• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

I've just read the last 3 pages of comigaf while downing 4 triple bacon burgers.

That's a lot of meat. Like WOAH lot.

WTF. People like this actually exist, with 30 more people actually agreeing with this statement and 49 more wanting to share it with the world.

This is how we figure out what people should be sterilized and not allowed to breed.

Actually on Sunday Sunday list.

Aquaman #40
Arkham Manor #6
Batman And Robin #40
Batman Eternal #51
Catwoman #40
Deathstroke #6
Earth 2 World's End #25
Flash #40
Gotham Academy #6
Gotham By Midnight #5
Infinity Man And The Forever People #9
Justice League Dark #40
Multiversity Ultra Comics #1
Red Lanterns #40
Secret Origins #11
Sinestro #11

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Night of the living deadpool #2 was still bad, why did you guys lie and say that series was good? You are all bad people, especially Messi

Messi

I presume it's all Messi.

I can't confirm or deny the existence of twitter alts to create an Ann Nocenti echo chamber.

Night of the living deadpool #2 was still bad, why did you guys lie and say that series was good? You are all bad people, especially Messi

I loved it, different people like different things. You should know what you are getting when I tell you what books to read. That said. I only read the main Deadpool series and the living dead series.

Grayson continues to be better than anything you're currently reading.

Truth. You can take the Nightwing out of the Grayson, but you can't take his awesome from him.

Supergirl: Emanuela Lupacchino continues to draw the most gorgeous everything. Hnnnngh. And she packs every panel with detail. It's criminal this series is ending.

Also random Maxima coming onto Kara.

So in New 52, Supergirl replaces Superman as Maxima's main crush? I'm down.

Oh.

Oh wow.
Axis really does go out of its way in its quest to be shittier than Age of Loltron.

It's really bad. Coming from Remender, it stings even more.

Axis Captain Black Fascism and the No One Cares

HEY, Remember when Blue Marvel was white?
Pk33Euo.jpg
Not a "wrong pannel" thing either. Happens again on the next page.

Owzers

i still stand behind Night of the Living Deadpool, it's goofy zombie semi-fun and perfect for Marvel Unlimited reading. Had i spent $3.99 an issue i'd be a lot tougher on it.

Thanks, Grand.

To give some clarification:

Mayo Report is cool for the "numbers" side of things.
Comic Conspiracy is a store owner doing a podcast.
Comic Vine is sort of all over the place but probably the longest.
Talking Comics is a little more well rounded like Comic Vine.
iFanboy is very jaded but if you love indie stuff you'll probably like it.
Major Spoilers is very long running but also tends to be more "geek culture" focused.
3 Chicks is a female viewpoint centric podcast.

Messi

Major Spoilers is very long running but also tends to be more "geek culture" focused.

I only listen to Talking Comics, but I can vouch for that. I really enjoy it. Bob has such an amazing knowledge of comics/comic history.

Althane

Turns out I missed Prophet vol. 4 coming out, so I'm picking that up off of Amazon today. Anyone got any other suggestions for picking up? I was thinking of picking up 3 volumes of Saga in paperback form, since I have the humble-bundle versions of them.

I can vouch for Comic Conspiracy. It's interesting to hear what a comic store owner has to go through to keep one running. I used to listen to Comic Vine but they get pretty run of the mil and boring with their talks.

WTF. People like this actually exist, with 30 more people actually agreeing with this statement and 49 more wanting to share it with the world.

Do all comic nerds run in the same circles on twitter? Lol

Every time a Poison Ivy book gets mentioned it's always that Ian guy and Ivy fan that talk about it. When you follow a lot of comic writers it's always these people talking to them.

Turns out I missed Prophet vol. 4 coming out, so I'm picking that up off of Amazon today. Anyone got any other suggestions for picking up? I was thinking of picking up 3 volumes of Saga in paperback form, since I have the humble-bundle versions of them.

Deadly Class :)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I haven't read JLI or Death of Superman, but I would imagine the JLI would be out of place in such a story.

Perhaps a good comparison would be having Squirrel Girl in Death of Wolverine.
Yeah, they definitly felt out of place in the story. They made the middlepart shitty. The beginning was awesome, with more and more parts of Doomsday revealed and the end with Supes dying is one of my favorite superhero deaths ever.

(At least I am not the only one who felt them displaced)

Messi

Every time a Poison Ivy book gets mentioned it's always that Ian guy and Ivy fan that talk about it. When you follow a lot of comic writers it's always these people talking to them.

Yeah I have seen that ivy person a fair bit.

I know they want an ivy book but a crap ivy book would hurt more than no ivy book.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It'd be like me saying, "I really hate SpOck, but I know nothing about him."
I didnt liked them in the book. I dont have to know every character to enjoy their appearence in a book. Usually, I meet a new character, find them interesting and try to gain more knowledge about them. After DoS, I had no interest in gainimg more knowledge about them becaus I didnt cared about them.

In DoS, they show up, get beaten up by Doomsday and that was it, when IRC. People here compare them to Squirrel Girl, this says a lot, I think. They just doesnt fitted for me in the story.

But when I would have read more JLI and were more exposed to them, I would have maybe reacted different to them.

Also, between disliking someone and hate, there is a big difference for me.

frye

fwiw, their reasoning is probably less "I really liked what Nocenti did with Catwoman so much I want to see her work magic on Poison Ivy" and more "I really liked what she did with the character in Batman/Poison Ivy: Cast Shadows 10 years ago"

e:
This is how we figure out what people should be sterilized and not allowed to breed.

ya lol haha

bengraven

Um, is that supposed to be the Riddler, Solomon Grundy, The Joker, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman among others on the cover of Amazing Spider-man 16?

(I'm kidding, I know that's Black Cat and Tombstone at least)

Top Bottom