• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Hey. Age of Extinction > Winter Soldier

shocked-downey.gif

So, what do you guys think of that Supergirl costume? Can't say I'm terribly fond of it myself, though IIRC there's some leaked stuff floating around that goes a way towards explaining why it looks the way it does. So it could get better.

The funniest part is I could totally see this happening in the movie, in like a deleted scene or something.

The magic of JK Simmons, IMO.

So, what do you guys think of that Supergirl costume? Can't say I'm terribly fond of it myself, though IIRC there's some leaked stuff floating around that goes a way towards explaining why it looks the way it does. So it could get better.

i like it. Simple, classic but works. If you go to far to something new, everyone freaks out. If you go too sexy, people will cry foul, etc.

its not like the quality of the show will hinge on the costume anyway

I kinda like it. I'm surprised at how interested i am in this thing ("kinda interested")

Messi

So I'm hearing that DC pushed a bunch of books back to the end of April? Batman #40, Justice League #40 and others? There a link on this anywhere?

EDIT: you know what, who cares. You guys just keep talking about who's getting banned for what and what video games you're playing. It's fine.

Why would they do that friend?

It's a pretty simple look. And the color scheme makes me think they're looking to keep the design in-line with the Man of Steel costume. Overall, though, I can't say I dislike it.

EDIT: you know what, who cares. You guys just keep talking about who's getting banned for what and what video games you're playing. It's fine.

oh shit, Spike gettin' mad.

ReAxion

So I'm hearing that DC pushed a bunch of books back to the end of April? Batman #40, Justice League #40 and others? There a link on this anywhere?

I care.

fauxtrot

Banned

This is the first any of us have heard of it... so yeah, no need to pull a Korupt. ;)

Confirmed
Batman #40
Justice League #40
Superman #40
Multiversity #2

Also to see up to date shipping releases just search "the title + previewsworld" and it should show up.

Tizoc

I like that Supergirl TV show outfit. Was wondering why some didn't like it and then remembered where the thread was =X

I like that Supergirl TV show outfit. Was wondering why some didn't like it and then remembered where the thread was =X

I don't like how muted the colours are, but it's still pretty good. At least they went with the classic 'S' and not the Man of Steel one.

I never watch any of these, but I hope it does well. Hopefully we'll see TV Supergirl with Melissa Benoist VA as a costume in Injustice 2.

Yeah, Deodato doesn't help either.
These editors just let Bendis run while and pluck up his friends and the best upcoming artists. Deadato is not the kind of guy you put on a fantastical book. His art is drab, sterile, lifeless, ugly, traced. Put this motherfucker on a Star Wars book and be done with him. What the hell is Nick Bradshaw doing!? They have him launch a weekly with one issue and he's never seen again. Brah needs to be on these types of books. I would rather have these Aja apers, these interchangeable Hispanic hombres, or Koi Pham than Mike fucking Deadato. He's a fungus on an uncircumcised penis.

fauxtrot

Banned
I didn't appreciate the Star Wars dig, but he's mostly right.

What IS Nick Bradshaw drawing these days anyway? He almost made Bendis Guardians tolerable, that's an achievement for any artist.

I see what he's saying though... give him something that already has a ton of visual structure so his lack of creativity isn't so apparent. Nick Bradshaw is one of the artists on Wolverines, isn't he? Oh, and Spiderman and the X-Men too, right?

I see what he's saying though... give him something that already has a ton of visual structure so his lack of creativity isn't so apparent. Nick Bradshaw is one of the artists on Wolverines, isn't he? Oh, and Spiderman and the X-Men too, right?

If we give Deodato Star Wars, he'll just trace the Lego sets for all the ships.

Actually, that might not be so bad.

Cade

Guys, who got banned for what video game no-

errr
Happy one day late birthday to Kipp, I was away a couple days on super important business
waking up video games netflix crying myself to sleep over how lame I am and repeating
but I hit him up on steam beforehand anyway.

Hot damn.

Bendis is one of the most stubborn writers ever. He has to know where his strengths lie as a writer but does team and event books anyway. And for years and years. At least after brubaker tried it with Xmen and secret avengers realized "nope. I suck at team books" and went to image to image and him and Phillips are doing great.

I guess he gets sales from fans somehow. Or is it he's on the higher profile books and get the loyalty sales?

Street level stories Bendis! It's what got you the praise. When has anyone said "boy read this bendis team book. It's his best work!"

And stay on powers and stop resetting it. Gesh

Nudull

Banned
Bendis is one of the most stubborn writers ever. He has to know where his strengths lie as a writer but does team and event books anyway. And for years and years. At least after brubaker tried it with Xmen and secret avengers realized "nope. I suck at team books" and went to image to image and him and Phillips are doing great.

I guess he gets sales from fans somehow. Or is it he's on the higher profile books and get the loyalty sales?

Street level stories Bendis! It's what got you the praise. When has anyone said "boy read this bendis team book. It's his best work!"

