• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Y'all are talking like Apocalypse was ever a good villain to begin with. If they hadn't changed writers on X-Factor after issue 5, he wouldn't even exist.
I think he's a ton of fun. It's Mr. Sinister who I think is a waste of space. Like what does he do? All he cares about is Scott and Jean. Very booring villian

tim1138

I think he's a ton of fun. It's Mr. Sinister who I think is a waste of space. Like what does he do? All he cares about is Scott and Jean. Very booring villian

They're both extremely one note villains. I like(d) Sinister more because his obsession with Summers DNA always made me laugh. The best thing Apocalypse ever did was create Archangel.

Sandfox

This Poccy was nothing more than a Grey Hulk knockoff, so i've a spot of trouble imagining how that'd even be possible.

The other ones have been written even worse to the point where people only like the animated version of Apocalypse now. Grey Hulk is an improvement lol.

I don't like apocalypse as a character but he results in things that I like. Like Archangel and Evan.

I honestly can't unbiasedly gauge Apocalypse as a character. Walt Simonson's art of him in X-Factor makes him instantly like the sickest charac in comics ever.

EDIT
JJDPt5d.jpg

AYYYY

Zombine

Banned
A Mament With Millar:

Ultimate Avengers #5
ultavengers02.jpg

Fewer moments in comics have so clearly drawn the line between who is good and who is evil than what Millar has accomplished with his work adapting Red Skull for a younger, hipper, more extreme audience in the Ultimate Universe.

It is clear that Millar wanted us as readers to explore the darker side of our own psyche, and make us ponder what we would do to attempt to save that which we love most. This scene is painted in such a way that it is clear that this woman is willing to go the extra mile to save her new born child, who one could interpret represents our own innocence, and how there is that defining moment in our lives where it is seemingly thrown out the window.

899353-ultavg001_cov_villain_02.jpg

Good guy Millar, saving comics one panel at a time.

A Mament With Millar:

Ultimate Avengers #5
http://www.4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ultavengers02.jpg

Fewer moments in comics have so clearly drawn the line between who is good and who is evil than what Millar has accomplished with his work adapting Red Skull for a younger, hipper, more extreme audience in the Ultimate Universe.

It is clear that Millar wanted us as readers to explore the darker side of our own psyche, and make us ponder what we would do to attempt to save that which we love most. This scene is painted in such a way that it is clear that this woman is willing to go the extra mile to save her new born child, who one could interpret represents our own innocence, and how there is that defining moment in our lives where it is seemingly thrown out the window.

[img]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/20224/899353-ultavg001_cov_villain_02.jpg

Good guy Millar, saving comics one panel at a time.[/QUOTE]

God his comeback to Ultimates was disappointing.

Calcium

Banned
Just finished reading Y: The Last Man. It was a fantastic series from start to finish and I even teared up towards the end. If anyone reading this hasn't given the series a shot I highly suggest you do so.

Messi

Just finished reading Y: The Last Man. It was a fantastic series from start to finish and I even teared up towards the end. If anyone reading this hasn't given the series a shot I highly suggest you do so.

I did...but not right at the end. spoilers!
I lost it at the shooting of 355........................................................... gotta makes these spoilers convincing lol

Owzers

That Millar Red Skull thing still creeps me out. I also knew his comeback to Ultimates wasn't going to be something I cared about and i was correct.

Calcium

Banned
I did...but not right at the end. spoilers!
I lost it at the shooting of 355........................................................... gotta makes these spoilers convincing lol

That's actually where it hit me too.
My reaction was literally "No....no....*tears up*....no..."

Zombine

Banned
That Millar Red Skull thing still creeps me out. I also knew his comeback to Ultimates wasn't going to be something I cared about and i was correct.

To be fair, I don't think that you would have cared even if they had Gaiman on hand as the writer with a resurrected Moebius on art duties with Jock as the fill in.

:p

Cade

Rick Chapman just put a phone number you can reach him by in that thread. Rick Chapman is my new favorite author.

Did you buy Sunstone?

How is Naja by Bengal folks?

I already own Sunstone on CMX no. I had the Incal trade (already OOP) from this fall so I decided to get the rest and then i went down a bit of a rabbit hole

POLLY & PIRATES
POLLY & PIRATES TP VOL 02
METABARONS HC
BEFORE THE INCAL HC NEW PTG (MR)
FINAL INCAL HC (MR)
MADWOMAN O/T SACRED HEART HC (MR)
MANARA LIBRARY HC VOL 01
MANARA BORGIAS HC (MR)
DIOSAMANTE HC (MR)

Weiss

Banned
So I finished Ms. Marvel vol. 2. Did anyone think the "Millennials have been screwed over by the older generation" message was too heavy handed? I'm pretty okay with blunt messages, especially in teen books, but I've seen some criticism of it as being too in your face.

Nudull

Banned
So I finished Ms. Marvel vol. 2. Did anyone think the "Millennials have been screwed over by the older generation" message was too heavy handed? I'm pretty okay with blunt messages, especially in teen books, but I've seen some criticism of it as being too in your face.

Didn't you guys give Young Avengers constant shit over its bluntness?

PsychBat!

Banned
The Havok speech was worse and it sucked.

Messi

My heart sank and stayed sunk from that moment onwards.

One of the few times while reading a comic that
I was so sad that I just wanted to give up reading it. It destroyed me, I spent some time just looking at the page trying to think of ways it wasnt real :(. God damn it she was happy. I know BKV is going to hit that level with Saga too.

Top Bottom