• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

styl3s

The only refunds I've ever gotten were ones I asked for after ordering elsewhere. But that was due more to my own impatience than them not being able to get the item (it was a book I wanted to have ASAP). Generally, if the wait for said item is extensive, they'll ship your order as-is, and then ship the other item separately when it comes in (at no additional shipping cost to you, of course).
hmm i put in a request to get something of equal value since the paper that came with my order said i could and went ahead and ordered it off amazon and i guess i will just pray for the best and hope it doesnt come on fire.

I love instocktrade but this is something i want to read ASAP.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Currently reading through the Stan Lee Meets Issues.
Most of the actual Stan Lee Meets Series is crap, but this one Issue, where the Impossible Man gets in the real world to tell Tom Breevort and Joe Quesada how shitty Earth 616 has become is pure gold :D

Samnee drew Spider-Gwen:
tumblr_nkuokoxILm1t1xi2ao1_1280.jpg

Tizoc

I'm really liking that book so far. Is it supposed to be a mini or an ongoing?

I always assumed it is a mini, don't see how you thought it'd be an ongiong unless you wanted to see more the crazy occult shit Nameless deals with :p

Grayson #8 ain't got shit on TF MTMTE #38, effin' comic taught me a new word

Right, so, this just donned on me.

Wakanda was created 10.000 years ago.

The kree incursion that spread inhumans happened well before that.

Due to the degree of inbreeding that wakanda experiences, wouldn't that mean that the country would be 100% full of inhumans or have none at all?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ha. So you know how I just posted about how I don't like Alias? Well I just read another issue and it was the first amazing issue of the run. Just fantastic. It was 100% slice-of-life stuff, where half the issue was Jessica talking to Luke Cage and the other half of the issue was Jessica talking to Scott Lang. So good. Also, that part where
Jessica and Scott turn around from their dinner and see that Doc-Ock is rampaging through the city with Spider-Man and the Human Torch chasing after him and they're both like "Ehhh. They got it."
If this quality keeps up, I now completely understand why people love Alias.

My copy of The Complete Calvin and Hobbes came this week. <3

Awesome. I have all the individual collections and I've probably read them at least five times each. So good.

Inhumans #9

"HEY, You know all that pretty damn swell character development i've been doing with Medusa? Yeaaah, how about i throw it all away so that muh book can take part in sixis?"

FML soule, why? Why why why?

If this quality keeps up, I now completely understand why people love Alias.

Yeah, i was checking out the arcs on wiki to remember, and dunno why most people don't tell new readers to skip the first ten issues.

Ha. So you know how I just posted about how I don't like Alias? Well I just read another issue and it was the first amazing issue of the run. Just fantastic. It was 100% slice-of-life stuff, where half the issue was Jessica talking to Luke Cage and the other half of the issue was Jessica talking to Scott Lang. So good.

Next time, maybe just skip the premature sillymonkey routine. ;)

Kipp

Yeah, i was checking out the arcs on wiki to remember, and dunno why most people don't tell new readers to skip the first ten issues.

I thought the first couple issues where
Jessica records Captain America and gets pulled in for questioning regarding that murder
were pretty good and a good intro to the character, but then the second half of that arc with the
presidential candidate and the whole conspiracy thing
kind of fell apart. So yeah, I'd probably recommend completely skipping issues 3-14 or something. Those issues were just plain bad for the most part.

Next time, maybe just skip the premature sillymonkey routine. ;)

Well the good issue didn't change the fact that most of the first 14 issues were really not good. Haha. Plus I didn't even give it a random score!

My copy of The Complete Calvin and Hobbes came this week. <3

It is such a great compilation. I have half a mind to order the softcover box set, my hc collection is 8000 miles away at my parent's place.

The 10th Anniversary Book makes a great companion to the collection.

CBTech

Finally caught up on Daredevil (on MU). I'm trying to resist buying the rest off of CMX. Waid's run has been excellent. I like the happier tone and playful nature Matt has taken on. It is a somewhat weird tonal shift coming from Bendis's and Brubaker's runs and took a little getting used to.

Now I need to decide what next to read. I'm thinking about either continuing my attempt to read the important/famous X-men stories from the beginning or Superior Foes of Spider-man since you guys hyped it up. Will probably do Superior Foes first since it will be shorter.

Inhuman #12

Credit where credit's due, Soule had the good sense to back away from all of that axis crap right fucking quick. Sure, it makes zero sense that the UN would just take Meds trying to kill half their representatives as a joke, but better to handwave that than to insist on the mistake.

Shame that the book is in the 24k sales near death zone ;___;

Kipp

So far this WeekendComicsGAF has been very tame. Still time, though.

My contribution is that I have a glass of wine to my left and a glass of beer to my right. Solid Saturday night.

arkon

Man, those guys on the Comic books are burning in hell podcast really didn't like the Sculptor. Now I'm almost curious enough to want to read it

I need a crash course in some DC history. I'm on the Sinestro War and I'm near the end and im on the chapter with Superboy and him growing up on Earth Prime and then the Anti-Monitor destroying it. Is this part of his past from another event I could read about. Earth Prime was an Earth that contained no Superheros?

Man, those guys on the Comic books are burning in hell podcast really didn't like the Sculptor. Now I'm almost curious enough to want to read it
"It makes Blankets look like Dark Knight Returns"
"At least, Craig Thompson is an artist, Scott McCloud desperately wants to be one"

I think I did a silent "ohhhhhhh" when I heard that. It honestly did make me curious though

I need a crash course in some DC history. I'm on the Sinestro War and I'm near the end and im on the chapter with Superboy and him growing up on Earth Prime and then the Anti-Monitor destroying it. Is this part of his past from another event I could read about. Earth Prime was an Earth that contained no Superheros?

If I recall, I think Earth Prime was destroyed waaaaay back in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I liked it. It wasn't anything earth-shattering, and the moral of the story was cliché as fuck, but it was a good read.

If I recall, I think Earth Prime was destroyed waaaaay back in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Thanks Freeza.

The art in the last few chapters of this book is jaw dropping. It's like "wow, this is an amazing double page spread", admire it and flip the page and BOOM, another jaw-dropping double page spread. Also reading to the Man of Steel soundtrack adds to the epicness.

"It makes Blankets look like Dark Knight Returns"
"At least, Craig Thompson is an artist, Scott McCloud desperately wants to be one"

I think I did a silent "ohhhhhhh" when I heard that. It honestly did make me curious though

The AV Club review ripped The Sculptor to shreds too, mainly on the grounds of how completely cliche and dated it is. And man, here's the harshest burn from the review:

"Is there a word for when talented artists succeed in proving to the world in the most embarrassing and sincere way possible that they have absolutely nothing left to say?"

Top Bottom