• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
T'challa: how's Johnny recovering from the attack?
Reed: I haven't checked in 2 days but sue is with him so I'm sure she would say if something was wrong

Aka

Reed: who?

Or

Reed: lol like I give 2 fucks about human torch, I'm a genius

God I hate Reed

Sandfox

So some people are speculating that based on what Remner said about his post-Secret Wars work he is taking over the X-books. Now CBR x-books forum would probably implode because they hate his guts.
How would people around here feel about that? I liked his Uncanny X-Force run and Uncanny Avengers #5-22 but the rest of UA (and Axis) was just not good and I thought his Captain America was also kind of meh.
Remender acts like he hates Cyclops so I'm iffy on that.

Pre-orders seem closed at most of the Japanese shops, but don't worry, there will be plenty to go around when she actually releases. Kotobukiya always makes tons of these things. We'll be swimming in a sea of green bing-bongs. Plus she'll get an official US release as well.
Oh im cool til the us release then

My special edition will be at my house when I go on lunch from work tomorrow :)

I'm going in almost completely blind. That's unheard of for 2015.

Yeah, I haven't been paying as much attention to it as I would have a few years ago, but I'm more excited to play this than I've been for a game since Inquisition.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Civil War is making me like Cap so there's that at least. Also, dat Thor entrance in Civil War #3

Oh im cool til the us release then

US release should be May. I'm not saying you won't be able to get one next month, though. Most shops close orders at some point then wait until release when all of the pre-orders are accounted for before they take anymore orders. Kotobukiya does massive production runs, so there won't be a shortage or anything.

Messi

I finished playing Tales of the Borderlands Ep 1. Fuck. That was awesome. Fionas character design is amazing. Love all the voice acting and I thought it looked great on x1. Them again I love telltale stuff so it's not surprising.

How are the Borderlands comics? It's nice having story in Borderlands.

I finished playing Tales of the Borderlands Ep 1. Fuck. That was awesome. Fionas character design is amazing. Love all the voice acting and I thought it looked great on x1. Them again I love telltale stuff so it's not surprising.

That good, eh? I'll try to grab it in the Steam Summer Sale.

Rhaknar

Man this cable & deadpool tie in was awesome, how does that series hold up anyway? The good side of deadpool stuff?

Yeah, I played Episode 2 over the weekend. This may be my favorite TellTale game so far. Yes, moreso than TWD.

T'challa: how's Johnny recovering from the attack?
Reed: I haven't checked in 2 days but sue is with him so I'm sure she would say if something was wrong

Aka

Reed: who?

Or

Reed: lol like I give 2 fucks about human torch, I'm a genius

God I hate Reed

As downright puerile as mightygodking often is, there's a reason why i so often pimp his CW.

cwp_03_02.jpg

Dude sure nailed Reed.

Whats so funny? I never particulary cared for Cap :/
Ain't about Cap.

J10

Banned
Cable & Deadpool was like when the WWF didn't know what to do with Owen Hart and Yokozuna so they made them a tag team and somehow they were awesome together.

Messi

I am quite sad that this current Gillen Angela series is gong to go away due to Secret Wars. The book had found its feet and was just getting better and better. Sure I will give the new book a shot (I am quite excited) but I wish this one could stay. The art is stunning. Especially the covers.

I am quite sad that this current Gillen Angela series is gong to go away due to Secret Wars. The book had found its feet and was just getting better and better. Sure I will give the new book a shot (I am quite excited) but I wish this one could stay. The art is stunning. Especially the covers.

1602 Witch Hunter Angela sounds amazeballs.

Rhaknar

Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1:

- first of all, this art by Stefano Caselli is awesome. Was he perhaps the artist for either of those books?
- so that's where the robot guy from Avengers A.I. comes from
- there seems to be a dinosaur on the runaways o_O
- this made me read both runaways and young avengers
- again, that art, I love me some Joe Mad style artists

Wow, already? Sweet. I had assumed I would have to wait at least a couple years to read Multiversity.
Yeah I'm impressed it's coming out so quickly. You'll really dig Pax Americana for sure.
Hopefully the review thread won't kill GAF in 15 minutes. Patrick Klepek is streaming it starting at 10 too but think I want to go in fresh.

Kinda wishing I pre-ordered it digitally so I could play tonight... I'll live getting it tomorrow. I took the day off to play it

Rhaknar

Guys, do not forget that Rhaknar was and always will be an X-Fan first and a Marvel fan fourth.

Correct on the X part, but whats 2 and 3 then? o_O

Edit: oh shit I forgot Monday was MU update day. The civil war hype is real
:3

Ultima_5

question. my gf wants to read fables. is it on going? I ask because she doesn't get into older comics that much and it seems like it's been going on for a decade or so.

question. my gf wants to read fables. is it on going? I ask because she doesn't get into older comics that much and it seems like it's been going on for a decade or so.

It's still going until issue #150, which is so big that it makes up Vol.22 of the collected editions all by itself.

So some people are speculating that based on what Remner said about his post-Secret Wars work he is taking over the X-books. Now CBR x-books forum would probably implode because they hate his guts.
How would people around here feel about that? I liked his Uncanny X-Force run and Uncanny Avengers #5-22 but the rest of UA (and Axis) was just not good and I thought his Captain America was also kind of meh.

I'm just glad we're not losing him post-SW. I thought marvel was going to be a desolate, B-Tier universe.

Vyer

I haven't had much of an opinion about Millar, but after the convo in here I went and bought Starlite.

I mean...it was decent, but felt overall like there wasn't a lot of depth to it. I guess it was a little *too* Flash Gordon for me.

It definitely seems tailor made for a movie studio to buy though.

Was trying to track down an image of Old Man Nesbitt screaming his "shower of cunts" catchphrase on google images, and that went about as well as expected.

now bing it

Top Bottom