• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Messi

Holy shit, if these weren't all on Scribd I'd purchase this without a second thought. MTMTE is excellent guys, hop on this if you like team books at all.

And Messi, check this out:
zMMj6Lyl.jpg

My shop has a Harley Quinn nightrobe lol

Think about how many people have sniffed that thing. fuck.

Sorry for the politics, but what is this Benghazi Clinton thing? Its nonexisten in german news.

An American embassy in Benghazi was attacked by terrorists a few years ago. Right-wing/Republican news sources and talking heads tried to use this as a scandal against Obama and Clinton, but for all effort they went through, they couldn't dig up anything really damning. Left-wing and moderate Americans didn't see it as any sort of scandal.

SoilBreak

Banned
Any hints who yet?

Ben Percy & Patrick Zircher.

He written a pretty good two-parter with John Paul Leon on Detective Comics.

Some of stuff he said on twitter got me hyped too.

The Epic Awesomeness of the Lemire Mythlogy Will Contunue

It's a reboot w/ a much darker, more literary aesthetic. True Detective w/ superheroes.

Remember what happened when Daniel Craig took over James Bond? Like that.

Zero connection to the TV show.

An American embassy in Benghazi was attacked by terrorists a few years ago. Right-wing/Republican news sources and talking heads tried to use this as a scandal against Obama and Clinton, but for all effort they went through, they couldn't dig up anything really damning. Left-wing and moderate Americans didn't see it as any sort of scandal.
Not only that but the people the right wing got to investigate it said there was no misconduct on the side of the admin. Then they said that if anyone was to blame it was the Republican congress for underfunding the embassy. At least we get some schadenfreude out of it.

Anyone getting the Busiek and Perez Avengers omnibus? I loved Ultron Unlimited but I haven't read anything else from their run. Think I might cough up for my first omnibus.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Ben Percy & Patrick Zircher.

He written a pretty good two-parter with John Paul Leon on Detective Comics.

Some of stuff he said on twitter got me hyped too:

The Epic Awesomeness of the Lemire Mythlogy Will Contunue

Zero connection to the TV show.

Glad he's acknowledging that the run after Lemire/Sorrentino's was hugely misguided and dumb and terrible. I'm looking forward to Olly getting his family back.

SoilBreak

Banned
Glad he's acknowledging that the run after Lemire/Sorrentino's was hugely misguided and dumb and terrible. I'm looking forward to Olly getting his family back.

It was such a huge misstep to basically turn GA into Arrow: The Comic even though it already has a comic series.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Seems like Fantastic Library is the Collecting App I was always looking for.
To bad it doesnt know floppies, but I will find a solution for this, too.

Anyone getting the Busiek and Perez Avengers omnibus? I loved Ultron Unlimited but I haven't read anything else from their run. Think I might cough up for my first omnibus.

I am, hopefully. It's probably my favourite run of comics ever. It was definitely the one that made me a full fledged comics nerd.

Avengers Forever is also included and that's an incredible comic.

I am, hopefully. It's probably my favourite run of comics ever. It was definitely the one that made me a full fledged comics nerd.

Avengers Forever is also included and that's an incredible comic.

Apparently it only has issues 1-22 though when the full run is 33 issues. I guess the rest will come in a second volume.

Cade

I don't even like the Transformers and I bought the entire bundle. Don't let me down, GAF.

yeah i'm on the verge of it. bundles are the thing that gets me to buy stuff i have no interest in on all sorts of media and some of it sticks, so

yeah i'm on the verge of it. bundles are the thing that gets me to buy stuff i have no interest in on all sorts of media and some of it sticks, so

It's a value thing for me. I just bought how many comics for $14.05? If they are even somewhat decent, that's a lot of bang for my buck.

/Kippmath

Tizoc

I don't even like the Transformers and I bought the entire bundle. Don't let me down, GAF.

Brah
Go get Last Stand of the Wreckers, it acts as a precursor to the events of MTMTE.
Also get Transformers 23+24 from 2010-12, forgot which year but those 2 issues are fucking amazing.
I may just get the TPB that collects them just for those 2 issues.

Cade

It's a value thing for me. I just bought how many comics for $14.05? If they are even somewhat decent, that's a lot of bang for my buck.

/Kippmath
No doubt. But then you start calculating percentage liked x value x amount of comics you liked and it gets fuzzy.

whats better for reading Humble Bundle comics? PDFs or CBZ? if CBZ what reader would yall recommend
Ed tryin' to catch comic pirates with his innocuous CBZ reader questions. I'm on to you Ed.

Reading All-Star Western. Of course
the Lord of Prostitution is Charlotte the Harlot.

On another note, this comic kicks ass.

/Kippmath

Oh, please, try just paying a penny for the bottom tier.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Seems like you can add Issues in Fantastic Library manually - Damn, this App is really fantastic. The only thing I need now is a Webaccess.

whats better for reading Humble Bundle comics? PDFs or CBZ? if CBZ what reader would yall recommend

I've only done CBZs but I figure the HQ PDFs would look much cleaner. A few of the CBZs I read looked a little blurry at points. Not sure about the regular PDF files they offer though, their file sizes are usually similar to the CBZs so I wouldn't expect a huge difference in quality.

