• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

I wonder whether we get the MKX DLC on PC.

You can buy it right now on Steam. It's €71.99 for the game + Kombat Pack DLC bundle here.

Seventy two fucking Euro for one game. I'm actually disgusted with myself for thinking about buying it. High Voltage are porting the PC version as well, I'm hoping it won't have any really stupid bugs like the PC version of Injustice (you can't have shadows at max or the game will freeze when you get to a fight).

I'm still excited about my new rig though. I got my new keyboard yesterday, first piece of the puzzle. It's stupidly big, like it's almost double the size of my little wireless keyboard. I also ordered the version with coloured lights by mistake.

Sorry.

But it was too big a sale. I had to spread the word

No worries, man.

You can buy it right now on Steam. It's €71.99 for the game + Kombat Pack DLC bundle here.

Seventy two fucking Euro for one game. I'm actually disgusted with myself for thinking about buying it. High Voltage are porting the PC version as well, I'm hoping it won't have any really stupid bugs like the PC version of Injustice (you can't have shadows at max or the game will freeze when you get to a fight).

I'm still excited about my new rig though. I got my new keyboard yesterday, first piece of the puzzle. It's stupidly big, like it's almost double the size of my little wireless keyboard. I also ordered the version with coloured lights by mistake.

I just checked the US price. $81, on discount. Yikes.

I mean I was already interested in the game before, but Predator being in the game sold it for me.

What does the season pass cost? Like $30? I'd buy it, but I'm afraid they're going to cut you off at a certain point and say "Alright, that's all your DLC this season.... Now would you like to buy this NEW season pass and get these characters?"

Been trying to wrap my head around it, but I think the best way to describe that Arkham Knight panel is like the Great Value knockoff cereal version of Capullo's art

Those were my exact thoughts on it. Fortunately, Tomasi is competent writer and the series has been quite entertaining so far.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Zero # 15:
tumblr_m6i8gcyLgb1qcwoano1_500.gif

There's linkage to Kot's Surface #1, too.

E: Surface #1 is one of the most packed and interesting #1s I've read in a hot minute.

What does the season pass cost? Like $30? I'd buy it, but I'm afraid they're going to cut you off at a certain point and say "Alright, that's all your DLC this season.... Now would you like to buy this NEW season pass and get these characters?"

I'm still a little cheesed off about the two Injustice characters that weren't part of the Season Pass. I still think there was meant to be eight DLC characters but they just ran out of time, judging by the char select screen:

They probably would have been Red Hood and Sub-Zero though, so no great loss.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
How packed can it be if you read it in a minute?

I read it the week it came out, homie. I put in that edit because I remember frye asking if it was decent and I wanted to draw some more attention to it by mentioning the linkage to Zero.

Owzers

I bought Klonoa for a dollar in that sale...some of the stuff i already had through PS+ and some were just weirdo games. I already had Dino Crisis and the sequel, if people don't have that they should get it because there are dinosaurs.

ReAxion

You can't publicly hate on Inhumans cuz the terrigen cloud is still out there. You start throwing shade about Inhumans BAM there's one right behind you.

Filthy Slug

See what I mean about Bertram literally being the perfect artist for this issue?

You can't drop an issue like that and then be like "yo, the series ends in 3 issues, fuckers."

PsychBat!

Banned
I would get him to read Ms. Marvel but if anyone remembers a previous post back several pages, he's the one that is ignorant when it comes to matters of sexism and is sexist himself, and he doesn't know it.

I have to say, now that I'm older, Mutants getting racially hated on makes no sense in the greater Marvel Universe. When I was a kid and only read X-Men from the Marvel U, it made sense I could understand it, etc etc. Now when folks like Captain America, Thor, Hulk, or any other multitude of super powered humans are worshiped and respected, it makes NO SENSE for Mutants to be feared and hated on.

I mean Wolverine has been a damn Avenger at times hasn't he?

It's almost like the X-Men need to live in their own Universe or that hate has to change.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I have to say, now that I'm older, Mutants getting racially hated on makes no sense in the greater Marvel Universe. When I was a kid and only read X-Men from the Marvel U, it made sense I could understand it, etc etc. Now when folks like Captain America, Thor, Hulk, or any other multitude of super powered humans are worshiped and respected, it makes NO SENSE for Mutants to be feared and hated on.

It's almost like the X-Men need to live in their own Universe or that hate has to change.
Makes it sense to you, that some immigrants are treated as good immigrants while other are treaded as bad ones? No? There you have your explanation. Racism makes no sense in real life either.

PsychBat!

Banned
Better than "Whor."

Still, no reason not to use "Lady Thor" if you're using such distinctions.
I think it would've been better if they used "Old" and "New".
Do it, my list of must play Vita games is at the ready if you want some suggestions.
I don't know... I'm extremely happy with my 3DSXL. And I don't want to spend more money on Sony memory sticks with little capacity. Thanks anyways. :D
Not trying to downplay, but God of Thunder probably helped in being a kind of sleeper hit. At least it was a sleeper hit to me, maybe I don't know anything.

Nah, God Butcher and God Bomb still trump any Thor story that came afterwards. Unless you're talking about sales?

Owzers

Walking Dead #138: It's hard to come to terms with why
people would want to have a group who wears skin masks and walks around the dead like wandering bros. Is it because they think any village that gets set up will crumble anyways so why bother? I dunno...
Random 6/10 just because i'm not a fan of them right now.

Sandfox

Did they really have to with "Feminist Thor"?

I get confused that people don't understand the "Thor is a lady" thing. Especially the "Thor is not a title!" argument from people who don't read comics.

I think the name thing is just confusing for a lot of people.

It's partly driven by speculators and to think otherwise is madness. Any heavily promoted #1 with a headline-grabbing twist and promotion on national US TV would have sold just as well. And if it was threatening to not do the numbers it did, into the Loot Crate it goes and BOOM, +500K sales.

It's a very entertaining book and it does deserve a wide audience. It's popcorn comics (is that even a thing? you don't want popcorn grease on a floppy) at their finest. I will say that I would not enjoy it as much without having read Thor: God of Thunder first. I miss Esad Ribic on art as well.

Also, #4 has one of my all-time favourite covers:

That's a "SHIT'S GONNA GO DOWN SON!" cover.

It's partly driven by speculators and to think otherwise is madness. Any heavily promoted #1 with a headline-grabbing twist and promotion on national US TV would have sold just as well. And if it was threatening to not do the numbers it did, into the Loot Crate it goes and BOOM, +500K sales.

That's totally cheating, tho.

i think it makes too much sense to hate mutants, and that's kinda why they don't work as irl allegories. There's also a bunch of mutants that look like demons n shit, and not all of them are good guys. Ethnic minorities don't have the power to make shit explode with their minds or melt people or whatever. at least, i sure as shit can't

can't explain Hulk tho, he should be hated n feared yea

i think it makes too much sense to hate mutants, and that's kinda why they don't work as irl allegories. There's also a bunch of mutants that look like demons n shit, and not all of them are good guys. Ethnic minorities don't have the power to make shit explode with their minds or melt people or whatever. at least, i sure as shit can't

can't explain Hulk tho, he should be hated n feared yea

Coupla things

There's a bunch of Z that look like demons n shit, and not all of them are good guys. Think there was even a joke about it sometime, with a mutant just pretending to be a regular supe so he wouldn't get the hate.

And hulk is seldom written as not feared. Smart Hulk/ Blarf Green periods are quite rare, after all.

Coupla things

There's a bunch of Z that look like demons n shit, and not all of them are good guys. Think there was even a joke about it sometime, with a mutant just pretending to be a regular supe so he wouldn't get the hate.

And hulk is seldom written as not feared. Smart Hulk/ Blarf Green periods are quite rare, after all.

show's what i know. I've read like....... shit have i ever read a Hulk comic??
i mean aside from that one issue of Stay Angry

I read some of Ultimates, where I figured, yeah this is kinda what Hulk would be like, huh

I like the TV show, but no way would I ever buy a comic book based on it.

I didn't even know there was a show until I googled it.

I'm getting it anyway because of the Crate, but this is my last month. Out of the crates I got there's only one item in each one I got I really liked (the Joker-as-Batman Funko, the Voltron shirt and the copy of Ready Player One since I gave my old one away). I just saw an unboxing of the March crate and it only intensified my need to cancel.

Plus, the sneaky fuckers charged me for March a week early.

Hulk is horny!

The comic book genius of Mark Millar, ladies and gentlemen. I did enjoy the Ultimates back in the day though.

Top Bottom