• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unai

I bought some books from InStockTrades 11 days ago, and they haven't even shipped yet.

Is that normal?

Vyer

I don't know much about the character, but I had to see what Ellis was going to create so I picked up Moon Knight. Enjoyed it quite a bit, the dialogue was great.

Is Fear Itself worth a read?
And have they got any plans to release an omnibus or collection type thing? I'd like to read it in order and in full.

Bii

My LCS ran out of Moon Knight. :/

Looks like I'll have to order that one online. Maybe I'll get the Skottie Young variant.

I got a refund on my Hush statue and decided to get these and give my wife the rest of the money because she needed some stuff. New Joker and WW.

Bh_7kAiIYAATcov.jpg

Bh_7uTmIQAAHVvz.jpg

Whelp, ordered uncanny xforce omnibus since it's my favorite run ever. Threw in volume one of satellite Sam to get the free shipping. What are people's impressions of moon knight so far?

Just got home, picked up (the last copy of) Veil, Saviors, Forever Evil, and Moon Knight.

Was going to check out Starlight but it was sold out, it was a weird day, a lot of things were sold out...

Is Fear Itself worth a read?
And have they got any plans to release an omnibus or collection type thing? I'd like to read it in order and in full.
I don't really love it. Nice concept and art, but lackluster excecution in my opinion.
However, it made way for Gillen's Journey Into Mystery, pure awesomeness.

Is Moon Knight an ongoing or a limited series?
The better it sells the longer it stays around.

I got a refund on my Hush statue and decided to get these and give my wife the rest of the money because she needed some stuff. New Joker and WW.

Bh_7kAiIYAATcov.jpg

Bh_7uTmIQAAHVvz.jpg
How do you like that WW statue? Didn't preorder her because my DCBS order got to big. She reminds me off the Cliff Chiang young Wonder Woman from the Zero issue, even though it is based of Jim Lee. I'm debating preordering the Adam Hughes one r Stargirl bombshell. Though since Stargirl is rising to prominence I may just wait until the inevitable fig...

The better it sells the longer it stays around.

How do you like that WW statue? Didn't preorder her because my DCBS order got to big. She reminds me off the Cliff Chiang young Wonder Woman from the Zero issue, even though it is based of Jim Lee. I'm debating preordering the Adam Hughes one r Stargirl bombshell. Though since Stargirl is rising to prominence I may just wait until the inevitable fig...

I like it, of course or I wouldn't have brought it home. It was either these 2 or the Poison Ivy Cover Girl statue. 2 is more than 1 but it was hard.

tim1138

Yes. It's fantastic. Immonen doing god tier work. Fraction is his usual level of great.

I have never seen anyone else ever say good things about Fear Itself. I know you love the scene where
Tony offers his sobriety to Odin
, but that event was just bad. I even went back and reread it to see if it worked better collected, but aside from Immonen there is like nothing good about it.

What makes you love this so much?

Yes. It's fantastic. Immonen doing god tier work. Fraction is his usual level of great.

I don't really love it. Nice concept and art, but lackluster excecution in my opinion.
However, it made way for Gillen's Journey Into Mystery, pure awesomeness.

A yes, a no and a maybe lol.. It's one of those eh?

I think the art is what's attracted me at this point. And I like Fraction.

I can get it on Unlimited, so maybe I'll just try a couple editions from the Main series first. Was just hoping to follow it chronologically.

