• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

PsychBat!

Banned
What's Starlin doing these days?

Hulk vs Thanos (which just ended today)
and soon, the Infinity Relativity.

Honestly, I knew Miles would be on this team. Only drawback is Kid Nova. And maybe Ms. Marvel, cuz I think it's too soon for her to be on a team. Ah well.

Bii

I've been enjoying it. Some of the horror elements remind me a bit of the Cthulhu mythos stuff. The story has been intriguing enough to keep me reading.

Nameless is definitely interesting. The first issue leaves you with many unanswered questions and the second issue starts to bring forth a bit of what is going on. I'll stick around for a little bit to see how it goes.

To be fair, Marvel should keep investing on Kid Nova until they get the bugger right. What've they got for the younger demographics besides it and Miles? Ms. Marvel seems to be oriented towards a slightly older demographic.

Vibranium

Banned
I think I may be in for that Avengers team, it has Waid and I like most of the characters.

I hope Kamala shows why she is way better than Sam Alexander.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like Waid though so I'll read it. Between him on that and Remender on another team book (hopefully that is), this will be good.

Is Remender leaving uncanny avengers or is the book ending?

PsychBat!

Banned
Kid Nova is at a disadvantage, or two...

1. He's not Richard Rider
2. His debut run was not (from what I hear) a good start.

Waid could probably get him right.

Nameless is definitely interesting. The first issue leaves you with many unanswered questions and the second issue starts to bring forth a bit of what is going on. I'll stick around for a little bit to see how it goes.

It's a six-issue mini. Might as well stay the course.

Squire

Banned
Read volume 1 of Remender's Uncanny X-Force.

Shit is all the way ace. Really impressed with the amount of detail for the Four Horseman and the team characterization. Logan and Fantomex are my bros.

To be fair, Marvel should keep investing on Kid Nova until they get the bugger right. What've they got for the younger demographics besides it and Miles? Ms. Marvel seems to be oriented towards a slightly older demographic.
Nope. Majority of Kamala's readers are young adult female. only way for the stench attached to kid Nova to go away is to either apologize for the early way they handled him and get Bendis/Humphries to quit shitting on Richard or to revive Richard.

Vibranium

Banned
Kid Nova is at a disadvantage, or two...

1. He's not Richard Rider
2. His debut run was not (from what I hear) a good start.

Waid could probably get him right.

If Marvel brought Rich Rider back already and made him a mentor to Sam Alexander people might like him more.

Read volume 1 of Remender's Uncanny X-Force.

Shit is all the way ace. Really impressed with the amount of detail for the Four Horseman and the team characterization. Logan and Fantomex are my bros.

Wait until you get to the Dark Angel Saga (Volume 3 and 4, I think). Awesome gets turned up to 11.

Drayco21

Reading for Sam Alexander??

What about Marvel's actual teen superstar, Kamala Khan?

Eh. Her book is just okay, the character herself hasn't made much of an impression on me. I also don't like her getting into an Avengers team this quickly unless it's a new hero training team.

I wish Miles had gotten some more time with his solo book in his own universe.....not written by Bendis (cus he started majorly sucking somewhere right before Ultimatum and then got worse) and without the Mary Sue crap and inheriting Peter's supporting cast crap

Vibranium

Banned
Eh. Her book is just okay, the character herself hasn't made much of an impression on me. I also don't like her getting into an Avengers team this quickly unless it's a new hero training team.

That's cool, I know that a lot of people don't click with her.
I think he meant Wilson but I could be totally wrong.

Whatchu talking about Vi? Miles is the real teen superstar!

You know what... we need more teen superstars!

Maybe this can be settled by Miles vs. Kamala! :p

And yeah, more teen superheroes would be great, especially with new identities.

Nope. Majority of Kamala's readers are young adult female. only way for the stench attached to kid Nova to go away is to either apologize for the early way they handled him and get Bendis/Humphries to quit shitting on Richard or to revive Richard.

That's... kind of... what i meant by "slightly older".
Kid nova i'd put at under 13. Thing's a very poor attempt at shonen.

How are bendis and company shitting on Richard, btw?

I got to be honest. I don't like Waids writing in fact I've never liked Waids writing even when I was little. He's extremely boring and can't do high concept stuff like Morrison, Ellis and Hickman can nor can he write dialogue and characters like Bendis. Just look at the new line of Star Wars comics Aaron and Gillen are hitting it out of the park but Waids book is boring and not up to snuff with the other titles. His work always feels very safe and inoffensive and when he tried to emulate Morrison in his JLA run it just wasn't the same.

Also that lineup of Avengers feels very corporate mandated. They literally picked their hottest selling up and comers (miles and kamala), break out characters from the movies (iron man and age of ultrons vision), and characters marvel is trying to make popular (female Thor, Sam Alexander, black captain America). I wanted a more interesting lineup. Hopefully that isn't Stark and they actually go with the suggestion to age/retire the older characters and put emphasis on legacy characters becoming the mainstays of the marvel universe going forward and leave the classic characters for the MCU

PsychBat!

Banned
You implying that bendis is such a dick that he can't even get the last name right, or something else?

That and more. I could go on a long tangent on why Bendis screwed Rich so hard but it's something I don't feel like going over. And neither could I summarize it. Apologies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dick Rider

...how the fuck did that slip through the cracks? I guess the 70s were a different time

Drayco21

You implying that bendis is such a dick that he can't even get the last name right, or something else?

My favorite part is that someone clearly pointed it out to him, because he went back to "Rider" for a couple pages in one of the issues, before switching right back to Ryder for the rest of the run so far because he just doesn't give a shit.

Busaiku

Mark Waid? Get ready for the blandest, corporate at of corporate comics. He's Marvels Lobdell.

7J7eXwm.jpg

Chris Samnee carried that motherfucker. Yall glorifying the Western front when it was the Eastern fron that was more crucial. Mark Waid can't write two books like the Nazis couldn't fight two fronts. Go read twenty sentences of his Hulk run.

Sandfox

I got to be honest. I don't like Waids writing in fact I've never liked Waids writing even when I was little. He's extremely boring and can't do high concept stuff like Morrison, Ellis and Hickman can nor can he write dialogue and characters like Bendis. Just look at the new line of Star Wars comics Aaron and Gillen are hitting it out of the park but Waids book is boring and not up to snuff with the other titles. His work always feels very safe and inoffensive and when he tried to emulate Morrison in his JLA run it just wasn't the same.

Also that lineup of Avengers feels very corporate mandated. They literally picked their hottest selling up and comers (miles and kamala), break out characters from the movies (iron man and age of ultrons vision), and characters marvel is trying to make popular (female Thor, Sam Alexander, black captain America). I wanted a more interesting lineup. Hopefully that isn't Stark and they actually go with the suggestion to age/retire the older characters and put emphasis on legacy characters becoming the mainstays of the marvel universe going forward and leave the classic characters for the MCU
In what world does Miles fall under that category?

fertygo

Reading LOW, and man.. I can't help but to notice (and disliking) Remender's tendency to use sexuality of female character as device.. starting to remind me to Japanese VN writer style.

Top Bottom