To be fair, at least Battle of the Atom wasn't his fault.

Don't crucify me for this, but I'm kind of piggybacking off of Spike a bit: I think we should try to get more on track. I love you guys, and I'm glad we've become more of our own little group, but I feel like outside of announcements and a few big issues (Pax Americana) we've done a pretty poor job on talking about what we have been reading lately.

I'm not saying it has to be a JC style essay on why the coloring in Hawkeye makes your heart go dokidoki, but just a quick blurb doesn't hurt. I think statue and general merch stuff is A-OK but I like hearing what you guys think about what you read. I know I've been trying just to make some small posts on things I've been reading but I feel like they mostly go ignored.

I really don't have anything against the general talk and whatnot (I like to hear about things like Messi and Tetrax finding jobs for example) but more comics is always good.

ReAxion

Don't crucify me for this, but I'm kind of piggybacking off of Spike a bit: I think we should try to get more on track. I love you guys, and I'm glad we've become more of our own little group, but I feel like outside of announcements and a few big issues (Pax Americana) we've done a pretty poor job on talking about what we have been reading lately.

I'm not saying it has to be a JC style essay on why the coloring in Hawkeye makes your heart go dokidoki, but just a quick blurb doesn't hurt. I think statue and general merch stuff is A-OK but I like hearing what you guys think about what you read. I know I've been trying just to make some small posts on things I've been reading but I feel like they mostly go ignored.

I really don't have anything against the general talk and whatnot (I like to hear about things like Messi and Tetrax finding jobs for example) but more comics is always good.

I agree with everything.

That said I still have some books from last week I didn't get to. :(

The bolded is what happened to me with his Avengers, and to a lesser extent his Guardians. Disassembled was car crash comics, it was a total destruction of the old Avengers formula but you couldn't help but watch if you were an Avengers fan. It was better than Johns' run at least. I stuck with it at the start of New Avengers, and it actually isn't that bad until Civil War, but then we get that utter shit of the first arcs of Mighty Avengers (I strongly dislike Frank Cho's art and it's never worse than it is in that Ultron arc, plus THE DELAYS!) and his team of Cool Ninja Dudes & Luke Cage in New Avengers and it gets bad fast. It's saved only by Dark Avengers but half of that book's run is crossovers and it's basically Diet Ellis Thunderbolts anyway.

The less said about Heroic Age Avengers the better. What an ungodly mess those books were but I still stuck with them.

He did leave his mark on the Avengers. He made it more like the JLA Big Seven in that it's a team of Marvel's best-known heroes now. This was more to do with Mark Millar's "What the fuck is a Jack of Hearts?" rant at a writer's retreat, and Hickman has rowed back on this with his ORIGINAL CHARACTERS DO NOT TOUCH. We have the Tower most of the time now even though he lamely tried to bring back Avengers Mansion as Cribz: Luke Cage Edition.

I sound about 80 in that post. This was the first Avengers comic I ever read though, as part one of those thick black'n'white collections. I think I got it at an airport:

Still one of my favourite covers ever.

So I am very picky when it comes to the Avengers. It still blows my mind that Marvel pushes them so much ahead of the X-Men now, even if that's all down to movies. No fun as a kid trying to explain how Iron Man was cooler than 90s cartoon Wolverine, that's for sure.

fauxtrot

Banned
Tyrant Rave talking about actually reading comics? Whoa...

I agree, though I don't think we need to stop talking about the off-topic things... it'd just be nice if there was more talk about actual comics too. I know I'm a major offender when it comes to this stuff, so I'll try to be better about it.

fauxtrot

Banned
Speaking of comics, I just read the first 3 or 4 issues of Rachel Rising last night, and my god... Terry Moore is just the best. His art is on point and those first few pages without any text in issue 1 were so beautifully done. I feel like I would have been lost if I was reading it issue by issue, so I'm glad I started it collected. The story seems to be jumping around a little bit and I'm not entirely sure what's going on just yet, but that's the way it's supposed to be and I'm thoroughly sucked in. That little girl is creepy! This isn't the comic I thought it was going to be, but damn if it isn't genius thus far. I really hope it keeps its momentum! Strangers in Paradise started out much more straight-forward, but I highly recommend anyone that enjoyed that to check this out.

It gets a not-so-random 8.57362 / 10 from me.

Me and Zombine are combining to create Messi & Zombine |OT| . See y'all over there.
Again, I'm not saying we have to completely change, but more talk on what we're reading would be nice. I'm not trying to say no fun allowed because I do genuinely like our community.

Are you guys gonna share the ban next time?

They're going to Freebird Rule it.

I will definitely read comics tomorrow. BELEE DAT.

Again, I'm not saying we have to completely change, but more talk on what we're reading would be nice. I'm not trying to say no fun allowed because I do genuinely like our community.

Spike is Michael Ironside in Starship Troopers. Wait til he gets his mod colours.

"I only have one rule. Everyone reads, no one quits. You don't read your pulls, I'll ban you."

Top Bottom