• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

J10

Banned
MJ's boobs are as big as her head who the fuck fights in their let's be generous and call it nightwear what the fuck is happening Ramos. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Yeah, I love big titties, too. The cover of ASM #671 during Spider-Island also had MJ in her underwear, but she was fully clothed inside the book.

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_671.jpg

Yeah, I love big titties, too. The cover of ASM #671 during Spider-Island also had MJ in her underwear, but she was fully clothed inside the book.

Ha ha. He said "titties" when he was talking about her Bing-bongs.

ASM had some sexy covers around the issue 600 mark.

frye

Guidebook>Pax Americana>Society of Super-Heroes>Ultra Comics>Thunderworld>The Just>Multiversity #1>Mastermen

come at me bros

Guidebook>Pax Americana>Society of Super-Heroes>Ultra Comics>Thunderworld>The Just>Multiversity #1>Mastermen

come at me bros

I've got:

Thunder
Pax
Ultra
Guidebook
SoS
Multiversity #1
Mastermen
Just

That might change when I re-read it as a whole.

(I'm a huge classic Captain Marvel fan, so I'm biased. Morrison of all creators got the essence of Captain Marvel. Made Johns' version look generic and tacky)

frye

Seems legit TBH. I think most people would swap Thunderworld with Society, not me though.

I was really excited for Morrison and Stewart doing a totally straight-faced Captain Marvel comic and then I read it and was like "wow this sure was a straight-faced Captain Marvel all right" and nothing much more than that

I'd put Mastermen at the bottom rather than The Just. First time read for both was disappointing but a second read of The Just is better than the first.

frye

I've got:

Thunder
Pax
Ultra
Guidebook
SoS
Multiversity #1
Mastermen
Just

That might change when I re-read it as a whole.

(I'm a huge classic Captain Marvel fan, so I'm biased. Morrison of all creators got the essence of Captain Marvel. Made Johns' version look generic and tacky)

My ranking is just first impressions as well but I think me rereading this as a whole is gonna depend a lot on if he sticks the landing. Though in all honesty, I don't expect Multiversity #2 is gonna be that satisfying narratively.

Dead

well not really...yet
I am going to collect All New in OHCs. The second book is already preordered.
Already bought the first volume. DAT Immonen art in oversize. Yum.

Found a brand new comics shop that just opened near my home, went in and got a copy of Jem, had to pay for the variant tho.

My ranking is just first impressions as well but I think me rereading this as a whole is gonna depend a lot on if he sticks the landing. Though in all honesty, I don't expect Multiversity #2 is gonna be that satisfying narratively.

The way I figure it, if Morrison could make Seven Soldiers work, he can land Multiversity.

Furyous

Futures End 47

What in thee fuck is this shit? DC wasted my time something fierce. It's not even over yet and I'm pissed off.

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT:

Tim Drake convinces Brother Eye to stop the bad future by telling him the Earth 2 refugees will bring a Parademon invasion to Earth.

Obvious pothole: Why would Brother Eye believe Tim because Tim planted explosives? This technically doesn't stop Future's End because Brother Eye is still there and has the database of alien DNA.

Obvious pothole: There's an entire city of people living underground in upstate New York that Brother Eye apparently never found.

Obvious pothole: Grifter, Lana, and their adopted daughter have Brother Eye's DNA database.

Obvious plothole: If Future's End accounted for Tim Drake's disappearance then that means Future's End still takes place no matter the outcome of the series.

Writers missed some rather obvious discrepancies in this series. Feel free to add on obvious plotholes.

Only a real dirtbag would ever want a Kaine book tho

Kaine is Spider-Man for grownups that watch M rated movies. Scarlet Spider is Spider-Man without the moral fuckery. Scarlet Spider is the comic equivalent of the Man of Steel movie in the sense that it's the ideal version of the character, in my opinion. How's that for hate?

Secret Wars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Wars_(2015_comic_book)

