• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Splatt

Can someone spoil this for me? I won't be able to read the issue until it shows up on my doorstep next week.

Thor, just before he and Hyperion face an onslaught of Beyonders, tries to pick up the hammer of Thorr but can't.

He is found worthy again

fauxtrot

Banned
Am I missing something or have we still not found out exactly why he was
found unworthy in the first place
? Maybe I just need to go back and reread Avengers / New Avengers again...

PsychBat!

Banned
Am I missing something or have we still not found out exactly why he was
found unworthy in the first place
? Maybe I just need to go back and reread Avengers / New Avengers again...

It's not revealed how he was found unworthy in either book.
Fury whispered something in to Thor's ear and that made him drop his hammer. But what Nick Fury whispered remains to be seen

fauxtrot

Banned
OK, that's what I had thought but then I started second guessing my reading comprehension skills. Thanks y'all... I'm really not enjoying these "slow burn" reveals. They just feel unnecessary and suck the emotional punch out of the events themselves.

Vyer

So, Darth Vader #3:

so this series now features a murderous C3PO and R2 duo and a space thief who has the hots for Vader.

I might be okay with this.

fauxtrot

Banned
So, Darth Vader #3:

so this series now features a murderous C3PO and R2 duo and a space thief who has the hots for Vader.

I might be okay with this.

LOL, what?

This sounds like it'll end up being amazingly stupid or stupidly amazing. Either way, I'm still down for at least the first arc.

I'm out of retirement bros. Walking Dead was good.

Pirate Michonne

Invincible was good too.
I bet she didn't actually stop breathing, but can hold her breath for an über-long time since she's one-quarter Viltrumite. Fucking Kirkman with those last-page cliffhangers.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm out of retirement bros. Walking Dead was good.

Pirate Michonne

I'm now 3 issues behind... tonight I will rectify this! The Walking Dead is back among my top 5 comics currently being released and I'm loving it. Zombine and I both know there is no shame in admitting the series is great, and y'all should be reading it if you aren't.

Zombine

Banned
I'm now 3 issues behind... tonight I will rectify this! The Walking Dead is back among my top 5 comics currently being released and I'm loving it. Zombine and I both know there is no shame in admitting the series is great, and y'all should be reading it if you aren't.

I love it. I also love Millar. I'm basically an awful person.

Gonna read Invincible after more Bloodborne :)

Mudcrab

New Avengers 32:
Remember when people were saying how stupid it was that Hickman just gave Odinson Thorr's hammer, like it invalidated his unworthiness in a lame manner? What a fucking payoff!

Based Hickman.

ReAxion

Hickman on twitter a couple hours ago:

I just turned in my last lettering draft for an Avengers book. All done. Wanted to say a few things so bear with me...

I've been stretched way too thin for the last sixteen months. As a result, I've been a total shit to work with.

The guys that have done multiple issues in that time: Deo, Caselli, Walker, Schitti, Yu have completely saved me many, many times.

They were working out of order, from partial scripts, page after page without dialogue, never complaining, total pros…

My point is this: Any of Avengers that you loved, that was THEM. Any of it that you hated, that was all ME. So please feel accordingly.

And with that, I'm all out of humility.

Watch out.
wqzDnqT.jpg

So Invincible #118, (because it's the only new comic I'll read today)

I follow this series with the hardcovers but read this issue for the heck of it, pretty interesting stuff going on,
happy that Mark and Eve are together, last issue I read was #110, so I didn't think they would be alright. Pacing was odd, with going to a toilet humor scene to Mark opening up about being raped, to Eve walking away while Mark is talking to check on the baby.
Been awhile since I analyzed a single issue of the series, I think it reads better in trades.

Been awhile since I analyzed a single issue of the series, I think it reads better in trades.

I think that applies more to books with heavy science themes like Black Science or Manhattan Projects. I've been with Invincible on an issue-to-issue basis for years and everything seems perfectly fine with this issue. Of course it counts on the reader being current with everything so far. The last hardcover left off about ten issues ago. A lot has happened in that span with this book.

Wool

I like Eva Bell, but I don't read her dialogue with the Australian accent shes supposed to have. I like Bendis' UXM run a lot, but I think I like the 3 part UXM special and the annual more than any of the standard issues. I have still yet to read any issues of ANXM, but I'm thinking I might buy all the trades at once and read it in large chunks. Bendis is a good writer but single issues are frustrating when nothing happens month after month.

I haven't posted on comics-gaf in months, so this is old news but I'm really missing Simon Spurriers X-Force. Such an amazing 15 issue run, I wish he could continue with that team.

I got the first 3 issues of Low when they came out and I couldn't stand the art. I have no idea where they are or whats going on until I stare at it trying to find any solid lines anywhere. It looks like it takes a lot of time to draw, but it's a complete mess.

East of West has been great but it's the most hopeless, depressing thing I've read in my short (2 years) time reading comics.

Rumble, Shutter, Southern Bastards, and Black Science have all been my most anticipated issues when they come out. V good all around.

Has anyone read the first couple issues of Nameless? The art looks awesome, I want to track them down if it's good.

Owzers

It's Soule. lol

Then Hickman is trolling us?

I managed to read a comic before retrying making a character in Bloodborne that doesn't have a pointy nose...

Wicked and Divine #8, the one with the 1, 2, 3, 4: I keep reading this book for the art and because i think Gillen is genuinely trying to make something special, but for me it's always less interesting than it needs to be. Random 6/10

Has anyone read the first couple issues of Nameless? The art looks awesome, I want to track them down if it's good.

I've been enjoying it. Some of the horror elements remind me a bit of the Cthulhu mythos stuff. The story has been intriguing enough to keep me reading.

fauxtrot

Banned
Haven't checked his twitter in awhile:
TDyXBYU.png

It's going to be
Nick Spencer

I want to jump on the hype bandwagon, but I honestly can't think of anyone (outside of Grant Morrison
lol
) that would genuinely get me excited for the Avengers again after the incredible run Hickman is just wrapping up on.

Though, as long as the new writer(s) take it in a completely different direction and don't try to one-up Hickman's run, I'm sure it'll turn out to be at least a solid book.

Cade

Brian Wood's All-New Avengers

----

Finally gonna read some comics since there's new Multiversity. Also still got Mastermen I haven't read so that's at least two comics I'll read today. I'm hoping it jumpstarts me back into it

Top Bottom