• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Batman Eternal #51-
Lincoln March finally turns up as expected, good. Cluemaster can barely tie his own shoelaces let alone take down Gotham.

Messi

The first one is out for a couple of months, the second one releases in summer.

I've been buying the regular Hardcovers.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

I don't think any media could ever hope to be as realistic as Phoenix Wright but considering that Soule is a lawyer irl and one of the early stories deals with his speciality I think they do a pretty decent job.

So it follows the rules of the judicial system? Awww. Is it close to Harvey Birdman?

fauxtrot

Banned
Preacher keeps getting cast members announced and I still can't believe this is actually going to be a show on TV. Please don't fuck it up, AMC.

Oh, who am I kidding... I mean, The Walking Dead is finally watchable this season, but I'm still pretty scared. Why couldn't it have gone to HBO?

fauxtrot

Banned
Good grief. Is this going to be the main Avengers book?

Sounds like it... I like the idea of putting an all new Avengers team together, but I would have preferred a few more unpredictable choices and maybe even one entirely original character for the team. Not only that, but this seems to be a pretty depowered team for the main Avengers group. Where are the heavy hitters?

I'd have been down with Eva Bell being somewhere on this team. :)

Its nice to see what Sam will be doing post Secret Wars and some more Spider-Man for Secret Wars

They have all the popular members on the team and that's all they really need.

Most likely will be Spider-Miles on the team, Secret Wars is setting him up to be one of the main players.

Drayco21

Batman Eternal and Worlds End have been great.

Haven't read this week's issue, but I'll still go to bat for Future's End- I love it, even if it took some time to get traction going. The issue with Superman fighting Bleediac was one of the coolest Superman moments I've ever read, and I've gotten invested in every one of the plot threads.

tim1138

So do y'all obsess over Eva Bell because of her cool time manipulation powers or because she's drawn in impossibly short skirts?

fauxtrot

Banned
I just enjoy Eva as a character, and with a slightly tweaked / depowered ability she could be an interesting addition to this new Avengers team... with that said, I'm sure the short skirts help her popularity with some.

With that said, I also hope all of the timey-wimey stuff is out of Marvel's system by the time we've reached a post-SW Marvel Universe.

Mafro

Sounds like it... I like the idea of putting an all new Avengers team together, but I would have preferred a few more unpredictable choices and maybe even one entirely original character for the team. Not only that, but this seems to be a pretty depowered team for the main Avengers group. Where are the heavy hitters?

I'd have been down with Eva Bell being somewhere on this team. :)
I'd be surprised if Bendis lets anyone else write Eva Bell.

I just enjoy Eva as a character, and with a slightly tweaked / depowered ability she could be an interesting addition to this new Avengers team... with that said, I'm sure the short skirts help her popularity with some.
Nah Bendis going to kill her off or depower completely to go with his meta commentary of great powers are evil.

ElNarez

Banned
Nah Bendis going to kill her off or depower completely to go with his meta commentary of great powers are evil.

Eva's story is done. Her whole thing was using powers, getting kinda messed up, then after bailing Scott out following the fuckening of all reality, realizing he's not worth it, and just wandering around time running her own shit because whatever

Eva's story is done. Her whole thing was using powers, getting kinda messed up, then after bailing Scott out following the fuckening of all reality, realizing he's not worth it, and just wandering around time running her own shit because whatever

Fuck yeah, time surfing.

Cover price on this one is only a quarter, so they probably said fuck it.

Think Skybound said the 25c floppy price is just to cover the printing costs.

I'm pretty happy with free Invincible though. I should really get back into it sometime. Next time's there's a CMX sale maybe.

I want Eva to appear randomly in different Secret Wars books and then disappear in the next panel. Sort of like that time Homer Simpson sawed a hole in the upstairs floor, poked his head through and said "Uh oh!" and leaves just as quick.

Think Skybound said the 25c floppy price is just to cover the printing costs.

I'm pretty happy with free Invincible though. I should really get back into it sometime. Next time's there's a CMX sale maybe.

I picked it up shortly before the 5th hardcover collection came out and have been reading it since. Great series. Definitely one of my favorite superhero books.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'd have been totally down for a Eva Bell solo book like a year ago where she wasn't in total control of her powers and each issue was kind of like an episode of Sliders... I don't know if it'd work post-SW, though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I remember how I got called out in a PM by a mod on Comicbook Resources because I said in the LBGT Marvel thread, that Eva isnt a transgender dude...
Edit: I replaced Emma Frost with Eva. Sorry. I am stupid... -,-

Haven't read this week's issue, but I'll still go to bat for Future's End- I love it, even if it took some time to get traction going. The issue with Superman fighting Bleediac was one of the coolest Superman moments I've ever read, and I've gotten invested in every one of the plot threads.

I've enjoyed it too but I won't defend it. Its been a slow burn that was more about world building for a future that isn't going to matter.

Worlds End on the other hand is criminally under-rated.

I remember how I got called out in a PM by a mod on Comicbook Resources because I said in the LBGT Marvel thread, that Eva isnt a transgender dude...
Edit: I replaced Emma Frost with Eva. Sorry. I am stupid... -,-

Wut.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They think that Emma Frost ist transgender.
(And Deadpool, too... Because he weared a dress once...)

I said thats this is most possible just a fan wish and then later I got the posts deleted and I got called out in a PM.

Top Bottom