• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

$280

syX6IEt.jpg

YKFHHLv.jpg

gDYb1cX.jpg

8mvFaqp.jpg

Following up on Avengers after this run must be intimidating as hell.

Yeah I have no clue how you could follow it up. I wonder who the writer is. They keep saying it s a big one and I cant think of a big name that hasnt already had a shot at Avengers. I'd love Morrison or Whedon. Maybe Ellis? Haha I don't know.

I know. And I have issues with the base and that awful hair seam as well. Have to think about this.

$280 is the same price as Gwen, though. And look at the size difference....

My personal rule is, if it costs more than $200, and you have to think about it, then you already know the answer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My favorite thing about reading full events is discovering new books in the tie ins

Unfortunately this Heroes For Hire #1 was pretty shit. It's basically a bunch of fanservice-y skintight costumed girls. And Humbug, who has both the worst and best power ever. Nice art tho, but that's a given what with the fanservice ;p

My wife received an email from Mr. Barack Obama!

POTUS said:
I grew up loving comic books. Back in the day, I was pretty into Conan the Barbarian and Spiderman.

Anyone who reads comics can tell you, every main character has an origin story -- the fateful and usually unexpected sequence of events that made them who they are.

The same goes for grassroots organizers.

For me, it was a "help wanted" ad I saw in a newsletter at the New York Public Library. The job was organizing communities and churches on the South Side of Chicago. It paid $10,000 a year.

I packed up everything and drove across the country in a beat-up Honda to take the job. Those three years changed my life. It's where I found out how hard this work is -- and why it's worth doing.

Looking back, it was the best education I ever had.

OFA is collecting origin stories, and you should join in, .

lol

Yeah I have no clue how you could follow it up. I wonder who the writer is. They keep saying it s a big one and I cant think of a big name that hasnt already had a shot at Avengers. I'd love Morrison or Whedon. Maybe Ellis? Haha I don't know.

It's Ennis, brahs. Avengers MAX. #believe

ah, it's not everyday you get to save the world AND $5 at the same time

anyone pick up PastAways or Hit 1957? I wasn't sure if i had to read the previous series of Hit to read this one (or if that one was any good to begin with) and PastAways i passed on because i didn't wanna buy a 4th book. It kinda looked like Scott Kolins leveled up though, just from flipping through it

Dang, I thought there would be more people talking about Invincible in this thread given that it was practically free (and free on Comixology). It's such a great comic man. It ascended into greatness with the last 20 issues and just got even better with a new status quo. And Walking Dead was great too though both books felt a bit thin on content. Such is the plight of the monthly reader.

Dang, I thought there would be more people talking about Invincible in this thread given that it was practically free (and free on Comixology). It's such a great comic man. It ascended into greatness with the last 20 issues and just got even better with a new status quo. And Walking Dead was great too though both books felt a bit thin on content. Such is the plight of the monthly reader.

I'm catching up on Invincible on trades. I picked up the free issue but I'm still about 17 issues away from it.

5XINfD8.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #32: Cyclops lays that hot truth. Everyone hates him, but he's absolutely right. All is good with the world. Havok is still very odd here because he's supposed to be evil or something.

New Avengers #32: Hickman has given birth another amazing bromance. The Multiversal Avengers take their shot. I do want to see if something comes of
converting a Beyonder into a garden

Invincible #118: Kirkman is tackling Mark's situation with Anissa quite well. I look forward to seeing how he continues handling it in the future. The rest of the comic is "married life if you were Superman".

GohaWyb.jpg

Batman and Robin #40: A perfect end to Tomasi's run on this comic. I want more Robin/Shazam team-ups.

CNiyo8O.jpg

Earth 2 World's End #25: The Dynamic Duo is back again! Otherwise, business as usual.

Which one bothers you? I did my best to get around the actual events of each comic this week.

That New Avengers one? If I hadn't read the book I'd be maaaaaaaad.

I mean of course we all wish we could just post the two best panels in the past 20 years but, man, statute of limitations and all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm going to be controversial but looking at those statues you guys posted the last few days (shulkie, black cat, Gwen, etc) I have to say I miss the days where "sexy" (whatever your definition of that is) female costumes / drawings wasn't frowned upon or even vilified. I'm sorry but i do.

The more I read Bendis's X-Men titles the more I like them. I would say Uncanny hasnt been that good in.....a long ass time. Was Mike Carey's run on Uncanny? I cant remember

I'm going to be controversial but looking at those statues you guys posted the last few days (shulkie, black cat, Gwen, etc) I have to say I miss the days where "sexy" (whatever your definition of that is) female costumes / drawings wasn't frowned upon or even vilified. I'm sorry but i do.
Who says the new type of costumes aren't sexy? Maybe they're just not you're type of sexy. If I saw a girl outfitted with one of the new costumes (Spider-Gwen/Batgirl) on Halloween, I'd find it sexier than that horrible old Spider-Woman outfit.

And really, those type of drawings/statues arent 'vilified.' Plenty of people like them. And thats fine. The problem was that some creators were adamant in defining what 'feminine' or 'sexy' means.

PsychBat!

Banned
I've been liking UXM more than ANXM because the pacing in ANXM is so damn slow.

Though ANXM might as well be going at light speed in comparison to GotG.

ElNarez

Banned
[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5XINfD8.jpg[/IMG]
Uncanny X-Men #32: Cyclops lays that hot truth. Everyone hates him, but he's absolutely right. All is good with the world. Havok is still very odd here because he's supposed to be evil or something.

thing is, we know from Hickman's Avengers that the mutants go full-on isolationist nation-state, which totally kinda sorta works as Inverted Havok's vision

J10

Banned

What's Starlin doing these days?

Top Bottom