• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

fauxtrot

Banned
As longer I am thinking about this, as more come I to the conclusion that this is true.
Its gonna be a all female Avengers Ongoing.

Nah, Captain America is obviously there... and they wouldn't be stupid enough to follow up A-Force with that would essentially be Marvel's version of Charlies Angels.

edit - I will now forever wonder what purpose this image served:

avengers-now-poster.jpg

Nah, Captain America is obviously there... and they wouldn't be stupid enough to follow up A-Force with that would essentially be Marvel's version of Charlies Angels.

edit - I will now forever wonder what purpose this image served:

avengers-now-poster.jpg

"This is the next wave of Marvel Now books/focuses."

Squire

Banned
So some people are speculating that based on what Remner said about his post-Secret Wars work he is taking over the X-books. Now CBR x-books forum would probably implode because they hate his guts.
How would people around here feel about that? I liked his Uncanny X-Force run and Uncanny Avengers #5-22 but the rest of UA (and Axis) was just not good and I thought his Captain America was also kind of meh.

I'm catching up on Bendis' X-Men stuff right now and I love it, especially ANX.

I was just thinking of checking out Remender's Uncanny X-Force last night, so now I have that much more reason to.

I'm catching up on Bendis' X-Men stuff right now and I love it, especially ANX.

I was just thinking of checking out Remender's Uncanny X-Force last night, so now I have that much more reason to.

Remender's Uncanny X-Force is awesome. It also continues into Uncanny Avengers if you want more.

I've been waiting for some of these books.

Gonna pick up Low, Big Hard Sex Criminals and Criminal vol 3, zero vol 3...maybe something elsw. I have vol 1,2,4,5 of criminal from Icon so I hope the spine hasn't changed much. Itll bug me too much If it's different. My books have to look uniform on my shelf yo

Also: when does the Batman Mad Love collection come out? I thought it was coming out this week

The more I think about it, the more perfect Whedon is for this Avengers book. I can hear the interview now: "I knew I could never be done with the Avengers, but I told the story I wanted to with the core team. But I'd done my X-Men story. What about the Avengers? With all these incredible new iterations of classic heroes, I knew it was the perfect way for me to tell an Avengers story in a different way, but still have it be a story I wanted to tell."

Messi

I've been waiting for some of these books.

Gonna pick up Low, Big Hard Sex Criminals and Criminal vol 3, zero vol 3...maybe something elsw. I have vol 1,2,4,5 of criminal from Icon so I hope the spine hasn't changed much. Itll bug me too much If it's different. My books have to look uniform on my shelf yo

Also: when does the Batman Mad Love collection come out? I thought it was coming out this week

15th of April

Have you tried Sunstone? It's pretty cheap on IST if that is where you are ordering from.

The more I think about it, the more perfect Whedon is for this Avengers book. I can hear the interview now: "I knew I could never be done with the Avengers, but I told the story I wanted to with the core team. But I'd done my X-Men story. What about the Avengers? With all these incredible new iterations of classic heroes, I knew it was the perfect way for me to tell an Avengers story in a different way, but still have it be a story I wanted to tell."

I'm going to be so disappointed when this isn't it now. BIRDIEEEEEEEE!

"You can't take these guys from me"

11/10

Luke Cage's grandkid as Judge Dredd? I'm so in.

This is the coolest thing about these Secret Wars tie-ins. Creators can just do whatever.

You should really read Parker's Thunderbolts. It's got a ton of Kev Walker art, a ton of misfits fighting giant monsters, a ton of dimension hopping, time traveling, all kinds of stuff. Most of it is not on CMX (FIX THAT, ISAK) but find it if/where you can. It's gloriously fun comics.

But don't take my word for it.

David Brothers:
http://comicsalliance.com/thunderbolts-comic-jeff-parker/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Marvel Heroes 2015 ‏@MMMSociety 11m11 minutes ago
Hey, Cable fans! Be sure you're following Marvel's @AgentM. He's got something cool to reveal to you in the next hour or so...

Comic related or game related? AgentM usually teases overall Marvel stuff, so its probably not about the game

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Marvel Heroes 2015 ‏@MMMSociety 11m11 minutes ago
Hey, Cable fans! Be sure you're following Marvel's @AgentM. He's got something cool to reveal to you in the next hour or so...

Comic related or game related? AgentM usually teases overall Marvel stuff, so its probably not about the game
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3!

FoneBone

When most of Activision's Marvel games (and MvC3) were removed from sale at the end of 2013, I had thought that that was in preparation for Disney signing an all-encompassing licensing deal with another publisher, like they did with EA and Star Wars. Still nothing, over a year later. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cable thing was Marvel Heroes related, carry on

(just a sale on Cable and his costumes)

Part of this mini-series is payoff for a sequence in Iron Man: Fatal Frontier that has this panel.
God damn Al Ewing, you rule.

Started reading that today due to Ewing based goodness.

Want to strangle the writer every time Tony sez that the energy requirements to go from Earth to the Moon are the same as from the Moon back to Earth.

I think I'm going to check out Low after all the positive talk I heard from you guys earlier. I'm also tempted to get back on Black Science. How has it been since, say, issue 8 or 9?

Top Bottom