• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

NexusCell

Yes. That's exactly it. It wasn't me asking why literally every hero wouldn't team up to stop this universe ending threat. It's Crisis on Infinite Earths but we're taking applications on who gets to help stop the Anti Monitor.

Going to turn this around on you tho:

A man with a metal face is fusing together bits and pieces of universes, timelines and continuities into a weapon to fight aliens trying to destroy reality.

And people are focusing on sending their kids to a prestigious school because that's important. Education even in the face of armageddon.

I though it's implied that Battleworld has probably existed for years, considering they seem to have some infrastructure sorted out.

Messi

Low Vol.1 comes out tomorrow. Here are 5 reasons why you should buy it:

1. Rick Remender

He writes cool stuff. You may have read his cool stuff. You may have liked his cool stuff. They are cool and when you read them you feel cool. Deadly Class? Cool. Black Science? Cool. Low? Equally cool.

2. Greg Tocchini

enhanced-3387-1418149601-29.jpg

That art bruh.

3. Story

It's like Bioshock meets Waterworld if Waterworld was good. I might be stretching with that Waterworld example but it's the first thing I thought of. It's set in the future where humans are living underwater because the surface is fucked from the sun and a mom trying to save her family from pirates.

4. Price

It's $10 and you get 6 issues which is one complete story arc. It's cheap yo!

5. Uhhhhh

If you check it out I will love you.

Will do. Excited.

I have two different classes right now for which I have stuff to do, I was planning on doing said stuff right now, but essential readings for that stuff to do has not been put online by my lecturers. What are the odds. I understand you're busy and all, lecturers, but I would've guessed you would have put these up last night.

Whatever, more time for GAF.

---

I've been reading Daredevil: Born Again on MU, and this is a pretty awesome storyline. Pretty wordy, but that's par for the course for both comics of the era and Frank Miller comics in particular, no?

Mudcrab

This looks incredible. That creative team, and a story set in a Marvel-ised Mega-City One?

BOUGHT!

Luke Cage's grandkid as Judge Dredd? I'm so in.

Well, I'm fairly out of the way of things, so I've pretty much got total freedom as far as I'm aware, which is the way I like it. I don't think there's anything in my pitch that contradicts anyone else's, so I can just go off and have fun and produce a really fun, warm, beautiful book that hopefully Mighty Avengers fans - as well as fans of everyone else involved - will love.

This is the coolest thing about these Secret Wars tie-ins. Creators can just do whatever.

Zombine

Banned
Low Vol.1 comes out tomorrow. Here are 5 reasons why you should buy it:

1. Rick Remender

He writes cool stuff. You may have read his cool stuff. You may have liked his cool stuff. They are cool and when you read them you feel cool. Deadly Class? Cool. Black Science? Cool. Low? Equally cool.

2. Greg Tocchini

enhanced-3387-1418149601-29.jpg

That art bruh.

3. Story

It's like Bioshock meets Waterworld if Waterworld was good. I might be stretching with that Waterworld example but it's the first thing I thought of. It's set in the future where humans are living underwater because the surface is fucked from the sun and a mom trying to save her family from pirates.

4. Price

It's $10 and you get 6 issues which is one complete story arc. It's cheap yo!

5. Uhhhhh

If you check it out I will love you.

I've been pushing Low since day 1. Do you love me the most?

ElNarez

Banned
Part of this mini-series is payoff for a sequence in Iron Man: Fatal Frontier that has this panel.

bzAQXJe.png

God damn Al Ewing, you rule.

Can I say it's strange how you see an all-woman superhero team as as much of a preposterous idea as Batman being a bunny robot?

A man with a metal face is fusing together bits and pieces of universes, timelines and continuities into a weapon to fight aliens trying to destroy reality.

And you get hung up on the fact women team up to help people.

What. The. Fuck.

much better said than ol me

Drayco21

kOdiXmV.jpg

That's totally going to be Miles in the front. Falcon Cap obviously. Iron Man. Nova maybe?

Gross, I think Kamala's book is alright, but it bothers me when teen characters get thrown into the big leagues, especially this fast. I don't like the idea of her being an Avenger.

Similarly, looks like Sam. I guess he was made an honorary Avenger during Axis, but still, don't like seeing him here for similar reasons.

Fuck Miles, he's terrible. Maybe a writer other than Bendis can do something with him.

I do like Lady Thor and Uncle Sam, though. We'll see what that Iron Man and unidentified other is; I kinda hope it's Rescue here to stay again.

Mudcrab

Gross, I think Kamala's book is alright, but it bothers me when teen characters get thrown into the big leagues, especially this fast. I don't like the idea of her being an Avenger.

Similarly, looks like Sam. I guess he was made an honorary Avenger during Axis, but still, don't like seeing him here for similar reasons.

Fuck Miles, he's terrible. Maybe a writer other than Bendis can do something with him.

I do like Lady Thor and Uncle Sam, though. We'll see what that Iron Man and unidentified other is; I kinda hope it's Rescue here to stay again.

This is why I think it's some kind of training squad. Not just for the teens but new comers to the game like new Thor and possibly Rescue.

fauxtrot

Banned
I love Kamala, but I don't love the fact that she's getting pulled in a bunch of different directions editorially and will likely be split between multiple different writers when G Willow Wilson has hardly had a dozen issues to solidify her personality/voice. Miles Morales has at least had a pretty decent amount of time "in the oven" through his solo series.

fauxtrot

Banned
Are we even sure that this will be the main Avengers book when it launches? I could see All New, All Different being a side-series kind of like Uncanny Avengers / etc.

MG310

I love Kamala, but I don't love the fact that she's getting pulled in a bunch of different directions editorially and will likely be split between multiple different writers when G Willow Wilson has hardly had a dozen issues to solidify her personality/voice. Miles Morales has at least had a pretty decent amount of time "in the oven" through his solo series.

At this point I'm worried someone else is going to end up writing the first meeting of Carol and Kamala because crossovers.

J10

Banned

I'm inclined to agree with this.

At this point I'm worried someone else is going to end up writing the first meeting of Carol and Kamala because crossovers.

Who should it be? DeConnick or Wilson?

MG310

I'm inclined to agree with this.

Who should it be? DeConnick or Wilson?

I'd prefer Wilson. Got worried it would end up being Bendis and just kinda shoehorned into that Guardians of the Galaxy Team-Up book since they were both on the cover.

And people are focusing on sending their kids to a prestigious school because that's important. Education even in the face of armageddon.

At which point one reminds the other that, as far as the average mahvel joe is concerned, Namor and Friends got that incursion shit on lockdown, and Steve Rogers is nothing more than a cray old man that went to town on Philosophical Terrax with a walking cane.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are we even sure that this will be the main Avengers book when it launches? I could see All New, All Different being a side-series kind of like Uncanny Avengers / etc.
As longer I am thinking about this, as more come I to the conclusion that this is true.
Its gonna be a all female Avengers Ongoing.

Top Bottom