Brah
Go get Last Stand of the Wreckers, it acts as a precursor to the events of MTMTE.
Also get Transformers 23+24 from 2010-12, forgot which year but those 2 issues are fucking amazing.

You can if you want to, but it's really not required reading. I started with MTMTE and had no issues following along, the series does a good job at keeping you up to speed on what you need to know.

Tizoc

Jonah hex overall kicks ass.
Current wishlist

Jack Kirby's OMAC
Showcase Jonah Hex Vol. 2
TF: Chaos Theory

I've only done CBZs but I figure the HQ PDFs would look much cleaner. A few of the CBZs I read looked a little blurry at points. Not sure about the regular PDF files they offer though, their file sizes are usually similar to the CBZs so I wouldn't expect a huge difference in quality.

You can if you want to, but it's really not required reading. I started with MTMTE and had no issues following along, the series does a good job at keeping you up to speed on what you need to know.

Fair enough, BUT Last Stand introduces you to just how FUCKED UP and SICK Decepticons can be. If you ever look up a dictionary for 'Evil Forces of the Decepticons' and you see Overlord, you've got a prefect description.

E the Shaggy

The Transformers books are fantastic right now. I'm as surprised as anyone how good they are. Just really compelling storytelling. Probably some of the best comics on the market period and I am NOT a big Transformers fan.

I love Perfect Viewer on my tablet. CBZ all the way. I believe that's the format I download all my Comixology Image stuff in, and it's great.

Brah

Let me check out the umpteen million Transformer comics I just picked up today and decide if I like them first. :)

No doubt. But then you start calculating percentage liked x value x amount of comics you liked and it gets fuzzy.

If these books are decent to good, it will be worth it. If they are bad, I'm billing you guys for $14.

Oh, please, try just paying a penny for the bottom tier.

Yeah...not cool in my book. I even cringed when someone posted earlier on this page that they paid $1. Not judging, but that wouldn't feel right to me.

Cade

I love Perfect Viewer on my tablet. CBZ all the way. I believe that's the format I download all my Comixology Image stuff in, and it's great.

If these books are decent to good, it will be worth it. If they are bad, I'm billing you guys for $14.

PV is what I use on my tablet too, yeah. Everything else was laggy or buggy or weird or ad-filled. Best feature is you can access a shared folder off your PC so I never have to fill up my 16gb tablet with all the weird stuff from the image humble bundles, etc, but can still read them on it.

How are we splitting this $14 up? I vote Kipp pays like.. $12.

Mindwipe

I couldn't stand PV, so I use Moon Reader just because it's prettier. But they both work.

And the best thing about the Humble Bundle is that you get MTMTE vol 1 on the bottom tier, so just pay and read that and you'll be convinced to get the other stuff.

Ed tryin' to catch comic pirates with his innocuous CBZ reader questions. I'm on to you Ed.
Ha! I've actually used CBZ/CBR before but that was a long time ago. I've only ever downloaded one series/comic. It was Miracleman before Marvel bought it all up. There was just no way I was going to be able to find all the rare issues/books with no hope in sight of reprints. It was really the only way to read it back in the day. Marvel buying everything up a couple years later was a huge surprise. And yes, I bought the books when they became available.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll go with CBZ

Wrapped all my DC books up just now.

Futures End was good. Nice little cliffhanger.

Harley was as delightful as ever. Such a fantastic book.

Messi

Wrapped all my DC books up just now.

Futures End was good. Nice little cliffhanger.

Harley was as delightful as ever. Such a fantastic book.

I just love it. I love that the book is well written and the writers know what they want it to be. Each month it puts a smile on my face. It's great seeing a creative team that actively goes against the grimdark elements that DC tried to push upon Harley in the new 52. I am glad to see DC taking her out of suicide squad and I hope that's the end of edgy Harley for a while. Great to see the creative team being rewarded with great sales.

fertygo

Princess Leia's interior art is very bad :( Dodson's attempt to made photo realistic art just made it fugly.

AN Hawkeye off with good start I guess, felt I didn't like this Clint personality already, but the art is decent, story already hooking.. and more Katie is always great.

Messi

Princess Leia's interior art is very bad :( Dodson's attempt to made photo realistic art just made it fugly.

AN Hawkeye off with good start I guess, felt I didn't like this Clint personality already, but the art is decent, story already hooking.. and more Katie is always great.

But you guys told me Leia would be awesome. I bought it :(

If you have not read these: buy this. Seriously, buy this. I have near zero attachment to Transformers prior to reading these, and MTMTE is still probably my favorite currently ongoing book. If any of you pass on this, you've made a huge mistake.

I like Transformers and I was pretty much blown away by how good MTMTE is. It's probably the greatest thing to come from the franchise. This and TMNT are awesome books.

Mafro

Its everything I could have asked for and more. One of my fave books combined with one of my fave artists. Its a book made for me.
Is there a date for the next trade of that? I got the first one from Comixology when it was on sale and it was brilliant.

Is there a date for the next trade of that? I got the first one from Comixology when it was on sale and it was brilliant.

Amazon has it dated for May 12th. Dunno if that's the same date as comic shops and Comixology though. There were quite a few delays over the last year so that's why it took such a long time.

Top Bottom