• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Feel free to switch out creep for mysognist or jerk.

Also, where is that gif from?

True, but then that opens up an even bigger list

and it's from the 1995 cinematic treasure Hackers

Hackersposter.jpg

Guys I'm concerned. What if the lumberjanes have no homes. This is a never ending camp with no mention of parents. Maybe the world has ended and they're all orphans at the last sanctuary protected by a wizard God.

Think about it.

Messi

Guys I'm concerned. What if the lumberjanes have no homes. This is a never ending camp with no mention of parents. Maybe the world has ended and they're all orphans at the last sanctuary protected by a wizard God.

Think about it.

That would be perfect. Fuck. That is grim.

Read issues #1 to #11 of Black Science finally. Really good stuff and I'm looking forward to the next arc.
Also read the first Deadly Class TPB. Interesting, but I'll want to read more before I get too excited.

I started Harley Quinn. I'm only three issues in, so maybe I'm missing the brilliance so far.

I have Trees and Low lined up, along with Spider-Gwen.

Trees, Low, Spider-Gwen and Black Science are the ones I'm keeping up with. Oh and Descender. Low is by far my favorite, the story is unique but the art just leaves me mesmerized. I actually tracked down all the physical issues just so I could always flip through them.

ElNarez

Banned
what the heck is it with taking a cute thing and trying to make it deep and metaphysical by artificially injecting tons of sadness into it

is it because of adventure time

it's gotta be right

Read issues #1 to #11 of Black Science finally. Really good stuff and I'm looking forward to the next arc.
Also read the first Deadly Class TPB. Interesting, but I'll want to read more before I get too excited.

I started Harley Quinn. I'm only three issues in, so maybe I'm missing the brilliance so far.

I have Trees and Low lined up, along with Spider-Gwen.

Welcome to the Harley fam. I think the real highlights of the series are the ones where she's with Ivy and the crossover she had with Power Girl that lasted three issues. It's just a fun book to relax with in between a lot of the more serious and heavier books. It's good to have something you can goof off with.

And if you enjoyed Black Science I'm positive you'll enjoy Low. The artwork in it is absolutely gorgeous. Easily one of the best looking comics out right now. Everything flows so wonderfully and beautifully.

I am re-reading Bandette as I bought the physical hardcover. Just a beautiful, hilarious book. It's exactly the kind of thing I like.
Its a great series. I wish issues would come out faster. Have you read Amelia Cole yet? I like Bandette more but also really good.

Also has anyone read giant days? The preview showed promise.

what the heck is it with taking a cute thing and trying to make it deep and metaphysical by artificially injecting tons of sadness into it

is it because of adventure time

it's gotta be right
Everything dies.
never seen adventure time.

Messi

My bad Wada is doing the covers on the next Catwoman run. The first one he has shown off is awesome.

Its a great series. I wish issues would come out faster. Have you read Amelia Cole yet? I like Bandette more but also really good.

Also has anyone read giant days? The preview showed promise.

Everything dies.
never seen adventure time.

Yeah, I see it is only up to #9 and the second book is not out yet obviously.

I had completely forgot about Amelia Cole. I will get some this week.

haha true at the bolded

Alright, I believe you when you say he is not a creep. Harassment is not a one time thing though. By his own admission, he crossed a line. I don't think I've seen anything about how Val D’Orazio was a jerk to him, so maybe we've given a limited account of it.

If the ComicsAlliance editors can make a case for him as a different guy, then I suppose we can accept it while acknowledging it happened although not all will be OK with that. Ten years is certainly long enough to change.

If you were to go back not even ten years ago in my college days, you would see some comics with mysogynist undertones. Not until I had dissassociated myself from some people and befriended some others who were active feminists did I see those undertones in my work and then worked to never repeat them.

Which kind of raises a question, is there a statue of limitations on stupid shit a creator has said or done in the past? And how do we weigh current actions/attitudes of the creators vs previous behavior? If Orson Scott Card decided to change his attitudes, would the majority of us who decided to not support his work be open to his future work? Honestly, I don't know if I would.

I was there, he and I and several others were writing a book together at the time. Val had come into conflict with a few of our friends at the time (who were mentioned in one of the many articles this week), and was a jerk to them. I think saying "Go cry about it, Val." (His exact words, there was no "little girl", trust me, we all remember.) is tone deaf, hurtful, and insensitive. But it's not being a creep.

Limited account is probably the best description you could use. Most recent articles are ignoring that David contacted Chris first this round and Val had erased much of her online presence from the time, and this was before the days of "Gotcha" screenshotting.

This is probably the only place I'd bother clarifying all this stuff, because it's a pointless task and no one wants to blame the victim of this sort of thing. No one deserves to be harassed, and Chris acknowledged that in his apology. My only goal is to better illustrate the Chris I know factually to exist.

For the record, the reason I thought Val was a jerk back then was because she called Final Crisis a failure because it sold less than Secret Invasion. Still makes me mad just having to type that idea out.

Zombine

Banned

Think about it.

Someone call CPS. Messi, you're on thread making duty. Make it extra Sun magazine sounding.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I was there, he and I and several others were writing a book together at the time. Val had come into conflict with a few of our friends at the time (who were mentioned in one of the many articles this week), and was a jerk to them. I think saying "Go cry about it, Val." (His exact words, there was no "little girl", trust me, we all remember.) is tone deaf, hurtful, and insensitive. But it's not being a creep.

Limited account is probably the best description you could use. Most recent articles are ignoring that David contacted Chris first this round and Val had erased much of her online presence from the time, and this was before the days of "Gotcha" screenshotting.

This is probably the only place I'd bother clarifying all this stuff, because it's a pointless task and no one wants to blame the victim of this sort of thing. No one deserves to be harassed, and Chris acknowledged that in his apology. My only goal is to better illustrate the Chris I know factually to exist.

For the record, the reason I thought Val was a jerk back then was because she called Final Crisis a failure because it sold less than Secret Invasion. Still makes me mad just having to type that idea out.

I'm actually glad you're around to clarify the situation some and add some context. It's all too easy to dogpile and completely decry a person online nowadays. Dude's actions were super shitty, but he doesnt deserve to be lumped in with the Brian Woods of the industry.

Owzers

Think about it.

Sounds like the next installment of Runaways.

MG310

As far as I can tell everything gets folded into Secret Wars and then at the end of Secret Wars everything gets spit out into a new mainline MU on the other side with some hot new number 1 issues plus whatever is going to continue out of Secret Wars (A-Force specifically)

Zombine

Banned
Is 2014/2015 the first year where Marvel rolled out new characters that stuck? So far:

Mrs Marvel
Spider-Gwen
Silk

That's really impressive.

Messi

I have been informed of an amazing opportunity and I need the advice of my friends here on comicGAF. I am able to buy one of a number of pages from Ann Nocenti's seminal work Catwoman. Specifically from the Race of Thieves arc (the one where she really proved how little she cared about Selina as a character). I feel like buying one of these pages would make the whole thing come full circle and then I can finally let it go.

Messi

Oh, Silk and Spider-Gwen stuck alright. Because they're Spider-People.

ku ku ku ku ku

This is the sad truth.

I would love to see Anna Maria be given a spider person role. Even in a dream sequence or something. God damn it just let her and SpOck be together :(

Will Eva stick because she is an X person? Most likely no. Plus she is too powerful for them to keep around.

Top Bottom