• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Dunbar

Amazing X-Men #18
Arkham Manor #6
Batman Eternal #51
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad #1
Black Hood #2
Criminal Vol. 3 - The Dead and the Dying
Darth Vader #3
Gotham Academy #6
Gotham Academy Endgame One-Shit
Gotham by Midnight #5
Multiversity: Ultra Comics
New Avengers #32
Secret Avengers #14
Uncanny X-Men #32
Wayward #6
Wytches #5

Hooray for Wayward coming back! I never did see that variant cover for Gotham Academy #6 by Babs Tarr available anywhere.

Messi

Young Jean and Emma need to
be BFFs that recent all new issue with them was adorbz
. They should
depower Eva a bit if they are going to keep her around

Messi

Batman and Robin #40
Batman Eternal #51
Catwoman #40 hyyyyype
Gotham Academy #5
Jem #1
Rumble #4
Wicked and the divine #9
Wytches #5
Deadpool #44
Legendary Star Lord #10
Uncanny X-Men #32

Big hard Sex Criminals
Low Vol 1
Runaways complete collection Vol 3

Nice week

This is why you should be careful with what Messi recommends :V

I never recommended Batgirl Endgame

This is why you should be careful with what Messi recommends :V

It's just bizarre. It's a silent issue for no seemingly good reason. The panel flow is confusing in several spots that the silence doesn't help, like, why is the girl texting Batgirl with frowny faces. What the fuck is the context? Then at one point she leaves the bus to get away but then is back on it randomly and Batgirl drives it off a bridge???

Oh and then it just ends. Hard stop.

Messi

It's just bizarre. It's a silent issue for no seemingly good reason. The panel flow is confusing in several spots that the silence doesn't help, like, why is the girl texting Batgirl with frowny faces. What the fuck is the context? Then at one point she leaves the bus to get away but then is back on it randomly and Batgirl drives it off a bridge???

Oh and then it just ends. Hard stop.

Sounds like bad writing.

I am pretty sure Gotham Academy Endgame is not this week.

Fire / Ice adorbz.

bhJLjfI.jpg

Messi

Supergirl: Emanuela Lupacchino continues to draw the most gorgeous everything. Hnnnngh. And she packs every panel with detail. It's criminal this series is ending.

Also random Maxima coming onto Kara.

Yeah I am super sad that it is ending. Lupacchino is amazing. I can't wait to see her art on Starfire. Its like a match made in heaven.

tim1138

Yes it is. But hopefully people will take a chance with the relaunch and embrace it.

I read an interview with Giffen and it sounds like DC is ok with the sales, but yeah it'd be great to see it take off. There's some fun stuff coming up in the relaunch:
Gal Gardner, future Supergirl, New Gods, and Starro
. Porter posted his designs for the last one on twitter.

Messi

The Starfire love. Where were you when she was on Red Hood and the Outlaws?

I can only read so many team books and that one didn't make the cut. Ain't no bandwagon for me. I am only hyped because it is Jimmy and Amanda.

The team books i've read recently have been really shit (Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey) so I ain't exactly excited to jump into another dc one.

I read an interview with Giffen and it sounds like DC is ok with the sales, but yeah it'd be great to see it take off. There's some fun stuff coming up in the relaunch:
Gal Gardner, future Supergirl, New Gods, and Starro
. Porter posted his designs for the last one on twitter.

Everything you just typed sounds pretty amazing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I looked at my Comixology acccount, and found I had over 600 issues.

I have no idea how it got that high. >_>
I am around 1.100 issues. And this is my Marvel stuff only.

Most of the stuff is from this two Marvel #1 sales, were they gave hundreds of books away for free.

Vibranium

Banned
Just finished the second season of Breaking Bad... Krysten Rytter is just a wonderful woman...

I am really excited for AKA Jessica Jones after Daredevil. Kristen Ritter is awesome and David Tennant is going to kill it as Purple Man.

I wonder if Marvel will cast any more former Doctors... I would kill to see Sylvestor McCoy in the MCU, he was fantastic in The Hobbit.

Boogiepop

Wow, Messi and I couldn't be further apart on this. Most romance stuff in movies makes me wretch, but I think that's just my immaturity. Any kissing or similar in a film has me reaching for the sick bag most of the time. It's pure cringe.

I've only seen 8 of the 50 romantic comedies in this list for instance.

And before anyone says "you'll sit through the worst of violence but not any showing of skin" I can't watch most horror stuff either. I like the ridiculous ones with goofy villains like Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th (I got into both of those after reading Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash 1 and 2), or comedies like Army of Darkness or Shaun of the Dead, but most of the time, NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I've only seen 4 of those movies. Huh.

Also, before I forget again: Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe did what seems like a pointless, random Ann Nocenti nod/reference/name drop. Just weird and caught me off guard...

I've only seen 4 of those movies. Huh.

Also, before I forget again: Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe did what seems like a pointless, random Ann Nocenti nod/reference/name drop. Just weird and caught me off guard...
She co-created him! His Ultimate U name is also a reference

Owzers

Uncanny Avengers #2 relaunch: Probably the least interesting book I am currently reading outside of Thor. The Sabertooth narration feels superficial and temporary, but i do like what's going on with the High Evolutionary. Random 5/10. I should probably drop it but i'll give it a few more issues.

kd-z

Hey hey, kd-z. You been reading any comics?
Nope, I haven't touched anything in quite some time. Just not feeling like it, for some reason. That's why I'm not posting much here, not following the thread either.

And it seems that stuff has happened in comix, huh? The Batgirl cover stuff, the Chris Sims shebang. Weird stuff, weird stuff.

IST order is finally here. More Manga than Comics this time though. They usually ship Fedex Ground for me, but used USPS (slow!) this time.
Please share your thoughts on SHOWA as soon as possible! It sounds really intriguing.

Top Bottom