Sandman. However, all this talk is tempting me to buy it physically.
There are many different versions available however. So between the Omnibuses, Absolute Editions, Hardcovers and Paperbacks, which one do you guys recommend I try?

Also, has anyone tried IST's international shipping? Any opinions?
I have the Absolutes and got my girl the omnibus. The absolutes are gorgeous shelf monuments but, as far as I know, most of their printings have fully glued bindings, which are notoriously horseshit.

As for the omnibus, it was a much nicer package, black trimmed pages are glorious despite the inky residue they initially leave, and I believe the binding is sewn, and I think it's the better buy.

Your best bet, though, for your first time with the series is simply the ten trades in soft or hardcover so that you can guage whether it's a series you want to invest in as a literature lover and collector. If you like the cheap trades, gift em, sell em, donate em, and then pick up either the Absolutes or the Omnibi and never touch then and impress people with your fancy comic books

I think this post is excellent, and deserves some kind of response or bolster to keep its stream alive for a little longer: It's entirely true that Gaiman's Sandman had few noticeable ripples within the comic writing community. He literally created a late 20th century mythology, built it from pieces and pipes of existing myths from all cultures, from all times, and used it to tell hundreds of stories that felt like one story, the story of the God of dreams who realizes that he has to change or face death (not his sister).

Despite the utter success of the series, I just don't think too many people can do what Gaiman or any other of the utterly incredible literary writers, Moore, Morrison, etc, have done. I don't even think they can ape what Gaiman did with Sandman because that requires a wealth of knowledge that they just don't have, for the most part. Like, I don't read a Geoff Johns book and feel as though he's having a dialogue with any piece of written work aside from comics published when he was a kid. I also don't feel like he's treating writing comics as writing in general--I believe he's entirely aware that he's writing disposable comics that serve their purpose as monthly chapters in the cape-clad medium. I think he's a smart dude who has studied the science of mainstream superhero comics and uses that in his arsenal damn well, but his words don't stand on their own--they're cliche, and dumb, and just don't flow or create feelings or words that aren't already drawn onto the pages.

Gaiman, though, there's a beauty to his words, and they hold weight on their own, which is why I read the first Sandman book and Sam Keith's art isn't what I remember, and it's not even something I pay much attention to while reading that volume, but it's Gaiman's words that take on their own images and remain lodged in my head and heart. Lines like "What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?" resonate with hope and conjure up strong images that stand as literary obelisks in my mind.

So, I don't know that I have a thesis statement anywhere in this post, but I do know that Sandman affects its readers in ways that many books just can't, and that it's entirely unique in that it survives on none of the qualities that most modern comics attempt to champion and most modern comics' readers attempt to digest.

Mike Carey is the only writer who really seems influenced by Gaiman. Which is why his run on lucifer was so great and then he created his own universe in unwritten.

Filthy Slug

Mike Carey is the only writer who really seems influenced by Gaiman. Which is why his run on lucifer was so great and then he created his own universe in unwritten.

Totally, in my earlier post I said Unwritten fills a part of the hole that Sandman left in comics. I've been with Unwritten since issue 1 and it's been spectacular. I'm going to check out Lucifer eventually, as I hear it's damn good as well.

Totally, in my earlier post I said Unwritten fills a part of the hole that Sandman left in comics. I've been with Unwritten since issue 1 and it's been spectacular.

Same here for the most part, but I kinda lost interest during the Fables crossover, as it's not a book I read regularly.

Wool

Uncanny X-Men #18 was fantastic. There were a couple cringe-worthy Bendis lines, but the art was incredible and it seems like there's finally an actual conflict that needs resolving. As much as I've liked the run so far, it has been directionless until now.

Carey is definitely influenced, and I see a lot of if in Gillen's JiM, but IDK...

I guess the easy answer is "not everybody is Neil Gaiman", but frankly, not everybody is Alan Moore or Jim Steranko or Will Eisner either, and that hasn't stopped them from trying to be. Just always found that so odd how a book that sits just fine in salons as it does comic shops, sold countless copies, seems to win every consensus vote for greatest comic book run of all-time, didn't seem to have much larger effect on the industry's mainstream creators, and the world just kept on turning. I got a much better chance selling some normal people on Ramadan than Geoff Johns Green Lantern, ya know? Despite any of its literary references or formal tricks, its all very accessible and engaging on multiple levels.

jbkpMbuZpkTLHx.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #18 was fantastic. There were a couple cringe-worthy Bendis lines, but the art was incredible and it seems like there's finally an actual conflict that needs resolving. As much as I've liked the run so far, it has been directionless until now.

