• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Vyer

Can I just say I didn't really dig Descender? Kinda all over the place. Not like the tight cord of story that a Black Science or East of West is.

BS is definitely much more focused, but while I like EoW, 'all over the place' seems like a good summary of its first couple of issues.

Descender felt like it came together pretty nicely by the end of the issue.

Starman #0-#1: Damn, what a start. So quick to introduce all the main characters and set things up. Such gorgeous art (and colouring) too.

One of the best and one of my all time favs.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Probably the best thing JMS has written. So beautifully illustrated too. Ribic doing full painted interiors is a blessing
I think, when I would have to choose one book to proof that superhero books can tell a real mature story, I would choose this one. A really great book. Its kinda sad that there is no OHC of it avaiable.

tim1138

Can I just say I didn't really dig Descender? Kinda all over the place. Not like the tight cord of story that a Black Science or East of West is.

You and I have vastly different definitions of "all over the place." A short first act to set the stage, the second act to introduce the protagonist, and then the third act to tie it all together. I don't think you could have had a tighter story without Lemire literally spoon feeding you the plot. Descender was one of the best first issues in awhile.

Dunbar

Original Sin #8 was released on MU this week, so I guess I can finally start reading that. Any of the tie-ins worth checking out? There are a ton of them.

Timo

Just read Decender this morning, i thought it was a decent read. I got slightly confused for a sec after that first big scene change, but i figured it out quick enough.

Also that seal guy in saga makes me chuckle everytime i see him. Hillariousss.

Cheska

I think, when I would have to choose one book to proof that superhero books can tell a real mature story, I would choose this one. A really great book. Its kinda sad that there is no OHC of it avaiable.
There is a hardcover available. Not oversized though :(

Maybe I just don't give a shit about the characters at this point. black science and deadly class hooked me by the first panels.

Maybe all over the place is the wrong way to describe it. Unengaging is more accurate.

I'm about halfway through Axis. It's really not garbage, but it's definitely nothing special.

should i read the hobgob/carnage minis at any specific time or just save em for after?

Boogiepop

Right, finished off volume 5 of Hellblazer, which is the last I have of it, and once again the titular arc of the book killed it. One quick question, for people in the know about supernatural DC around that time
the three demon guys as the devil, and I guess also that one demon woman: were they from another title? I feel like in Sandman there was something with a triumvirate in hell, I believe near the beginning with Lucifer and Beelzebub and someone else? Is this them? Or is this something related to Lucifer or Preacher or something like that which I haven't read yet?

Rooster12

Hellblazer is the best long -running DC comic series ever.

Props to you for reading that.

I'm up to the 7th issue of Axis and this event is straight up garbage. Holy shit it's godawful.

Why the hell is Sabretooth running away from Nightcrawler?? That's just way out of character dude should mawled his ass.

Wanda cutting her bloodties with Magneto just like that?? Nothing fancy, nothing memorable....just snap of a finger...ok...gotcha.

The Magneto tie-ins are godawful as well, even Cullen Bunn couldn't save that.

Secret Wars June covers

Seems like Ribic's art, wooo

W0qk563.png

Inhumanity: The Awakening was drek of the worst sort, got dayumn

Inhuman, however, is waaaaay better than i expected. Medusa being a legit good character (also the best marvel monarch in a while).

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Starman #0-#1: Damn, what a start. So quick to introduce all the main characters and set things up. Such gorgeous art (and colouring) too.

I am also loving that the omnibuses have the letters and notes from the single issues included. One of the first collections I own that collects such pages.

These images are from the first two issues. If you feel they are spoilers, let me know and I will change them to a link.

No time for comics when one needs to hustle for a Porsche.

Oh man. Starman looks incredible. I've heard many, many great things about it, but hadn't seen any of the art until now. That looks gorgeous. And that's so cool that the letters and notes are included. Those really need to get reprinted so I can get in on that...

And lol. I'm hustlin for a house at the moment, but after that I can start hustlin for a Porsche. :p

Kipp

Oh my goodness. Can't handle this.
Here are 6 consecutive pages of Alias, with art by the wonderful Michael Gaydos.
Like, seriously, is this real life?

Gonna be totally honest. I have no idea what people love about Alias. I'm going to finish reading it, but I'm very much looking forward to finishing it.

styl3s

Shipment 1 of 2 from instocktrade has finally arrived
Super impressed with the packaging but not impressed with that 8 day shipping wait. Still, incredible pricing and i couldn't pass it up. Have only read #1 of Saga and immediatly ordered that same with Chew and Snyders Batman. Hawkeye i bought because i sold my paper back trades to a friend awhile back and i found out after ordering it they will be collecting all issues into a big hardcover so that's a bummer. Also, why the fuck is death in the family white? OCD is killing me.

Can't wait to dive into Chew/Saga tonight.

Super impressed with the packaging but not impressed with that 8 day shipping wait. Still, incredible pricing and i couldn't pass it up. Have only read #1 of Saga and immediatly ordered that same with Chew and Snyders Batman. Hawkeye i bought because i sold my paper back trades to a friend awhile back and i found out after ordering it they will be collecting all issues into a big hardcover so that's a bummer. Also, why the fuck is death in the family white? OCD is killing me.

Can't wait to dive into Chew/Saga tonight.
Fuck awesome haul!

Gonna be totally honest. I have no idea what people love about Alias. I'm going to finish reading it, but I'm very much looking forward to finishing it.

Shortly after those pages it gets decent. Then it builds up all the way to legit good (sometimes).

styl3s

Fuck awesome haul!
Haul 2 has a series i have been wanting to read for a long time Y the Last man. Kind of bummed out they didn't ship me Chew Omnivore 1 yet because i have only read issue 1 and i really, really, really want to dive into Chew. I am debating about doing the crazy thing and buying those issues on comixology and reading them or just skipping vol 1 and reading 2-4 and going back once i have it.

Saga i will knock out tonight because that's the series i am most excited to read but godammit i want to read Chew.

Super impressed with the packaging but not impressed with that 8 day shipping wait.

Sometimes, if you order older product that didn't come out that very week, then it's possible that it might be on backorder, which is the reason for the delay. Its happened to me plenty of times, too.

Kipp

Shortly after those pages it gets decent. Then it builds up all the way to legit good (sometimes).

Oh sweet. Really happy to hear that. The first arc was pretty good (though not outstanding) but the two or three arcs since then have just been plain bad. Very glad to hear that it improves.

Rich is reporting that this replacing Rocket Raccoon during Secret Wars. Which is bigger news to me.

Skottie is sneak attack writing this as really dramatic series if the end of the first arc is any indication. Wouldn't be surprised if it's leading to a fond farewell to the little furry guy during SW.

styl3s

Sometimes, if you order older product that didn't come out that very week, then it's possible that it might be on backorder, which is the reason for the delay. Its happened to me plenty of times, too.
Are they good about fulfilling that backorder or do it usually end up in a refund?

Are they good about fulfilling that backorder or do it usually end up in a refund?

The only refunds I've ever gotten were ones I asked for after ordering elsewhere. But that was due more to my own impatience than them not being able to get the item (it was a book I wanted to have ASAP). Generally, if the wait for said item is extensive, they'll ship your order as-is, and then ship the other item separately when it comes in (at no additional shipping cost to you, of course).

oh, so I got my Sex Crims art print from Secret Panel today. Didn't open it yet aside from popping the top. It's packed very well. It came in a really thick cardboard tube, and on the inside, it's packed with brown paper.

Thinking of ordering the print of the Nameless key art from them, next.

Top Bottom