• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Ooooh me want that all new avengers.

I'm fine with kamala being in more books. Wonder who will write it....hmmm
Wilson? She's marvel exclusive and she's writing A force during Secret Wars

kOdiXmV.jpg

That's totally going to be Miles in the front. Falcon Cap obviously. Iron Man. Nova maybe?

What if instead of Iron Man, it's actually Rescue. :O

Busaiku

Why did it take Peter forever to become a full fledged Avenger, when it seems like they hand out memberships like candy to everyone else.

Owzers

Miles, Thor, squirrel girl, Howard the duck, Kate, falcon cap, kamala, buy this book.

Edit: how did I forget spider Gwen? Leaving money on the table there. Maybe Harley Quinn too somehow...

E the Shaggy

Why did it take Peter forever to become a full fledged Avenger, when it seems like they hand out memberships like candy to everyone else.

They didn't used to. They were always SUPER selective about adding new members until recently. Hell, there were numerous times when they tried recruiting Peter but things just didn't work out.

Really early in Avengers lore, they went to Spidey directly and said, "We want you on the team, but you have to pass a test first. Your test? Capture the fucking Hulk."

It was insane. They didn't ask anybody else to do that shit.

Avenger status isn't exactly special, in the Marvel Universe. It's easier to name the characters who aren't Avengers, than those who are. Point to a random bystander in a Marvel book and you've got good odds that they've been an Avenger at some point.

It may be too soon for Kamala, but Miles hasn't met any of these people, has he? (I don't think he has)

Alot of the Secret Wars / Battleworld stuff doesn't stand up under any real scrutiny. All female Avengers team because not a single male Avenger wanted to help save the world? Check. Just hand wave it away and accept it.

ReAxion

Alot of the Secret Wars / Battleworld stuff doesn't stand up under any real scrutiny. All female Avengers team because not a single male Avenger wanted to help save the world? Check. Just hand wave it away and accept it.

Well you could hand wave it in the way that everyone else has their own battleworld problems and happenstance is what it is.

uh, no?

there's a no boys allowed zone of battleworld. that's where they're from.

i think it's fantastic that these progressive ideas are making it out to the other side of SW. they could have easily kicked ms. m, thor, and cap back to their original status quo (that's clearly Sam on the cover), but they didn't.

go marvel.

mreddie

kOdiXmV.jpg

That's totally going to be Miles in the front. Falcon Cap obviously. Iron Man. Nova maybe?

This likely is a one time thing before the Wars right?

Kamala in the Avengers already? It took 15 or so years for Spidey to be a official Avenger and yet nowadays, anyone can be one.

there's a no boys allowed zone of battleworld. that's where they're from.

Why would the Avengers stay in such a place instead of trying to fix the whole universe ending thing? The women of that team wouldn't have a problem with such clear cut misandry? Even Wonder Woman will tell her Amazons to stuff it over their bullshit if there is a need or reason for a man to step foot on Themyscira. Heck, the defense of Earth 2 fell back to Themyscira in Worlds End and Justice League Universe had the heroes of Earth making a stand against Brainiac there.

Owzers

Why would the Avengers stay in such a place instead of trying to fix the whole universe ending thing? The women of that team wouldn't have a problem with such clear cut misandry? Even Wonder Woman will tell her Amazons to stuff it over their bullshit if there is a need or reason for a man to step foot on Themyscira. Heck, the defense of Earth 2 fell back to Themyscira in Worlds End and Justice League Universe had the heroes of Earth making a stand against Brainiac there.

You would ruin Messi paradise?

Mudcrab

There is no fixing the whole universe ending thing. Our heroes can't win, Battleworld is about figuring out how not to lose.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The missing characters are:

Nova
Iron Man
Falcon Cap
Dr. Strange
A Spider-Man (since we get a Peter Parker movie.... It will be Peter.)

Messi

Or you know we could wait for the first issue before judging it?

J10

Banned
Got around to reading Soule's Jennifer Walters.

shulkie2.png

This thing reminds me too much of work.

I like the current She-Hulk series a lot, but the Blue Folder story was a let down for as mysterious as it was. Cap and She-Hulk in court vs. Daredevil was really good though.

Or you know we could wait for the first issue before judging it?

You judge whether or not you want to go to a movie based on word of mouth, trailers, other such information before you watch it. You don't say, hey, I'm going to watch every movie and then decide if it was worth my time. I'm sorry, I see weird concepts, that just seem out of place like the Runways / prestigious school (how has it existed long enough to become prestigious exactly???) from a few days ago and I'm going to ask questions like; Why. I'm going to do the same if you're telling me that, oh, Batman is a Bunny Robot. A lot of this Secret Wars stuff just seems bizarre, hand wave, don't ask questions nonsense.

The missing characters are:

Nova
Iron Man
Falcon Cap
Dr. Strange
A Spider-Man (since we get a Peter Parker movie.... It will be Peter.)

Where do you see Dr. Strange? Bro can't fly.

You judge whether or not you want to go to a movie based on word of mouth, trailers, other such information before you watch it. You don't say, hey, I'm going to watch every movie and then decide if it was worth my time. I'm sorry, I see weird concepts, that just seem out of place like the Runways / prestigious school (how has it existed long enough to become prestigious exactly???) from a few days ago and I'm going to ask questions like; Why. I'm going to do the same if you're telling me that, oh, Batman is a Bunny Robot. A lot of this Secret Wars stuff just seems bizarre, hand wave, don't ask questions nonsense.

