• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Miles is coming back for sure. It's just a matter of what form.
In shit form, I'm guessing. Nothing good can come out of him being in the mainstream continuity.
I've said it a thousand times, what Miles needs is to come onto its own, with its own villains and storylines instead of being pushed into crossovers and franchise advertising plots. That said, he's been in crossovers almost always since he's been created, but now I fear he'll have even less of a chance. Just when a new original arc has started they cut it off.

I can only hope it'll be like Ms Marvel, which is having some original stuff (though I'm not liking that whole Inhuman shit which to me [having never read the original series] indistinguishable from mutants).

Ms Marvel #13
Obvious plot twist is obvious. I guess it was meant to be (that Khamala's new friend is on the side of the Brotherhood of Inhumans or whatever they call themselves).

Ellis, Shalvey and Bellaire are doing a talk and signing of injection and moon night in Dublin. I might go. I wonder if Ellis and Shalvey would sign a stack of a4 paper in place of moon night. Would love to meet Bellaire. She is fantastic.

This is the exclusive cover. Limited to 500 worldwide.
Ellis is like the anti Millar. Only does minis now, top tier artists but with no chance of being optioned for a movie

ReAxion

Ellis, Shalvey and Bellaire are doing a talk and signing of injection and moon night in Dublin. I might go. I wonder if Ellis and Shalvey would sign a stack of a4 paper in place of moon night. Would love to meet Bellaire. She is fantastic.

This is the exclusive cover. Limited to 500 worldwide.

GO.

More mini reviews from this weeks comics
Edge of spider verse #2 - so spider-Gwen appears. I didn't know the artist was the FPB artist. That was cool. It was hard to get a sense of Gwens personality in it. Sometimes she's moody, other times trying smart ass quips. I guess mirroring Peter but it's not Gwens personality (not that she had much of one to begin with). Still fun issue, and when it ended I wanted to read more. All you can ask for a one issue. Oh and MJ Was great, and they turned Capt. Stacey into Gordon. Dat stache

Magneto #8 - wow this was a dud. You know I'm getting to the point I want magneto to start getting his powers back and let's turn this book into one where he's building his army of followers back

New Warriors - fun fun fun issue. One of the best so far.

Batman & robin #38 - a really strong issue and shows Damian is still damian but his response to his "family" was a sign of growth. Gleasons art is popping. And the coloring always makes this comic stand out.

[batman eternal 42 Harper has to have the worst new costume design ever. I like how it showed her as not being polished or great at the gig but still good enough.

More mini reviews from this weeks comics
Edge of spider verse #2 - so spider-Gwen appears. I didn't know the artist was the FPB artist. That was cool. It was hard to get a sense of Gwens personality in it. Sometimes she's moody, other times trying smart ass quips. I guess mirroring Peter but it's not Gwens personality (not that she had much of one to begin with). Still fun issue, and when it ended I wanted to read more. All you can ask for a one issue. Oh and MJ Was great, and they turned Capt. Stacey into Gordon. Dat stache

Magneto #8 - wow this was a dud. You know I'm getting to the point I want magneto to start getting his powers back and let's turn this book into one where he's building his army of followers back

New Warriors - fun fun fun issue. One of the best so far.

Batman & robin #38 - a really strong issue and shows Damian is still damian but his response to his "family" was a sign of growth. Gleasons art is popping. And the coloring always makes this comic stand out.

[batman eternal 42 Harper has to have the worst new costume design ever. I like how it showed her as not being polished or great at the gig but still good enough.

Worse than the 80's redesigns?

Worse than the 80's redesigns?
Well I qualified it as modern or new design. Yes they're plenty of really bad ones in the past but look at this
BMETRL_42_2-3.jpg

CBTech

Speaking of Batman & Robin. We still haven't seen a scene with Damian and Dick yet. Hell, does Dick even know Damian's alive? I know he offered to help Bruce revive him, but we don't know if he knows Bruce succeeded. Did Bruce tell Damian that Dick was alive or does Damian think he is dead like everyone else. I could see things turning badly if Bruce told Damian that Dick had been killed. These are questions I want answers to.

Tizoc

He's got swag coming out of every orifice:

DD2014014-int2-4-c7847.jpg

I love this guy.

How does Daredevil know what color his clothes are?

He doesn't need to know the color~

I'll check it out, I've heard good things about it. Matt's past is really cool.

Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb together made some excellent comics in the past 2-3 decades, look them up, Sale's art is fantastic, and him making Loeb's writing good is a major plus.

He'll have Miles' powers become X-Gene based after the merge and plug him into his X-Men books, or something like that.

I doubt there'll be many/any mutants left after the reboot, tbpf. Screwing over Fox and all that.

EDIT: I mean, the characters will still be around, but they won't be "mutants" any more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp, went shopping for Bloodborne (preorder), ended up buying a tablet for my comics. It was long overdue tbh with how much I use MU. Got a 10inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 for 199, thought it was pretty cheap tbh (compared to a ipad and I only want it for MU anyway). Shouldnt really spend this money but meh...fuck it, happy birthday to me I guess

its not my birthday until monday actually

edit: plot twist, cant sign in to MU on it lol.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Mudcrab

I doubt there'll be many/any mutants left after the reboot, tbpf. Screwing over Fox and all that.

EDIT: I mean, the characters will still be around, but they won't be "mutants" any more.

lol doesn't matter if they're mutants or not Fox will still have access to the same characters they do now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
managed to sign in, tablet's MU syncs my library with my phone's library, yay

man this is cool, its basically like having a actual comic now, no zooming needed and shit. I love my note4 and its big enough that Ive been more than fine reading stuff on it but yeah... this is better :)

fauxtrot

Banned
I spent 2 hours last night bagging/boarding/alphabetizing who-knows-how-many months of single issues rather than reading Rachel Rising Vol 2. :(

Top Bottom