• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

You have no memory of
the death of one of the 3 main characters? (Is ampersand a main character? if so 4)
?

Nope.

I *really* disliked Y by the end. All i remember is how much i disliked him and his silly sister trying to enforce monogamy.
-
Case in point: i had to google if ampersand was a cat or a dog. All i remembered was that it was a pet.

Messi

Is it wrong
that ampersand living makes me happier than 355 dying? Like if I had to choose, I'd choose between the two Id choose ampersand

I am the complete opposite. I didn't like ampersand at all and I was rooting for 355 every step of the way. But in the end both die. I was hollow by the time amp died.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No turning back now bitches!

Amazing Spider-Man #529 - really like the suit Tony makes him, but I'm already confused, I thought some mutant blowing up a town (speedball?) Was what caused civil war (well the registration act) but in this spidey issue, which MU calls the first in the event, Tony is already acting like the act is going to be a thing and is goading Peter to be on his side no matter what...so did MU miss a issue?

Cade

lol nah.

nobody's above the law.

I mean, he committed sudoku, didn't get banned, but what a dramatic entrance-exit cycle. Poor, 61-year-old Mr. Chapman just wanted to hang out and we've kicked him out with our soulless, unchanging ways.

That guy didn't seem to have a whole lot of familiarity with the intertubes concept.

Ah, 61. Stereotypes, ho!

I'll be impressed if I can string words together at 61 after the crazy party life I
don't
lead.

355's story is really tragic. I was convinced she was going to make it and live on happily ever after. I am getting sad just thinking about it. That damn page.

BKV played us like a damn fiddle.

I mean, he committed sudoku, didn't get banned, but what a dramatic entrance-exit cycle. Poor, 61-year-old Mr. Chapman just wanted to hang out and we've kicked him out with our soulless, unchanging ways.

tell him to get a promotional tag like the rest of us have to

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hate how Peter calls Tony "boss"

Edit: ok I liked the 3 "road to civil war" spiderman issues, but these two F4 issues with Doom trying to claim Thor's hammer seem to have zero to do with civil war, so that was weird. Anyway, 5 down, about 90 to go... trucking along

Rhaknar

Really liked New Avengers: Illuminati. Very foreboding, and it made me want to read the Hulk stuff when they shoot him to space (since its recapped here). But for now, it's time for Civil War #1

I really like the idea if CW btw, it's something that would happen in a heartbeat in the "real world" and somethjng I always wondered about in comics

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So I read a few pages of an issue of Alias today.
I also read an issue of Batmanga yesterday.

I've just been blowing through comics this weekend. Unstoppable.

I also finished rereading High Fidelity by Nick Hornby though. That was really good. I enjoyed it more the second time than I did the first time, I think. Not because it was one of those books that you don't "get" until you re-read it - it's a very straightforward book. I guess I was just more in the mood for it the second time around.

Really liked New Avengers: Illuminati. Very foreboding, and it made me want to read the Hulk stuff when they shoot him to space (since its recapped here). But for now, it's time for Civil War #1

I really like the idea if CW btw, it's something that would happen in a heartbeat in the "real world" and somethjng I always wondered about in comics

Don't read Civil War.

If you insist on reading Civil War, read Mightygodking's version.

You're better off reading Planet Hulk, tho.

Rhaknar

Don't read Civil War.

No

Anyway, lol at this Hill and Cap conversation:

"So any problems?"
"Probably some street level heroes like Daredevil or Luke Cage"
"Nothing you can't handle then"
"...whut?"

Bitch Im Captain America not your flunkie

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I am finally reading through Morrison's Batman run and am going through Batman Incorporated right now. What the hell at the art in the Internet 3.0 issue? Did they just not have time to find anybody to do art, so they put a filter over some shitty CGI models?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I am finally reading through Morrison's Batman run and am going through Batman Incorporated right now. What the hell at the art in the Internet 3.0 issue? Did they just not have time to find anybody to do art, so they put a filter over some shitty CGI models?

Lol yes. That issue is the most terrible thing ever. And I have it in Absolute format for maximum viewing pleasure.

But yeah, absolutely no idea what happened there. I think it's one of those things where it all seemed like a good idea in their heads (what with the issue being about virtual reality and all that) and then... that happened.

Cade

Uh, Internet 3.0 issue's art is basically the peak of comics art. Nothing will ever surpass its greatness

Messi

Kind of like the art in The Clown at Midnight?

Batman663_1.jpg

That was awful

Squire

Banned
All-New X-Men is great. Really great. The art is fantastic, and the writing and pacing are great, too.

I think this is mainly what I'll be reading for the next couple of weeks and then, once I'm caught up, as it releases until it finishes.

I'll read Uncanny X-Men, too. Those guys are badass. Especially Magik:

Rhaknar

Especially Magik:

Was expecting some lewd pic of Magik after the :
because she's always lewd these days :3

She Hulk CW tie-in was pretty shit but I liked this Wolverine one where he wants to track down Nitro. Also I liked the art by everyone's favorite punching bag Humberto Ramos

Always loved the look of Dr. Doom.

CAv8I0wUsAEZpsS.jpg

What's his best story?

Depends.

Books of Doom for the Origin Story.

Triumph and Torment for the kinda man Victor is.

What If? Secret Wars for why Victor da bess ultimate gary stu.

Future Foundation for a more modern take.

If Hickman doesn't drop the ball we might have a new contender very soon tho

I'd say start with What If? Secret Wars. It's so ridiculously over the top that i couldn't help but love it.

Depends.

Books of Doom for the Origin Story.

Triumph and Torment for the kinda man Victor is.

What If? Secret Wars for why Victor da bess ultimate gary stu.

Future Foundation for a more modern take.

If Hickman doesn't drop the ball we might have a new contender very soon tho

I'd say start with What If? Secret Wars. It's so ridiculously over the top that i couldn't help but love it.

Ordered Triumph and Torment. Thanks.

Rhaknar

So Mary Jane is around during Civil War, I guess One More Day is more "recent" than I thought

Top Bottom