1. Greenland – Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk
2. Dystopia – Incredible Hulk: Future Imperfect
3. Domain of Apocalypse – X-Men: Age of Apocalypse
4. Egyptia – New Warriors: Forever Yesterday
5. Technopolis – Iron Man: Armor Wars
6. *Currently Classified
7. Spider-Island – The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider Island
8. The Regency – Amazing Spider-Man One More Day (with elements from both the Spider-Girl series and the The Amazing Spider-Man: The Wedding! storyline)
9. King James’ England – Marvel 1602
10. Weirdworld – Weirdworld
11. K'un-L'un – Master of Kung Fu (Map shows Iron Fist also)
12. Utopolis – Squadron Sinister (based on the Squadron Supreme that was first featured in The Avengers Volume One #69-70)
13. New Mars – Killraven
14. *Currently Classified
15. Higher Avalon – Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders
16. Arachnia – The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Verse
17. Marville – Avengers vs. X-Men (namely the A-Babies vs. X-Babies one-shot)
18. The Eye of Agamotto – Doctor Strange
19. *Currently Classified
20. Manhattan
20A. Attilan – Inhumans: Attilan Rising
20B. Manhattan: Earth-616 Universe
20C. Manhattan: Ultimate Marvel Universe
20D. Manhattan: Monster Metropolis - Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commandos
21. The City – Avengers: The Korvac Saga
22. The Warzone – Civil War
23. New Quack City – Howard the Duck
24. The Far East – Where Monsters Dwell
25. Valley of Flame – Devil Dinosaur
26. The Hydra Empire – Hail Hydra
27. 2099 – Marvel 2099
28. Hala Field – Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps
29. The Monarchy of M – House of M
30. Sentinel Territories – X-Men: Days of Future Past
31. The Wastelands – Wolverine: Old Man Logan
32. Mutopia – Grant Morrison's New X-Men
33. Westchester – X-Men 92 (Based on the 1990s cartoon series)
34. Killville – M.O.D.O.K. Assassin
35. Arcadia – A-Force
36. Bar Sinister – X-Men: Mutant Massacre
37. Limbo – X-Men: Inferno
38. The Deadlands – Marvel Zombies
39. Perfection – Age of Ultron
40. New Xandar – The Infinity Gauntlet
41. The Wall – S.H.I.E.L.D.

Gotdammit Marvel save some of these special events for the fall.
Why are they retconning everything? Spider Island doesn't need a retcon. Spider Verse was great. Civil War doesn't need an alternate take. Leave One More Day alone. I'm about to go full nerd rage at Marvel. Disney is starting to look like Activision with some of their business decisions as far as mandating yearly special events, in my opinion.

Just finished infinity #6

that was kind of anticlimactic.

I dont have a huge historical past with the workings of thanos and his kind but...

Ms Marvel turns all binary (awesome) then gets smacked before she does anything, and then his son has a secret power that he can put thanos into some jello?

the black bolt "reveal" was interesting though

Furyous

Where do you got this information that Disney makes mandatory events?

I edited "in my opinion" into the original post. However, it does make sense for yearly events from a financial perspective. Disney requiring this is the only way yearly events make any sense, in my opinion.

PsychBat!

Banned
Having Abnett write the current Bendis team felt so weird. It was like a blast from the recent past. And when Rocket said that Major Victory was part of their team for a bit, I was just sad. Where did he go?

Mudcrab

I thought they were just revisiting things, not rewriting.

That's it what it seems like to me. It's just a playground for writers/artists to have some fun or explore new ideas. I don't think anyone at Marvel was like "We have to retcon Armor Wars I & II or else all our plans will fall apart."

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Probably the closest I'm ever going to get to Werewolf by Night #32/33:

Found these in an eBay lot in which the seller mistook them for 28 and 29 of the 1980 MK solo series. Incredibly lucky find (they're MK's first two solo books ever). As a Moon Knight fan, I'm super happy to have these. :D

I didn't know She-Hulk vol. 2 came out when I went to pick up Low. I now have both volumes to read and expect the lawyer stuff to be as realistic as Phoenix Wright.

Hulk vs Thanos# 4

Pure shit another writer who love ruining Hulk. Making him run like a bitch just to promote lame ass Pip. Hulk needs to go MIA for a while because nobody can write him. The animated series better than the trash comics. Hopefully Maestro arc be good.

There's a direct correlation between the number of pages Banner gets in a Hulk comic and how good that comic is.

Also Jim Starlin will always pimp cosmic crap over terran stuff.

That's it what it seems like to me. It's just a playground for writers/artists to have some fun or explore new ideas. I don't think anyone at Marvel was like "We have to retcon Armor Wars I & II or else all our plans will fall apart."

Yearp. No reason whatsoever to think that these events are from 616.

frye

I didn't know She-Hulk vol. 2 came out when I went to pick up Low. I now have both volumes to read and expect the lawyer stuff to be as realistic as Phoenix Wright.

I don't think any media could ever hope to be as realistic as Phoenix Wright but considering that Soule is a lawyer irl and one of the early stories deals with his speciality I think they do a pretty decent job.

ElNarez

Banned
Secret Avengers #14 is something special, god damn. Love and empathy saving the world from righteous nerds on a path of vengeance.

That one panel from Loki made gamergate mad but man, meanwhile Kot and Walsh are just blowing the charges they planted left and right all up in their entire fucking ideology.

It's great comics.

Top Bottom