• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Messi

JC banned again? Geez.

tumblr_m7dx5ecmop1r167hco1_500.gif

Banned for agreeing with someone that someone should stop making threads. Stupid ban. Hopefully its not a perma.

6TGrnvF.jpg

Comics: Grayson was good as always. Gonna be sad to have it gone from my life for two months or however long it's gonna be. Really looking forward to this next arc with all that went down this week.

I GOT THE JOB!

Excited-Louise-Bobs-Burgers.gif

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

Going to spend the weekend looking at PC parts and dreaming. Definitely going to try and go to DICE now. Going to a comic con with money? Oh my.

Finally I can relax a bit and READ SOME COMICS YEAHHHHHH!

I'm so wired right now. Gotta stop abusing the coffee there.

Messi

6TGrnvF.jpg

Comics: Grayson was good as always. Gonna be sad to have it gone from my life for two months or however long it's gonna be. Really looking forward to this next arc with all that went down this week.

You'd think after so many bans you'd eventually learn not to be a douche like that...

I enquired. He was banned for thread shitting and he will be gone for 2 months because of his history of bans. Lucky not to get a perma. Sad that he is gone for so long. Maybe he was trying to avoid Convergence?

I GOT THE JOB!

Excited-Louise-Bobs-Burgers.gif

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

Going to spend the weekend looking at PC parts and dreaming. Definitely going to try and go to DICE now. Going to a comic con with money? Oh my.

Congrats bro. I know that feeling. Its nice to have regular money coming in.

I GOT THE JOB!

Congrats brah

I want to start looking for something new soon. Gotta use up my PTO before I do though.

PsychBat!

Banned
We've been hearing about Convergence almost since they announced the Burbank move. It seems designed to scratch nostalgia itches. From an outsider to the Marvel stuff, Secret Wars seems like the biggest fucking cluster fuck of mashed together bullshit. I don't understand half the shit they are soliciting. It comes across as marketing gimmicks the books. Like who the fuck is nostalgic for Age of Ultron? Oh right. They have a movie coming out with that name. Whatever. Print it and ship it.

It's going to be fun seeing how many changes to align it with the MCU happen during the event.
LOL
Don't be angry.
What I said wasn't a sleight against DC. And the announcement of the DC move isn't even two years old. Calm down.

CBTech

I GOT THE JOB!

Congrats. The feeling of landing a job is one of the best things ever. I was bouncing off of the walls when I got the call that I was hired for my first job out of college.

It's not. The monthly "durrr, the Marvel movies are bad" threads are obvious traps. The next step is openly hunting us down in the streets.
JC got banned thread whining in a NTGYK thread. They're either using us against us, or they have guys on the inside!

Leia was fun. The art's a bit iffy and it didn't really go anywhere but I'm on board. My least favourite of the three SW series opening issues' though.

It's not. The monthly "durrr, the Marvel movies are bad" threads are obvious traps. The next step is openly hunting us down in the streets.

I dunno, while the current one is hyperbolic, I don't think the points raised are wrong, per se. Marvel movies, with a few exceptions, have a very similar feel to them. Now, that's not a bad thing in and of itself; my all-time favorite book series is significantly more formulaic than the MCU, and it doesn't diminish the awesomeness one bit.

That said, sometimes it doesn't work. Thor, Thor 2, and IM3 are, IMO, examples of when the typical approach fell flat. Ditto The First Avenger, to a lesser extent.

Owzers

But Marvel movies.....are bad......

Outside of Iron Man and Winter Soldier i group most marvel movies with Expendables and Transformers, maybe some decent scenes but dumb movies with awful plots.

ReAxion

I dunno, while the current one is hyperbolic, I don't think the points raised are wrong, per se. Marvel movies, with a few exceptions, have a very similar feel to them. Now, that's not a bad thing in and of itself; my all-time favorite book series is significantly more formulaic than the MCU, and it doesn't diminish the awesomeness one bit.

That said, sometimes it doesn't work. Thor, Thor 2, and IM3 are, IMO, examples of when the typical approach fell flat. Ditto The First Avenger, to a lesser extent.

Damn it, merely referencing it even results in the same thing.

They know nerds are obsessed with the entertainment products, and they think we're moths to the flame. Turn around moth. Go the other way.

Outside of Iron Man and Winter Soldier i group most marvel movies with Expendables and Transformers, maybe some decent scenes but dumb movies with awful plots.

Resiiiiist.

Dunbar

Looking at that Bleeding Cool post about Secret Wars trades on Amazon, good lord does that look like a cluster. I'm still anticipating it more than Convergence, but I wish they would just go ahead and announce which books are ongoings, limited series, or whatever.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
JC's gonna miss so much anime discussion.

Also his comment was funny.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Looking at that Bleeding Cool post about Secret Wars trades on Amazon, good lord does that look like a cluster. I'm still anticipating it more than Convergence, but I wish they would just go ahead and announce which books are ongoings, limited series, or whatever.
I said I will buy everything, but I cant afford 25 tradepaperbacks.

So I'm hearing that DC pushed a bunch of books back to the end of April? Batman #40, Justice League #40 and others? There a link on this anywhere?

EDIT: you know what, who cares. You guys just keep talking about who's getting banned for what and what video games you're playing. It's fine.

Hey. Age of Extinction > Winter Soldier
I bet the hint at the end is that Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Spider-Man are joining the guardians of the Galaxy
Idk why'd they slum it with the losers in the Guardians

Top Bottom