• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Vibranium

Banned
Nah, Captain America is obviously there... and they wouldn't be stupid enough to follow up A-Force with that would essentially be Marvel's version of Charlies Angels.

edit - I will now forever wonder what purpose this image served:

avengers-now-poster.jpg

Poor Bucky, "featured", yet cast off into space with Foss' muddy art for half of the book. Seriously, that Foss guy really should not be drawing something like Winter Soldier, why the heck can't Rudy do all of the pages of the book again? Is he having Aja delay issues?

I will never understand why Marvel did not capitalize right off of the movie and have someone like Rucka or Edmondson write a traditional espionage-based WS, they could have actually gotten some movie viewers to read it, WS is a cool looking character and can attract action fans. I like the current direction for what it is but Kot is not going to last much longer. I really miss tactical street level action, compared to alien societies and time travel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Who are all these c-listers in the various civil war books? I feel like half of them were made up for this

Also I hate the term cape-killers or whatever they call the shield guys, this isn't DC, marvel isn't exactly known for their capes

Also where the fuck is Sentry, I thought he was around during this

Oh and also, how in the blue hell was there not Avengers tie-ins? It's a story about I'M vs Cap o_O There's New Avengers tie-ins but no regular ass Avengers...was there no Avengers book back then or something?

J10

Banned
Correct. There were no Avengers books aside from New Avengers happening during Civil War. That was after Disassembled where they had broken up.

Don't kill me, but I don't like Spider-Gwen. I like the costume design and the funky color scheme of the book, but story wise the first two issues didn't grab me. I don't get the fuss.

Bloodember

Correct. There were no Avengers books aside from New Avengers happening during Civil War. That was after Disassembled where they had broken up.

Don't kill me, but I don't like Spider-Gwen. I like the costume design and the funky color scheme of the book, but story wise the first two issues didn't grab me. I don't get the fuss.
You're not the only one, I didn't care for Spider-Gwen either, read the first two issues can't get into it. Silk on the other hand, I do like that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh and also, how in the blue hell was there not Avengers tie-ins? It's a story about I'M vs Cap o_O There's New Avengers tie-ins but no regular ass Avengers...was there no Avengers book back then or something?

The "real" Avengers were dissassembled through Scarlet Witchs mental problems until after Siege.

Drayco21

They won't give Anya an ongoing though. -_-

I know right? Fucking Silk gets an ongoing, but Anya doesn't, Kaine's books get canceled, Agent Venom gets exiled into Bendis-Space, Mania has been forgotten about and Slott's mainline book has been terrible.

Spider-Family books were so great not that long ago, and then suddenly everything went as bad as it possibly could. At least we still get 2099.

Sandfox

They won't give Anya an ongoing though. -_-

I know right? Fucking Silk gets an ongoing, but Anya doesn't, Kaine's books get canceled, Agent Venom gets exiled into Bendis-Space, Mania has been forgotten about and Slott's mainline book has been terrible.

Spider-Family books were so great not that long ago, and then suddenly everything went as bad as it possibly could. At least we still get 2099.

They tried giving all of those characters books and people clearly didn't want them lol.

Drayco21

To bad it will be cancled and replaced with a generic 2099 book when #EverythingDies.

I'm going to be really sad if we don't get Miguel's return to the present and getting into shenanigans with his present day supporting cast some more when Secret Wars is over.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Only a real dirtbag would ever want a Kaine book tho

Sandfox

So I'm guessing today's Avenger reveals will be Captain Falcon and Superior Iron Man to go with our House of M book by Bendis.

Todays reason for Messi to read the Legion: Saturn Queen. With the power of telepathy and super hypnotism. She has quite possibly the best reason for becoming a super villain.

Fun fact: During the Absolute Power arc, the Legion of Super Villains altered history such that they raised Batman and Superman and Saturn Queen became their "Mother".

Ended up going to see Sleater Kinney in Manchester last night which means a trip to Travelling Man/Forbidden Planet to try and find some comic related gems today!

Top Bottom