I thought it was interesting, but I was a bit disappointed that they didn't build onto the events from the Trial of Jean Grey story going on in ANXM and GotG. But the layouts were gorgeous. It looked like they were trying to mimic the style of the Blackman/Williams Batwoman stories. It's a nice effect, but the reading order of the panels here wasn't so obvious.

The big surprise for me this week was Veil. I didn't really know what to expect going in aside from the striking art style. I ended up reading it last out of this week's haul, and it was easily the best thing out this week. - sogood.gif - Can't wait to see where the story goes. Indy comics in general have been amazing lately.

Filthy Slug

Same here for the most part, but I kinda lost interest during the Fables crossover, as it's not a book I read regularly.

The first issue of Unwritten Apocalypse will do right by you, trust me. It's phenomenal and gets the last arc rolling right.

The first issue of Unwritten Apocalypse will do right by you, trust me. It's phenomenal and gets the last arc rolling right.

Oh, no, I've been reading Apocalypse. Unwritten never came off my pull list. I was just saying that the Fables crossover threw me off for a bit.

Totally, in my earlier post I said Unwritten fills a part of the hole that Sandman left in comics. I've been with Unwritten since issue 1 and it's been spectacular. I'm going to check out Lucifer eventually, as I hear it's damn good as well.

It's really good. I remember at the time when it was announced I was upset Lucifer was getting a series written by an unfamiliar writer (to me at the time) instead of Gaiman. He's one of the best characters from Sandman and i felt for sure it'd be a trainwreck. To my surprise it was great and totally felt like a true extension from Sandman.

Happy to see some sandman discussion the past couple of pages. Finished volume 5 last week. It's very eclectic in it's story telling, which I think is why it might not sit all that well with some people.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Carey is definitely influenced, and I see a lot of if in Gillen's JiM, but IDK...

I guess the easy answer is "not everybody is Neil Gaiman", but frankly, not everybody is Alan Moore or Jim Steranko or Will Eisner either, and that hasn't stopped them from trying to be. Just always found that so odd how a book that sits just fine in salons as it does comic shops, sold countless copies, seems to win every consensus vote for greatest comic book run of all-time, didn't seem to have much larger effect on the industry's mainstream creators, and the world just kept on turning. I got a much better chance selling some normal people on Ramadan than Geoff Johns Green Lantern, ya know? Despite any of its literary references or formal tricks, its all very accessible and engaging on multiple levels.

jbkpMbuZpkTLHx.jpg

Writing like Gaiman does in Sandman is very hard. It's easy to tell a story but it's very hard to write well, which is what Gaiman is doing there. Not every writer is capable of doing the things he did there, even some of the better comics writers can't write on that level. Guys like Morrison and Moore come closer than most, but it's still nowhere near as good as Gaiman is on Sandman.

Filthy Slug

Writing like Gaiman does in Sandman is very hard. It's easy to tell a story but it's very hard to write well, which is what Gaiman is doing there. Not every writer is capable of doing the things he did there, even some of the better comics writers can't write on that level. Guys like Morrison and Moore come closer than most, but it's still nowhere near as good as Gaiman is on Sandman.

Almost fully agree with you. Writing is absolutely different from story-telling and so many comics writers just flat out cannot write, but have grown up on the medium, feed themselves as many of the books as they can, and then get by on being solid storytellers and playing off of the fact that many readers just don't put much weight into the ability to write well. Good writers need to have good sound sense, need to allow their words to flow and to mean something and to phrase things in exciting, non-cliche ways. The only thing I don't agree with you on, B-Dubs, is that Morrison's writing doesn't equal or better Gaiman's especially since he does a hilariously perfect Gaiman style in his JLA run, in the issue with Starro and Dream ;)

frye

Almost fully agree with you. Writing is absolutely different from story-telling and so many comics writers just flat out cannot write, but have grown up on the medium, feed themselves as many of the books as they can, and then get by on being solid storytellers and playing off of the fact that many readers just don't put much weight into the ability to write well. Good writers need to have good sound sense, need to allow their words to flow and to mean something and to phrase things in exciting, non-cliche ways. The only thing I don't agree with you on, B-Dubs, is that Morrison's writing doesn't equal or better Gaiman's especially since he does a hilariously perfect Gaiman style in his JLA run, in the issue with Starro and Dream ;)

To be honest, I don't rate Gaiman particularly high as a comics writer. Among his generation of the British Invasion guys, I'd put him solidly behind Milligan, Moore, and Morrison, all of whom have a better sense of the medium than Gaiman does. He's much better off writing in prose.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I just feel like even Morrison's best stuff doesn't really transcend the genre though. It's not so much style that I'm talking about, it's more ability. You can crib a writer's style, but not their skill. Morrison and Moore are great comics writers and good writers in their own right, but I can't see either of them writing something on the same level as Sandman.