"I never believed in love at first sight... until I saw her big black ass." :O

Also, there are penises on the cover of Captain America #18. :O

Marvel Comics
Captain America #18
Loki Agent of Asgard #2
Moon Knight #1
The Punisher #3
She-Hulk #2
Wolverine and the X-Men #1

DC Comics
Scooby Doo Team-Up #3

Image Comics
Starlight #1
Velvet #4

Dark Horse Comics
Veil #1

Other Publishers
Afterlife with Archie #4 (Archie Press)
The Auteur #1 (Oni Press)
Day Men #3 (Boom! Studios)

What in the flying fuck Green Arrow 29!

i know it comics and stuff but how you gonna drop an arrow in Ollie's head like that on the last page. WTF

ElNarez

Banned
What in the flying fuck Green Arrow 29!

i know it comics and stuff but how you gonna drop an arrow in Ollie's head like that on the last page. WTF

The exact same fucking thing kind of happened at the end of the last Hawkguy so I gotta wonder what is it with Big Two Archer Books With Clever Ideas And An Artist Going H.A.M. and pulling off that kind of stunt

The exact same fucking thing kind of happened at the end of the last Hawkguy so I gotta wonder what is it with Big Two Archer Books With Clever Ideas And An Artist Going H.A.M. and pulling off that kind of stunt

Authors conspiring to pull a cross-company metafictional trollfest. This is only the beginning.

The Auteur #1, and I demand that everyone who didn't buy a copy go back to the store RIGHT NOW and demand a copy. Absurd, drugged-out, pants-on-head craziness and I know it's only the first book I read this week but it might just be my favorite comic this month.

I mean, look at this sequence.

LOOK AT IT.
Got it on my DCBS shipment this week. I support anything Oni does. They won't have to live off Scott Pilgrim much longer...

Messi

I didn't wake up early enough to travel to get my books today so I spent some time reading my backlog. Wondering if anyone else read Winter Soldier: bitter march?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Man, Moon Knight was awesome. Art was dodgy in some places, but scenes like the subway and the underground encounter were damn good. Warren Ellis working with crazy people, always a good mix.

Forever Evil was shite. Some guy screaming Matzah and Dick
being hooked up to mad-dumb-heart-bomb-contraption-number 37
. At least Captain Cold got to see some action...

Vyer

Those FEELS too.

Is anyone else reading this book cause greg pak is doing such great job on this.

Pak's Superman is the best there's been in years.

Man, Moon Knight was awesome. Art was dodgy in some places, but scenes like the subway and the underground encounter were damn good. Warren Ellis working with crazy people, always a good mix.

you should probably spoiler tag that FE stuff.

Man stuff was sold out everywhere! Managed a She Hulk #2 and Wolverine and the Xmen. Moon knight was gone at all 3 local stores.

Somehow I ended up with an xfiles IDW $1 comic. Lol

Guess it's really time to start a hold list at my LCS.

tim1138

Holy shit Moon Knight was awesome, thanks for the code Korupt!

I've never paid attention to the character before, is he some kind of insane combination of Batman and the Spectre?

I've never paid attention to the character before, is he some kind of insane combination of Batman and the Spectre?

I have not read it but as long as I do buy it, you can have the code.

Basically . He was given powers by the god Khonshu.

I recommend Bendis run on the character and Ellis secret avengers

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I know it's early, but I'm already pretty sure that Green Arrow is going to be my favorite thing to come out this month.

It's safe to say that about either Green Arrow or Zero in any given month, so good call.

MartyStu

WatXM - felt good. I miss the wacky Aaron angle, but I know some people thought that was too much. I can only hope it doesn't get event'd, but then theres always going to be whatever the fuck Marvel thinks its doing with Wolverine as of late. He should only exist in WatXM and Amazing X-Men because its clear nobody else can be arsed writing him properly, even Remender.

Remender writes a good Wolverine. When has he stumbled?

tim1138

It's safe to say that about either Green Arrow or Zero in any given month, so good call.

My typical top three for the month is some variation of Green Arrow, Zero, and Manhattan Projects.

KoruptData said:
I have not read it but as long as I do buy it, you can have the code.

Whoa, thanks man. That's awesome.

slightconfuse said:
Basically . He was given powers by the god Khonshu.

I recommend Bendis run on the character and Ellis secret avengers

Just reserved it at the library, thanks. If this is half as goid as the Bendis/Maleev Daredevil run I'll be stoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom