• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

:p

gg Marvel

:(
Marvel struggles with counting. They get nervous if the issue count gets beyond 10 and resets. Pretty soon the series volume count will far exceed the number of issues that series will ever get.

In other news every time I try to read today I pass out. In lazy old man reading mode. Not making much progress. Halp

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I wanted to read Kingsman but I cant. Prequels gave me headace :(

I think I wait an hour and will then finish the second season of Breaking Bad.

Sandfox

If only Marvel would give Aracely her own ongoing

We're never gonna learn the rest of her story :'(
Unofrtunately it probably wouldn't do all that well.
Is that new Runaways series only for Secret Wars or will it be an ongoing?
We don't kjnow yet and I'm guessing if people like the book it might stick around assuming they aren't already planning on doing that.
no...please marvel :(

It could come back for all we know.

Messi

Jess, Jenn, whatever, who cares, nerd

i'm cool

I post on actual Off-Topic threads and everything none of your "community" ghetto-ass bullshit

Side.gif

Zombine

Banned
People believe in Reptilians and mole people...of course someone will think it's really cursed and make a YouTube video about it.

Ultra Comics was an inside job.

Jess, Jenn, whatever, who cares, nerd

i'm cool

I post on actual Off-Topic threads and everything none of your "community" ghetto-ass bullshit

You're not cool if you have to tell people you're cool. :(

Also, FigureGAF had a mod visit the other day telling us to be less lewd. We're legit now! We have street cred.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Saw this at Forbidden Planet in London yesterday, it's not supposed to be out until the 31st.

1mSTbbIm.jpg

Remember someone talking about it earlier in here (or the last thread). It's pretty great. Is it out in the US already?

Messi

Saw this at Forbidden Planet in London yesterday, it's not supposed to be out until the 31st.

1mSTbbIm.jpg

Remember someone talking about it earlier in here (or the last thread). It's pretty great. Is it out in the US already?

It was in my store last week. Its likely in comic stores last wednesday and amazon ect on the 30th. Comic shops usually get a few weeks headstart.

Superman #39 was great. The moment with the gunman felt like something out of All Star Superman to me.

Also, I'm continuing to slowly truck through Sandman. I'm currently on Vol 6, having started several years ago. It's a great book, but it can be pretty heavy at times. The forward to Vol 6. states something to the effect that almost every line of Dream's could be interpreted in a poetic, second meaning way. To be honest it's not much of an exaggeration either.

1mSTbbIm.jpg

Yeah i think it came out last week. I'm gonna pick it up at the next con i'm at

Holy fuck.

It's Morrison's Infinite Jest.

The new horror that’s revealed is the Oblivion Machine in Ultra Comics; consuming comics is devouring the hours and the minutes of your lives, and you’re actually being vampirized by your entertainment media.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I've never read a David Foster Wallace book in my life.

I started reading Infinite Jest on my Kindle a while back. I read it for a few hours and was still at 1 or 2% progress through the book. I got overwhelmed and gave up. One day though. Haha

However, I have read The Instructions, which is a 1000+ page book and is absolutely excellent. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

I started reading Infinite Jest on my Kindle a while back. I read it for a few hours and was still at 1 or 2% progress through the book. I got overwhelmed and gave up. One day though. Haha

However, I have read The Instructions, which is a 1000+ page book and is absolutely excellent. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

I can get through books if they're interesting. I've tried three times to read Atlas Shrugged and never got further than page 150. No point in sticking with it if you're not enjoying it, though.

Speaking of thousand page novels, ever read any Neal Stephenson?

I see someone is not fond of scottish hijinks.

I like 'em just fine, but the dude is crazy.

I know this because I've read his autobiography.

Pax Americana is the best comic of the last 10 years so

You seem to have gotten more mileage out of it than I did. But Multiversity as a whole has been the best DC event in ages. I'm definitely in for the collected edition. I'll probably even triple-dip if they put out an Absolute Edition.

I've just read the last 3 pages of comigaf while downing 4 triple bacon burgers.

I've no idea what the hell any of you are talking about.

Anyway.
I wanna do terrible, horrible things to whoever allowed this to go through. Fucksake, how could the writer make it any clearer that he wanted to be pulled from the job?

Top Bottom