I've said it before, but Morrison can get pretty bogged down in his own weirdness.

Filthy Slug

To be honest, I don't rate Gaiman particularly high as a comics writer. Among his generation of the British Invasion guys, I'd put him solidly behind Milligan, Moore, and Morrison, all of whom have a better sense of the medium than Gaiman does. He's much better off writing in prose.

Definitely good points, and it is interesting, for all of the interviews and podcasts and audiologs and whateverthefucks that I've listened to and read revolving around and involving him, comics never really seem at the forefront of his discussions. Like, I haven't heard Gaiman's stories of which books he cherished growing up, which ones were paramount to him, or his Morrison-type epiphany that Superheroes, conceptually, are stronger than the Bomb and can protect us. I'll say though, he's gotta have at least some Batman love and understanding, because Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader is fucking fantastic.

I agree that his prose work suits him more. He's only gotten better with each novel, and Ocean at the End of the Lane, purely from a writing standpoint, is his best work, easily. I'd love if he came back and did a new comic series, outside of Sandman, using everything he's learned from prose writing

tm24

Can we talk about Loki: Agent of Asgard and how fun this book is? It just keeps building and building on Loki. Loki is probably my favorite character of the last 4 years.

Filthy Slug

I just feel like even Morrison's best stuff doesn't really transcend the genre though. It's not so much style that I'm talking about, it's more ability. You can crib a writer's style, but not their skill. Morrison and Moore are great comics writers and good writers in their own right, but I can't see either of them writing something on the same level as Sandman.

I've said it before, but Morrison can get pretty bogged down in his own weirdness.

Late night comic-gaf (EST) is fucking great. I have responses to what you've said B-Dubs but they're in no way articulate at this point. These great conversations will hopefully continue again at some point.

Its funny how the more you read, the more you appreciate it, as the tapestry continues to grow and intertwined. The little things you think were kinda one-off asides for texture turn up again in unexpected places. The concept of The Sandman just lets Gaiman go off and do whatever story he wants to, and he often does.

I'm always a little confused how little influence he seems to have on many mainstream titles, the way say Watchmen or 80s Frank Miller or Claremont's X-Men or Kirby seem to have. I mean, this was a hugely popular, successful series. All kinds of awards, loooong tail on sales, breaking out of traditional audience boundaries to people who never really look at books in the DC Comic continuity. Who STILL don't. The kind of thing you can give to your sister and a week later she starts dressing like Death. IDK, I think that still a lot you can take from the craft and literary sensibility of The Sandman even if you're not Nail Gaiman, that clearly worked out pretty well for him, maybe it would for you too.

The first issue I thought was pretty incompetent, although even then you can tell this is a guy from the Alan Moore school of scripting that was really trying and just needed to figure out what stories he was gonna tell. The issue where he goes down and has that word battle is pretty legit.

I didn't really buy into it "The Sound of Her Wings". It sheds all the horror-tinged pictures of demons and dimensions that Sam Keith did and refocused on Morpheus and the central premise of the series. Not did it introduce one of the best characters in the series(Death), but I thought it was a great meditation on death itself. I reread it recently after my father passed away(he said in a rare moment of emotional vulnerability), and it really made me put it all into perspective, about how natural it all is, and not something to run from. It's kind of beautiful, in its own way.

Sandman-Wings.jpg

I wanna thank you because this post has now caused me to start reading Sandman again. GOAT series straight up

Whoever said Unwritten is kind of the spiritual successor of Sandman is dead on. Never really thought about it that way.

Alan Morre did his own Sandman, its called Promethea!!

also got baller JH Williams art too boot!!

-----

Sandman does benefit a lot from Gaimans background as a novelist. Those sensabiltiys greatly enchance is work.

The only problem is I don't see Punisher there.

I know nothing about it and my pull list is sort of big enough after today as it is. I want to get the punisher max books since I heard those were amazing but never really had much pushing me in his direction. There's too much shit that seems cool for now, maybe when there's less new #1s being released so I have a better feel of what I enjoy I'll dabble in others but baring people going crazy for something I think I'm set at least for a little while.

