• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

New Avengers brought the emotional impact (and with the characters involved, I'm REALLY surprised, besides Thor and Hyperion).

And Ultra Comics brought the crazy.

I actually found the end of Ultra to be deeply moving.

We're the ones powering Ultra Comics, all the stars, all the readers, losing contact with Ultra in the end.

E the Shaggy

All-New_All-Different_Avengers_Assemble_2.jpg

Nova and Vision confirmed for the team.

Vyer

New Avengers
the hammer was a nice touch. It's weird how we had several characters popping out of existence in this issue but only the last two had any kind of real impact for me

tim1138

Super bummed to see Jeff Parker and Paul Pelletier's Aquaman run end today. I wish those guys had been able to stay on that book for a super long run.

omgkitty

I just picked up the Big Book of Sex Criminals, and as a person who up until the last few months has mainly just relied on trades to read comics, I'm finding it strange to buy a book monthly now and then to also buy some trades when they come out. I mean I buy digitally for single issues, but it feels weird.

My friend sent me a text of a conversation from the latest UXM issue this week:
Emma: Maybe we should just start over.
Cyclops: How? I wouldn't even know where to begin.
Emma: I mean... everything.
Scott: You mean us. Emma, at this point I wouldn't touch you with Namor's trident.

mHM3DMk.gif

Well, if nothing else BendiX-men is good for intentional/unintentional laughs.

ElNarez

Banned
I wanna say I called this issue of UXM BEAT. FOR. GODDAMN. BEAT. It feels fucking great. Bendis is tearing down the last few years of X-Men comics and, it kinda works? I like it, fuck all of y'all.

ElNarez

Banned
Remember guys, don't read Ultra Comics if you want to save the world

Nah, it's fine. It's fiiiiiiiiine. It's just a book, there's no such thing as parasites using a direct gateway to your thoughts to reach into you and use you to multiply by telling people to read it. It's all made-up make believe stuff that you're not gonna think about and ponder the meaning of for the rest of your life. It's fine. Read on!

New Avengers
the hammer was a nice touch. It's weird how we had several characters popping out of existence in this issue but only the last two had any kind of real impact for me

Nah. Its impressive that things like that in a medium like this have any impact at all. Speaks volumes for the artists involved.

Drayco21

Gage getting a Spider book in Secret Wars? Fuck yeah, day one.

Just like every other tie-in.

This event is going to kill me.

Tangentially, those last couple pages of New Avengers were fantastic. If the culmination of some side plot threads felt like such a "fuck yeah, comic books" moment, I can't wait to see how Hickman's actual endgame will read.

Super bummed to see Jeff Parker and Paul Pelletier's Aquaman run end today. I wish those guys had been able to stay on that book for a super long run.
I feel YA. Jeff was great. I don't understand editors fascination with Cullen Bunn. He's writing like seven Oni titles, four DC and he used to do like five Marvel books.

ElNarez

Banned
MJ's boobs are as big as her head who the fuck fights in their let's be generous and call it nightwear what the fuck is happening Ramos. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

tim1138

I feel YA. Jeff was great. I don't understand editors fascination with Cullen Bunn. He's writing like seven Oni titles, four DC and he used to do like five Marvel books.

I don't think Bunn is a bad writer, but I also don't think he's the right guy for Aquaman. Parker's next DC book will be announced soon, I'm guessing he's taking over the retooled Justice League United book that we currently know nothing about.

J10

Banned
Do we know how long these minis are gonna run? If it's just 4 or 5 issues each I can maybe afford some of that.

Top Bottom