• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

I bought the Joker Celebration of 75 years and I just read Batman #1 from 1940 for the very first time. For 1940, that was pretty incredible. I'd say the characterization of the Joker was pretty spot on to today's standards.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait does Peter have organic Web shooters now? Or had during Civil war? Thus Spider-Man issue after he reveals himself, he's with MJ in a alley with a bunch of reporters, some Captain America fans tries to shoot him and he webs the gun and it blows up... but he's in civies and has no shooters (and he's in a tshirt so it's no like they are hiding)

So is it just a art mistake?

Sandfox

Wait does Peter have organic Web shooters now? Or had during Civil war? Thus Spider-Man issue after he reveals himself, he's with MJ in a alley with a bunch of reporters, some Captain America fans tries to shoot him and he webs the gun and it blows up... but he's in civies and has no shooters (and he's in a tshirt so it's no like they are hiding)

During The Other he gained addition powers including organic webbing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

No, thats a fallout of Spectacular Spider-Man: Disassembled. He was turned into a giant spider by The Queen and gained organic webshooter during this arc to be on par with Raimis Movies, where he had organic webshooter, too.

In The Other, where he died, accepted his inner Spider and was rebirthed with a couple of new powers was this consolidated.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No, thats a fallout of Spectacular Spider-Man: Disassembled. He was turned into a giant spider by The Queen and gained organic webshooter during this arc to be on par with Raimis Movies, where he had organic webshooter, too.

In The Other, where he died, accepted his inner Spider and was rebirthed with a couple of new powers was this consolidated.

And that's all been retconned today? Because SpOck has actual shooters right, like not even hidden?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think he still had the powers but Marvel spent a lot of time dancing around why he didn't use them and then we got the return of Kaine.

When I remember correctly, they were kind of ignored until Spider Island, where he began joking about them in some sort of way ("Charlie, you should eat protein rich food, thats good for the strengh of your webs and refills your reserve"). But it was never really explained, how they went away, thats right.

Rhaknar

Speedball in prison is my favorite thing about civil war so far

Hey guys what's going o--- O-oh...

Just+back+away+slowly+and+runnnnnnn_c189d9_3839276.gif

besada

Banned
Read Trees and Low.

Loved the art on Low and enjoy the story so far. The art is absolutely stunning. I could look at it all day.

As for Trees, it's taking awhile to get spooled up, and the payoff will likely be disappointing, because it's Ellis, but I'm still enjoying it. I really like the various characters, and care more about their stories than what's going on with the trees.

And I'm totally stoked for new Tank Girl, penis spaceships and all.

ThyComicList

ARCHIE COMICS:
BLACK HOOD #2

BOOM!:
HIT 1957 #1
CURB STOMP #2 (maybe)

DC COMICS:
BATMAN AND ROBIN #40
BATMAN ETERNAL #51
MULTIVERSITY ULTRA COMICS #1

IDW:
D4AVE #2

IMAGE:
WYTCHES #5

MARVEL:
DAREDEVIL #14
POWERS #2

Primarily Marvel again for me this week. Looking forward to a new issue of The Bunker & Wytches though. I did notice that they've sneakily removed the original black & white version of The Bunker from Comixology though!

Batman Eternal #51
Gotham By Midnight #5
New 52 Futures End #47
Twilight Zone Shadow And Substance #3
Wytches #5
Deadpool #44
Guardians 3000 #6
Guardians Of The Galaxy #25
Inhuman #13
Legendary Star-Lord #10
New Avengers #32
Nova #28
Thanos Vs Hulk #4
Uncanny X-Men #32
Bunker #10

Please share your thoughts on SHOWA as soon as possible! It sounds really intriguing.

Showa looks amazing. Let us know.

I've actually been reading a library copy for a couple of weeks. The little I have read has been great. It flips between being a documentary type of narration to explain the events across Japan (with a large reference index), and a more familiar slice-of-life type of narration for the author's own story. I personally hadn't read much about Japan pre-WW2 leading up to the Pacific Theatre. Reading is slow due to me having to look up some supplemental material along the way.

Busaiku

There's always digital, right.
Doesn't Ms. Marvel do relatively low physical numbers, but its digital sales have made it one of Marvel's more successful titles.

That is gorgeous work. #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag

Hey, IG is the one place # works really well.

Top Bottom