One I'm considering though is the batman and robin reboot... I just finished the two face arc and I thought it was amazing! Are the other issues that good or are they hit and miss and I should wait until it seems like a certain arc is really good? I just know people seemed to like the two-face issues, I don't know anything about the rest of the run.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Hey speaking of the new Ghost Rider, I've been wondering---could Magneto just like totally crumple up any Ghost Rider's car/motorcylce or like throw them around because they have metal studs on their jacket? Or is it like hell metal that isn't magnified?

anaron

Picked up first two issues of Black Widow. Loving it. The art is so damn beautiful and I'm really liking the mission of the week format and direction they're taking Natasha.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

This is a very perceptive post, way to go. Sandman fans are smart cookies.

For my part, I don't think Gaiman ever wrote a Sandman story about "what it is to be a hero" (even Moore and Morrison have fallen into this trite and pointless storytelling hole) and for that he's worth a billion Geoff Johns'.

My wife is currently reading through the series (and Swamp Thing) for the first time, re-living it through her is just wonderful. She's read a lot of comics but nothing has quite set her head on fire like this.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yeah I agree - even though I've enjoyed UXM consistently, it doesn't really have much of a throughline other than mopping up plot threads from around the X-verse. I really like the new kids (I read 17 and 18 back to back and now I really want to know what happened to Eva in Montana) but it's felt a bit meandering. Honestly, even this issue was, serving as a 'meanwhile' to the events of ANXM but it was very good nonetheless. I liked the art too, that dude has a very strong JHW influence going on.

Finally got around to Forever Evil 6. Was aiight, the Captain Cold bit was neat and I liked the villain reveal at the end, was suitably retarded. But that thing that happened... totally going to get reversed next issue, I wasn't even worried for half a second. It's so dumb, we shouldn't even be putting it in spoilers, because it's not a spoiler because there is no danger.

If I am wrong when FE7 comes out I will wear a Harley avatar for a month

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I know nothing about it and my pull list is sort of big enough after today as it is. I want to get the punisher max books since I heard those were amazing but never really had much pushing me in his direction. There's too much shit that seems cool for now, maybe when there's less new #1s being released so I have a better feel of what I enjoy I'll dabble in others but baring people going crazy for something I think I'm set at least for a little while.

One I'm considering though is the batman and robin reboot... I just finished the two face arc and I thought it was amazing! Are the other issues that good or are they hit and miss and I should wait until it seems like a certain arc is really good? I just know people seemed to like the two-face issues, I don't know anything about the rest of the run.

New Punisher seems REALLY good so far, I'm very impressed.

I think you'll like the Batman and Robin run, it seems in your wheelhouse.

I don't know why you bought Sandman if you've not read the series yet. It's going to look very pretty but you'll get maybe 5% of it ;) tbh you could buy and read all 10 trades, one a month and catch up with the series before #3 comes out, get on that.

edit: oh dear triple post... I usually only do that in BGAF...

edit2:

I won't touch your trollbait last line there but here's an interesting point. Consider 'transcending the medium' as a tree growing from the comics page, up and up into the higher echelons of literature. I think Morrison at his best goes the other direction, digging into the soil and delving into the subterranea of the comics world. Where Gaiman is literary and approaches legit literature, Morrison descends into the medium of comics itself and does things that few are able to achieve.

Man it's too early for these heady metaphors. Sorry if I bogged you down with my weirdness :p

Wool

Yeah I agree - even though I've enjoyed UXM consistently, it doesn't really have much of a throughline other than mopping up plot threads from around the X-verse. I really like the new kids (I read 17 and 18 back to back and now I really want to know what happened to Eva in Montana) but it's felt a bit meandering. Honestly, even this issue was, serving as a 'meanwhile' to the events of ANXM but it was very good nonetheless. I liked the art too, that dude has a very strong JHW influence going on.

I've actually never read an issue of All New X-Men. A lot of UXM issues stand really well on their own, but sometimes I get the feeling I'm missing out on big chunks of the story.

I won't touch your trollbait last line there but here's an interesting point. Consider 'transcending the medium' as a tree growing from the comics page, up and up into the higher echelons of literature. I think Morrison at his best goes the other direction, digging into the soil and delving into the subterranea of the comics world. Where Gaiman is literary and approaches legit literature, Morrison descends into the medium of comics itself and does things that few are able to achieve.

