• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

PsychBat!

Banned
It's probably because of the character himself that gives me a feeling of neutrality. He's cool but I'm not getting hype from a Howard the Duck book.

Messi

He's gonna leave after 4 issues.

untitled-12ycj6e.gif

Are you saying this because he is going to leave to go back to DC so he can draw a Zatanna ongoing?

fauxtrot

Banned
It's probably because of the character himself that gives me a feeling of neutrality. He's cool but I'm not getting hype from a Howard the Duck book.

I can understand this. Have you ever read any of Steve Gerber's Howard the Duck? I think Zdarsky has the potential to do a great (albeit different) job with the character.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Weird, Khoi Pham just tweeted a picture of a duck on twitter.

fauxtrot

Banned
BURNHAM AND VILLALOBOS ON THAT MORRISON X-MEN SHIT????

YOOOOOOO I AM ALL ABOUT THAT

Yoooo, soo happy to see Ramon Villalobos getting more work. Dude is always super nice and is a NorCal / Sac-Con native. Plus I own a bunch of original art from him, so if he blows up I'll be rolling in $$$.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Bertram New X-Men cover? Oh shit, this is my Spider-Gwen. Running to the shop that day.

ElNarez

Banned
Secret Wars is already bigger than Convergence.

Is it?

No yeah it totally is, because it was made by people who actually talked to one another beforehand, a move which DC only stole this year.

Like, we have two years of Hickman comics building up to Secret Wars. The only things you need to read to be ready for Convergence is the last month of Future's End.

PsychBat!

Banned
Yeah, Convergence totally feels like something out of left field way too fast. While Secret Wars is being written by a master planner.

Read a few issues of Avengers earlier, coming onto Ultron Unlimited so I'm pretty stoked to see how it plays out considering all of the hype for it.

Reading Transformers MTMTE Volume 3 right now and man, I forgot how fun this comic gets. Ultra Magnus is just great.

styl3s

So what's the general consensus on new Hawkeye? I have had it in my comixology cart like all day but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Also i read Sex Criminals #1 and immediately bought the 2 volumes because i need more of that in my life. Wasn't completely sold from Immortal Iron Fist #1, does it get better?

frye

Burnham x Villalobos x Bertram all having credits on the same book is the businesssss

ps here's me in 2013 posting some Villabolos BEFORE IT WAS COOL

So what's the general consensus on new Hawkeye? I have had it in my comixology cart like all day but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Also i read Sex Criminals #1 and immediately bought the 2 volumes because i need more of that in my life. Wasn't completely sold from Immortal Iron Fist #1, does it get better?

I posted about All New Hawkeye last night. It was a mostly solid first issue. The art and dialogue were both pretty good but I'm not completely sold on the flashback sequences that Lemire wants to use. It's still early on, so my opinion on them could definitely change, but right now I don't really care for them. It is important to note that it is going to be very different from Fraction's Hawkeye. The first issue has team Hawkbuddies inside a Hydra base as opposed to something like Clint bumming around New York. I'd give it some more time since it's trying to do its own thing but it's definitely something to keep an eye on down the line.

It's been a while since I read Iron Fist so I don't remember. I remember enjoying it from the beginning though. But if you're not feeling it, that's just another excuse to check out Casanova!
Burnham x Villalobos x Bertram all having credits on the same book is the businesssss

Looking at the page you posted it on is great. Classic sillymonkey

ElNarez

Banned

They don't even try to go for that aja-fraction feel, which is the exact right decision to make. It's flashy in way more obvious ways, like, there's two sequences, each with its own style of coloring, and they end up bleeding into one another in pretty neat layouts. It's way more block-bustery? But there's still a tether to that intimateness that makes Hawkguy so great. It's strange, and good, and it feels right. Jump the dang gun already.

I wanna buy an original or few from him for sure. I'll have to see him at a con though. i've rocked his stuff as avs before

wqh1fPt.jpg
s6576hW.jpg

he also draws a solid Ghost Rider, which is my metric for a good artist

this is a great post because there's also YA praise in there. he's even drawn them for a event tie-in, too

see even one of the coolest artists in current comics can't make rogue cool

SHE'S THE WORST I KEEP TELLING Y'ALL

Rogue is not that bad though and you know what neither is Gambit

He also has a dope af drawing of Psylocke, who is actually the real honest to god WORST

MG310

I guess I first saw his stuff when WWE posted his Team Hell No drawing.

Midtown has a decent sale going on again and I bought more blank covers because I have a problem. Sorry for padding out Finch/Finch Wonder Woman sales but yo, these blanks are only $1.78.

ElNarez

Banned
Rogue is not that bad though and you know what neither is Gambit

He also has a dope af drawing of Psylocke, who is actually the real honest to god WORST

don't you fucking dare my girl Betsy got through some shit she's trying to get better okay

she's just a victim of Claremont's strange sexual fetishes

Top Bottom