• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

I am extremely depressed that Matt's run of Hawkeye is ending.

I really want to read some of his other work and i can't decide if i want to dive into Casanova, Sex Criminals or ODY-C. ODY-C is probably the least interesting series to me and i don't know what the fuck to make of Sex Criminals.

Check out Immortal Iron Fist if you haven't already. Him and Aja worked on that (well... Aja kind of worked on it and Brubaker was a co-writer) and it's pretty great.

Sex Criminals is a definite must read too. The dialogue and chemistry between the cast is amazing and like BuddyJoeHooker mentioned earlier, you can tell Fraction and Zdarsky have a ton of fun working on it. It manages to be funny and touching at points and it just feels very human. It does a great job at looking at things like mental illness in a very mature light. I'd say this is the perfect original title of his to read after Hawkeye.

Casanova is great too but it's not as easy to digest and enjoy as Hawkeye or Sex Crims. Still worth a look for sure if you liked any of his other work. As for his other ongoings, I haven't read Ody-C yet so I don't really know what to make of it (I do have the first issue somewhere...) and I can't get into Satellite Sam.

styl3s

Check out Immortal Iron Fist if you haven't already. Him and Aja worked on that (well... Aja kind of worked on it and Brubaker was a co-writer) and it's pretty great.

Sex Criminals is a definite must read too. The dialogue and chemistry between the cast is amazing and like BuddyJoeHooker mentioned earlier, you can tell Fraction and Zdarsky have a ton of fun working on it. It manages to be funny and touching at points and it just feels very human. It does a great job at looking at things like mental illness in a very mature light. I'd say this is the perfect original title of his to read after Hawkeye.

Casanova is great too but it's not as easy to digest and enjoy as Hawkeye or Sex Crims. Still worth a look for sure if you liked any of his other work. As for his other ongoings, I haven't read Ody-C yet so I don't really know what to make of it (I do have the first issue somewhere...) and I can't get into Satellite Sam.
About to buy and read the first issue of Iron Fist and Sex Criminals. If i enjoy Sex Criminals i will def pick up that hardcover coming in april, cover is amazing. Also, while browsing Sex Criminals on Comixology i came across "Just the Tips" and i laughed out loud.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I am extremely depressed that Matt's run of Hawkeye is ending.

I really want to read some of his other work and i can't decide if i want to dive into Casanova, Sex Criminals or ODY-C. ODY-C is probably the least interesting series to me and i don't know what the fuck to make of Sex Criminals.

I recommend all three of those, as they're all incredibly good, and all very different. For Sex Criminals, though, it's easily the most sincere and solid book about relationships, centering around sex, that I've read. It's goofy, self-aware, sexy, genuine, and just overall, human. Also, it's about fucking and stopping time and fighting the sex police.

Messi

About to buy and read the first issue of Iron Fist and Sex Criminals. If i enjoy Sex Criminals i will def pick up that hardcover coming in april, cover is amazing. Also, while browsing Sex Criminals on Comixology i came across "Just the Tips" and i laughed out loud.

You should get just the tips.

Busiek and Perez had a good time doing the Avengers:
UVl3tkw.png

So good

PsychBat!

Banned
Have you read it before? If not, it's fantastic. I'm thinking of buying the physical copy so I can reread it again despite having a backlog.

Oh yeah, I've read and re-read DnA's Guardians run many times. I'm just excited to have it in my hands soon.

Busaiku

I don't get why Spider-Woman 5 wasn't Spider-Woman 1, and Spider-Woman 1-4 wasn't Spider-Women, which could've focused more on Silk, Gwen, Mayday, etc, instead of repeating events that were actually going on in The Amazing Spider-Man. It kind of was, to an extent, but should've been expanded in that regard.

I think that umm... comics... well, they're good.
mj9U8uq.png

I don't get why Spider-Woman 5 wasn't Spider-Woman 1, and Spider-Woman 1-4 wasn't Spider-Women, which could've focused more on Silk, Gwen, Mayday, etc, instead of repeating events that were actually going on in The Amazing Spider-Man. It kind of was, to an extent, but should've been expanded in that regard.

How was Spider-Woman 5 anyways? Besides Birdie hype I don't think I saw any other posts about it and I was curious for the art but I wasn't sold since I knew Hopeless was still writing. Is it an improvement over the initial issues or is it still too early to really say?

PsychBat!

Banned
How was Spider-Woman 5 anyways? Besides Birdie hype I don't think I saw any other posts about it and I was curious for the art but I wasn't sold since I knew Hopeless was still writing. Is it an improvement over the initial issues or is it still too early to really say?
It was fine, definitely an improvement over 1-4 because of the art.

The Order is one of the most perfectly mediocre 5/10 games I've played in a long time. Its like taking a guided tour through a video game.

Scott Snyder is back at C2E2 this year...
Good and bad.
Good: He's awesome, love to get him to sign some books,,, very cool guy.
Bad: Fucking huge line that always gets capped off, screwed if you don't wait before way before he's even at the booth. And last year only 3 books per person.

styl3s

The Order is one of the most perfectly mediocre 5/10 games I've played in a long time. Its like taking a guided tour through a video game.
It should of been a $20-30 PSN exclusive game free for PS+ subscribers.

I feel like it would of gotten much better reviews if they did that.

fauxtrot

Banned
What's Copra about? Someone sell me on it.

COPRA is Michel Fiffe's homage to Ostrander's Suicide Squad (which ran from the late 80s to early 90s)... I could write out a huge JC-esque synopsis/analysis of its greatness, but instead I'll just leave you with Comics Alliance's glowing review. Still not convinced? Read the first issue here for free!

It's by far my favorite "true" indie comic (in that single isseus are only released by Fiffe on his etsy store and it's collected into trades by Bergen Street Press). Dude's art is very unique and matches the glorious weirdness found in his writing.

Tizoc

COPRA is Michel Fiffe's homage to Ostrander's Suicide Squad (which ran from the late 80s to early 90s)... I could write out a huge JC-esque synopsis/analysis of its greatness, but instead I'll just leave you with Comics Alliance's glowing review. Still not convinced? Read the first issue here for free!

It's by far my favorite "true" indie comic (in that single isseus are only released by Fiffe on his etsy store and it's collected into trades by Bergen Street Press). Dude's art is very unique and matches the glorious weirdness found in his writing.

Nice i'll def. pre-order next time I can spare the cash =3

Penguin

Got an e-mail from Image which claims that Nonplayer 2 will be out in June if anyone wants to continue reading.

man the freakin AXIS hardcover still has the stupid banners in the first few issues

I got Sunstone and wanna read it but my GF is hogging it

Messi

Still not entirely sold on Howard the Duck yet. I wish I was but I really need to read the first issue. I'm not expecting it to be any good, sadly.

Are you doubting Zdarsky and Quinones (pls before JC arrives to tell me he is gonna leave after 3 issues) ?

Top Bottom