Man it's too early for these heady metaphors. Sorry if I bogged you down with my weirdness :p

Early? This is a late night 3AM conversation if I've ever seen one. Anyway, I think it's a stretch to make Morrison and Gaiman out to be opposites. Both of their comics are really wordy. They definitely have different writing styles but both of them are writers.

I think if anyone "descends into the medium of comics itself" it'd be someone with a more art-driven approach. Brandon Graham is the "writer" on Prophet, but when you read that you can tell the emphasis is on visual storytelling and interesting layouts, not words. He lets the picture tell you whats happening and saves narration/dialogue for things that have to be expressed with words, like names of characters and places. You could probably give that comic to someone who doesn't speak English and they could still grasp the basic story.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've actually never read an issue of All New X-Men. A lot of UXM issues stand really well on their own, but sometimes I get the feeling I'm missing out on big chunks of the story.

That's because UXM is the 'meanwhile' book :p Much like Avengers and New Avengers, I consider UXM and ANXM to the the same book, can't have one without the other.

tim1138

Finally got around to Forever Evil 6. Was aiight, the Captain Cold bit was neat and I liked the villain reveal at the end, was suitably retarded. But that thing that happened... totally going to get reversed next issue, I wasn't even worried for half a second. It's so dumb, we shouldn't even be putting it in spoilers, because it's not a spoiler because there is no danger.

If I am wrong when FE7 comes out I will wear a Harley avatar for a month

I loved how Cyke's busted powers were incorporated into the page layouts and label borders. UXM does this annoying thing where the fill in artists are better and more interesting than the main artist. Its such a let down to go from those Frazier Irving issues or this issue back to Bachalo's art.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I loved how Cyke's busted powers were incorporated into the page layouts and label borders. UXM does this annoying thing where the fill in artists are better and more interesting than the main artist. Its such a let down to go from those Frazier Irving issues or this issue back to Bachalo's art.

I really like Bachalo's layouts and energy but dude needs a colourist ASAP. What's Jordie up to at the moment, she must have some spare time for another book?

Blink Me

My comics haul this week cost me £58. I was two weeks behind but still that was a bit of a shock. Bought the first issue of Fuse and really enjoyed it. Might have to cut down on buying new Image titles for a while though and wait till they turn up in the library.

tim1138

I really like Bachalo's layouts and energy but dude needs a colourist ASAP. What's Jordie up to at the moment, she must have some spare time for another book?

I can name three books off the top of my head she's doing (Zero, Manhattan Projects, Moon Knight). I bet she totally has time to add a double shipped book! Aside from the colors I hate Bachalo's female costume designs, his Magik, Emma, and Lady Mastermind all have variations of the exact same costume.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I can name three books off the top of my head she's doing (Zero, Manhattan Projects, Moon Knight). I bet she totally has time to add a double shipped book! Aside from the colors I hate Bachalo's female costume designs, his Magik, Emma, and Lady Mastermind all have variations of the exact same costume.

She's doing Mags as well!

Totally with you in the costume designs, although didn't we see Lady Mastermind in ANXM first? I totally thought it was Emma for most of the issue.

MartyStu

So, the other day a close friend of mine told me that he wants to read more comic books. So obviously I'm beaming and start listing great series: One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, Magi, Berser-"No, western comics! Not your black and white weaboo stuff. Give me some Marvel!"

So I hand him some Ultimate Spider-Man before assuming the fetal position. But now I'm stuck. He's expecting more recommendations, but I can't think of anything that serves as a good introduction to modern Marvel without reading an encyclopedia first. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the Current Thor run...

My first Marvel book was Remender's Uncanny X-Force. I loved it.

tim1138

She's doing Mags as well!

Totally with you in the costume designs, although didn't we see Lady Mastermind in ANXM first? I totally thought it was Emma for most of the issue.

No wonder that Magneto book looked so good in the previews.

Actually, I think you're right about Lady Mastermind. That was part of the arc with Mystique impersonating the X-Men for all those robberies right?

I just ordered a Afterlife With Archie Phantom Variant, I believe I have all the Francavilla covers now :)
Stupid question .. How do i post a picture like from my phone photos? (pics I took)

Don't forget Pretty Deadly!

Owzers

All caught up on Saga, i don't LOVE the content of the book, but it's one of my favorites to read. It's a whacky fantasy space adventure.

Avengers World #3 reminded me of Iron Fist, where it goes into history-mode of previous kung-fuians and draws upon their power and knowledge, but i don't think the issue was a standout. Random 7/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom