• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
7 hours Star Wars Prequels Marathon coming up tomorrow... When I should write a post here until tomorrow at this time, please come to my funeral. I died of boredom.

Zombine

Banned
Would I enjoy starlight? Or maybe Kickass. I loved the first movie. Didn't see the second.

Starlight is kinda sweet. You'd like that. Kick Ass is what it is. Do you like ultraviolence? Yes? Ok you'll love it.

Why would Messi wanna watch Star Wars when he lives it every day?

7 hours Star Wars Prequels Marathon coming up tomorrow... When I should write a post here until tomorrow at this time, please come to my funeral. I died of boredom.

Ugh. Prequels? Ugh.

I used to love Star Wars. Now I just like it. I expect I'll be so sick of it I'll vomit by the time Disney is finished.

Ugh. Prequels? Ugh.

I used to love Star Wars. Now I just like it. I expect I'll be so sick of it I'll vomit by the time Disney is finished.

Star Wars is my childhood and I won't let the prequels or other nonsense ruin that. And when Disney gives me the blu-Ray of the original trilogy without the alterations and special edition nonsense then Disney will be cool with me

Star Wars is my childhood and I won't let the prequels or other nonsense ruin that. And when Disney gives me the blu-Ray of the original trilogy without the alterations and special edition nonsense then Disney will be cool with me

Lucas probably took a dump on the masters of the original trilogy and then lit it on fire.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I can remember it like yesterday when I went with my father to the cinema to watch Episode I and was introduced to Star Wars through this.

I really remember every detail.

Zombine

Banned
I do. I watch plenty of great romantic comedies.

Ughhhhhhhhh I know you love these but ughhhhh God damn I can't watch any more of these. The only three I ever ended up liking were Pretty Woman, Love Actually, and that one where Keanu Reeves lives in a mailbox in the past and gets hit by a car.

Messi

I need to make a big ass neon sign saying "MESSI PLS".

But Lionel would probably be confused.

I would only hate it now due to the expectation that it should be great. I have no nostalgia for it. You guys all have that.

Ughhhhhhhhh I know you love these but ughhhhh God damn I can't watch any more of these. The only three I ever ended up liking were Pretty Woman, Love Actually, and that one where Keanu Reeves lives in a mailbox in the past and gets hit by a car.

I absolutely love them. They get me every time. Also Tron Legacy.

SoilBreak

Banned

That sounds like a great film.

PsychBat!

Banned
THOR2014007009-col-a7d86.jpg

AW SNAP!

Serendipity and Must Love Dogs were good, too. Oh god, am I a John Cusack fan? AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

PsychBat!

Banned
Russell Dauterman I'd assume

I was looking and yeah, it's Dauterman.

Axel-in-Charge, Alonso on Chris Sims:
It came to public attention that Chris Sims, co-writer on the recently announced "X-Men '92" series, had a history of harassing and bullying Valerie D'Orazio, an industry veteran who has written several stories for Marvel in the past. It's a situation that has sparked debate and discussion among fans and industry pros. Given that Sims is about to make his Marvel debut, do you have any response or comment on the situation, and if his standing on "X-Men '92" is affected?

Alonso: We had no knowledge of what transpired on the Internet between Chris and Valerie. We have since come to understand that several years ago both were active voices in the comics community -- both were bloggers and Valerie wrote a couple of stories for Marvel, including a "Punisher" one-shot that I edited -- that some sort of bad blood developed between them, and that Chris crossed lines in his treatment of Valerie that were indefensible, as he himself acknowledged. In his formal public apology, Chris took full responsibility for his actions. Some believe Chris is sincere -- Comics Alliance wrote an editorial supporting him -- and some don't. While we condemn Chris' past actions, we see his strongly worded apology as evidence that he now understands that verbal bullying and harassment of anyone is totally, unequivocally wrong.

Link if anyone is interested, but if you're wondering any more on Chris Sims, no such luck.

I was looking and yeah, it's Dauterman.

Axel-in-Charge, Alonso on Chris Sims:

Link if anyone is interested, but if you're wondering any more on Chris Sims, no such luck.
about what i'd expect, however, his response to the Ron Wimberly comic...

Another controversial topic: The Nib published a comic strip this week by artist Ronald Wimberly that described Marvel editorial requesting he lighten the skin color of the character Melita Garner in a recent "Wolverine and the X-Men" story. Does Marvel have any response to that comic, and the sequence of events described in it?

Alonso: In his Nib cartoon, Ron posed a question, "Is this racist?", casting a shadow over his editor and, by extension, Marvel. Here's what happened: The issue in question was "Wolverine and the X-Men" #10, a jam book that featured 8 different artists -- 14, if you include colorists -- one of whom was Ron Wimberly. The editor simply asked Ron to match the skin-tone that had been established for the character -- Melita Garner, a Latina -- on previous pages. She would have done the same if Ron had made Melita's skin too light.

To suggest that the editor or Marvel was uncomfortable with the character having dark or darker skin flies in the face of who we are and our history. Just last night, Sana Amanat, Marvel's Director of Content & Character development appeared on Comedy Central's "The Nightly Show" to speak about the growing diversity of our publishing efforts. We are the home to Storm, the Black Panther, Miles Morales [Ultimate Spider-Man], Sam Wilson [the All-New Captain America], Robbie Reyes [the All-New Ghost Rider] and Kamala Khan [Ms. Marvel], and our ethnically diverse staff of editors spans the color chart Ron cites in his Nib cartoon. I am Mexican-American, so that makes me #caa468.

can't roll my eyes around my skull enough times

Makes it sense to you, that some immigrants are treated as good immigrants while other are treaded as bad ones? No? There you have your explanation. Racism makes no sense in real life either.

Its not like mutants talk with a specific accent, or some other thing that lets the general public tell them apart from Inhumans, superhumans, what ever. How does the general public know Jean Grey is a mutant vs Inhuman and to know to be prejudice against her?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
about what i'd expect, however, his response to the Ron Wimberly comic...

can't roll my eyes around my skull enough times

The only real correct answer should have been: "We have reached out to Ron Wimberly and have offered him--in return for our shitty stupidity, of course--a deal. Ron gets to write and draw and reimagine whatever-the-fuck book he wants, and we promise not to cancel it after 12 issues. Our bad."

Zombine

Banned
The Twilight Zone is one of the most timeless shows I have ever watched. Rod Serling was brilliant and the intro is legit poetry.

Cade

The Twilight Zone is one of the most timeless shows I have ever watched. Rod Serling was brilliant and the intro is legit poetry.

One of the best. The first episode (I think) with the empty town... brilliant. When he runs
full speed into the mirror
.. goddamn. great cinematography

If OT GAF were writing the Avengers, it'd be the Beyonder, Sentry, Gladiator, the Living Tribunal, Doctor Strange, Hyperion, Thanos and Deadpool. Which is great if you're a citizen of the Marvel Universe, but we're in the universe that wants entertaining stories, and a superteam that looks like a PL 20 Mutants and Masterminds campaign is not that.

I'll be disappointed if Superman never sun dips and gives his cardboard speech to Darkseid in the JL movies.

I think all the avengers are pretty under powered in the movies. I have a hard time seeing Thanos anywhere near where he is in the comics with the IG. At any rate, power isn't the determining factor in what makes a good story.

Sixis Avenger World

Right. Victor got inverted. Whatever.

"I REGRET...SO MANY THINGS..."

I do hope among them is forgetting how Unca Doom and the Masters of Evil concluded. Ffs Spencer, Victor wished away his capacity to feel guilt. smh.

Barf.

Top Bottom