• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

MG310

This Captain America: Society of Serpents trade is pretty damn good so far.

Batroc's Brigade getting out of their costumes to dress up like a team of pizza delivery men to deliver Cap's shield in a pizza box to Obadiah Stane. Followed by a drunk Batroc betting Zaran/Machete that he can beat up Captain America and losing all of his share of the loot for stealing the shield.

Boogiepop

Before I forget: I read Justice League Beyond: Konstriction last night. It was... okay. Nothing too exciting, a few cool moments here and there and a whole lot of Justice League punching a big snake. Like, it was decent enough that I'll certainly continue with it due to my love of Beyond, but it also wasn't exactly very memorable or anything.

Messi

Call me crazy, and I know DC would never have gone for this but I think the current story arc in Catwoman should have been done in black and white. Garry browns art just pops in black and white and when it is coloured is loses some of its grittiness. See the page I got and how it looks in the book.

020215132958o2lCnTxZP6.jpg

While I am not saying it looks bad in colour, I just prefer the page in black and white. Visually this Catwoman arc has been really interesting and a complete tonal shift from the previous arcs.

yeah it looks much better in black and white imo. that's some nice art.

i'd go so far as saying the colour kind of cheapens it a bit, that shading is so nice.

Messi

yeah it looks much better in black and white imo. that's some nice art.

i'd go so far as saying the colour kind of cheapens it a bit, that shading is so nice.

I agree 100%. In particular the top panel. The colour kind of ruins the look of the buildings. In black and white they look grim and depressing. It fits the mood of the scene.

If they need to go back to 3.99 then I will pay 3.99. I've paid more for shittier books. American Vampire is top tier stuff.

It's not just American Vampire, tho. All of the Vertigo books are going up. Even Coffin Hill. *vomit*

No digital, no extra pages, no nothin'.

I just finished Injustice Year One and that was one of the best Elseworlds story's in the DC Universe. From a story stand point, it is every bit as entertaining as a Kingdom Come or New Frontier. It does not hit the highs of those series but comes really close. It's biggest downside, as a digital first title, is that the artist are not even close to being in the same earth as a Darwyn Cooke or Alex Ross. But wow, the story is amazing, emotional, epic, humorous, and smart.

I just finished Injustice Year One and that was one of the best Elseworlds story's in the DC Universe. From a story stand point, it is every bit as entertaining as a Kingdom Come or New Frontier. It does not hit the highs of those series but comes really close. It's biggest downside, as a digital first title, is that the artist are not even close to being in the same earth as a Darwyn Cooke or Alex Ross. But wow, the story is amazing, emotional, epic, humorous, and smart.

I would quite like more Green Arrow and Harley Quinn. They have a nice dynamic.

Squire

Banned
Finished Hawkeye #21

Yeah, I honestly have trouble putting how this book has touched me into words. It's one of the greatest stories I've ever experienced. Period.

Tizoc

Gonna give Starlight a read.

Can't believe some people haven't read Mark Miller's comics til now @_@
Marvel 1986 is worth checking out if you're an avid fan of ye olde Marvel back in the 80s.
His Superman Adventure stories are good too and JCViewtiful even made posts about them.

Zombine

Banned

There is no dedicated world to Injustice in the Multiversity Guidebook :/

Messi

original.jpg

“For the first time in the Arkham series take on the role of Joker’s psychotic side-kick Harley Quinn and wreak havoc inside the Blüdhaven Police Department.
With this exclusive Story Pack experience events in the lead-up to Arkham Knight as you infiltrate Blüdhaven to rescue your partner in crime: Poison Ivy. Delve deep into Harley’s demented nature and utilize her devastating baseball bat to smash, crash and bash your way to a friend very much in need.
” - via GamerCenterOnline

lhjhbB9.gif

Sounds like exactly what I wanted.

Messi

Coool. Let me play the whole game as her or Nightwing also..idc if it doesnt make sense

Give Harley back her baby cape and then she can glide like Batman. Sorted.

In all fairness, prices need to go up somehow. 60 dollars has been the standard despite inflation and growing costs` for a long ass time.

Absolutely. But I don't feel like this season pass warrants half the cost of the base game.

In all fairness, prices need to go up somehow. 60 dollars has been the standard despite inflation and growing costs` for a long ass time.

I'll accept a price increase when games don't release busted as shit. The day they can release a finished product that doesn't need patching, I'll pay a bit more for it.

I'll accept a price increase when games don't release busted as shit. The day they can release a finished product that doesn't need patching, I'll pay a bit more for it.

Eh. Not trying to call you out, but I doubt it.

Setting aside that a fair number of games do release sans issues, there's a relentless downward price spiral taking place on the PC marketplace. Any sort of goodwill from a lack of day 1 issues is going to be offset by that and existing inertia.

MG310

Give us extra money so you can play as classic character Tanya!
Then give us another 30 dollars later on for Hellraiser, Movado, Hsu Hao and Drahmin

Might have to check out that Arkham Knight dlc though.

Top Bottom