Or stuff that can't be explained in a solicit or an interview. Stuff that will be explained in like Secret Wars maybe? If the STORY was hand wave, don't ask questions nonsense, that would be problematic. But a solicit or interview doesn't have a responsibility to explain the how's and why's of a story. It's wrong to expect them to. That's how we get spoilers for stories three months away. Is that what you want? Truly?

If the STORY was hand wave, don't ask questions nonsense, that would be problematic. But a solicit or interview doesn't have a responsibility to explain the how's and why's of a story. It's wrong to expect them to. That's how we get spoilers for stories three months away. Is that what you want? Truly?

I do frequent sites like Bleeding Cool and read USA Today articles without reservation.

J10

Banned
I think the flier on the left next to Falcon could be Iron Lad. Looks like Nova on the right and Miles in front. Flier on the right looks like they have a cape. Helluva team.

Left to Falcon Cap.
I am pretty sure i saw him levitate a couple of times before in his real for,. But now I am not sure anymore :D

Left of Cap is Nova. Right of Miles(?) is Iron Man. Above Iron Man is a big mystery I think. It doesn't have the cloak points that Doc has. But it's almost like the head isn't silhouetted, that there's just a weird black shape drawn out in Adobe Illustrator to cover the head. But you can see on the shoulder that the cape is likely one of those old Superman or Hyperion styles.

Could be Hyperion?

Or…Sentry?

0_0

J10

Banned
I'm one of the rare people who actually likes Sentry, but putting him on teams makes no sense to me. Put him out in space by himself like the Surfer or something.

frye

Left of Cap is Nova. Right of Miles(?) is Iron Man. Above Iron Man is a big mystery I think. It doesn't have the cloak points that Doc has. But it's almost like the head isn't silhouetted, that there's just a weird black shape drawn out in Adobe Illustrator to cover the head. But you can see on the shoulder that the cape is likely one of those old Superman or Hyperion styles.

Could be Hyperion?

Or…Sentry?

0_0

Could be old skool Vision too.

(does new skool viz have a cape? it's been so long since UA (2015) 2 that i literally don't remember)

ElNarez

Banned
Can I say it's strange how you see an all-woman superhero team as as much of a preposterous idea as Batman being a bunny robot?

A man with a metal face is fusing together bits and pieces of universes, timelines and continuities into a weapon to fight aliens trying to destroy reality.

And you get hung up on the fact women team up to help people.

What. The. Fuck.

ReAxion

Can I say it's strange how you see an all-woman superhero team as as much of a preposterous idea as Batman being a bunny robot?

A man with a metal face is fusing together bits and pieces of universes, timelines and continuities into a weapon to fight aliens trying to destroy reality.

What. The. Fuck.

lol

Mudcrab

I think they're all going to be young, new-ish heroes and Falcon Cap will be mentoring them maybe along with someone else to help. Not exactly the Young Avengers and probably not the main Avengers squad either.

ElNarez

Banned
Mainstream American cape comics have had concepts that were "weird" or "out of place" ever since they featured SOME GUY WHO COULD LEAP TALL BUILDINGS IN A SINGLE BOUND.

What. The. Fuck.

Yes. That's exactly it. It wasn't me asking why literally every hero wouldn't team up to stop this universe ending threat. It's Crisis on Infinite Earths but we're taking applications on who gets to help stop the Anti Monitor.

Going to turn this around on you tho:

And people are focusing on sending their kids to a prestigious school because that's important. Education even in the face of armageddon.

Low Vol.1 comes out tomorrow. Here are 5 reasons why you should buy it:

1. Rick Remender

He writes cool stuff. You may have read his cool stuff. You may have liked his cool stuff. They are cool and when you read them you feel cool. Deadly Class? Cool. Black Science? Cool. Low? Equally cool.

2. Greg Tocchini

enhanced-3387-1418149601-29.jpg

That art bruh.

3. Story

It's like Bioshock meets Waterworld if Waterworld was good. I might be stretching with that Waterworld example but it's the first thing I thought of. It's set in the future where humans are living underwater because the surface is fucked from the sun and a mom trying to save her family from pirates.

4. Price

It's $10 and you get 6 issues which is one complete story arc. It's cheap yo!

5. Uhhhhh

If you check it out I will love you.

ElNarez

Banned

And people are focusing on sending their kids to a prestigious school because that's important. Education even in the face of armageddon.

wait so reality is on the verge of being hella fucked and you think letting folks be taken over by panic is the sensible idea?

makes about as much sense as some kind of thing that doesn't make sense at all

ReAxion

Yes. That's exactly it. It wasn't me asking why literally every hero wouldn't team up to stop this universe ending threat. It's Crisis on Infinite Earths but we're taking applications on who gets to help stop the Anti Monitor.

That didn't turn it around at all. Breathe normally and don't read the books like you intended.

Didn't Sunspot just send a team of heavy hitters to stop the Beyonders? And the heroes ares destined to fail if you have read Time Runs Out since the power level of Beyonders was shown.

Also why shouldn't people continue living a normal life in a disaster? Isn't that what they are supposed to?

Top Bottom