• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

On a sad note, the Cayman Islands police have ended their search for Norman Lee. His wife has given her final statement to the police and has departed from the island.

RIP

Oh shit. Terrible news. They were underwater when he got lost, yeah? Could have just gotten swept away by a current.

Let me know what you think of this show! I considered going, but I'm honestly not a huge fan of vitange toys.
It was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be but there were very few comics. A lot of cool toys that reminded me of my youth and stuff I owned. Very overpriced and I had the feeling a lot of it had cat piss on it from laying around some persons house for decades. Haha

That moment when you're reading Avengers Arena and Cammi goes ahead and gives Axe Bro the *exact same nickname* you were using to refer to him.

For a Battle Royale rip-off, this could be a whole lot worse.

It's LOST at its most optimal potential of greatness, no trace of all the ancient statue stuff.

Probably the most underrated comic of all time.

It's LOST at its most optimal potential of greatness, no trace of all the ancient statue stuff.

Probably the most underrated comic of all time.
Battle_royale_pochette.jpg

Avengers_Arena_01.jpg

"it's LOST"

wut.

And the most underrated comic of all time is and remains to be Avengers A.I. ;____;7

MG310

ComicsGAF Baller status reconfirmed!

That thing better be perfect at anywhere near that price though. Hopefully they'll come through with some sort of compensation.

Cheska

So Coffin Hill....not a fan. Finished both trades today and couldn't be less impressed. Picked it up due to high praise from a podcast, and I found the entire thing to be boring. I usually like stuff about witches, but the story is confusing, and I honestly don't find the main character Eve to be that great.

Would not recommend.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm reading Aquaman #37 and Arthur is in Gorilla City, they're speaking about Grodd, is this the same Grodd from the Flash?

I thought his origins were that he was a science experiment? Not from some hidden realm, and not that he eats brains for knowledge?

Am I mistaken?

So Coffin Hill....not a fan. Finished both trades today and couldn't be less impressed. Picked it up due to high praise from a podcast, and I found the entire thing to be boring. I usually like stuff about witches, but the story is confusing, and I honestly don't find the main character Eve to be that great.

Would not recommend.

I thought the first arc was okay, but I did drop it after that and never went back. Too many really good books I look forward to reading.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Whats the reading order for Red Lanterns, Green Lantern & Green Lantern Corps?

Do I read RL, then GLC and finally GL each month? Trying to catch up on all three.

I tried to find a physical copy of Descender and that thing is sold out everywhere out here. I finally found it at the 5th comic shop I visited.

I managed to find all of LOW except issue #3, which I can get digitally I guess. Everything about it looks incredible and I'm excited to start it.

Battle_royale_pochette.jpg

Avengers_Arena_01.jpg

"it's LOST"

wut.

And the most underrated comic of all time is and remains to be Avengers A.I. ;____;7

Have you read it? It's straight up LOST 100%.

Each issue is about a single charac, and each issue flashes back to their story off Arcade's island.

Have you ever seen an episode of LOST?

The show where every episode is about a single charac?

And each episode flashes back to their story off four toed island?

It was on for like six seasons! It was pretty great!

I'm reading Aquaman #37 and Arthur is in Gorilla City, they're speaking about Grodd, is this the same Grodd from the Flash?

I thought his origins were that he was a science experiment? Not from some hidden realm, and not that he eats brains for knowledge?

Am I mistaken?

In the TV show he's a science experiment and possibly mutated by the particle collider explosion but in the comics he's from Gorilla City.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Have you read it? It's straight up LOST 100%.

Each issue is about a single charac, and each issue flashes back to their story off Arcade's island.

Have you ever seen an episode of LOST?

The show where every episode is about a single charac?

And each episode flashes back to their story off four toed island?

It was on for like six seasons! It was pretty great!

The premise is Battle Royale, the execution is Lost. It's the lovechild of both. And it's an awesome book.

ThyComicList

BOOM!:
BILL AND TED'S MOST TRIUMPHANT RETURN #1 (dcbs)

DC COMICS:
ACTION COMICS #40 (dcbs)
BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT #1 (dcbs)
BATMAN ETERNAL #49 (dcbs)
F.B.P. #19

DYNAMITE:
SHAFT #4 (dcbs)

IMAGE:
SURFACE #1 (dcbs)

MARVEL:
ANT-MAN #3
HOWARD THE DUCK #1 (dcbs)
MS MARVEL #13 (dcbs)
SPIDER-GWEEN #2 (dcbs)
STAR WARS #3 (dcbs)

Whats the reading order for Red Lanterns, Green Lantern & Green Lantern Corps?

Do I read RL, then GLC and finally GL each month? Trying to catch up on all three.

They'll be numbered if they are sequential to an event. That said, generally, it's Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps and Red Lanterns.

Am I mistaken?

Before the New 52, yeah, he was depicted as a mad scientist from Gorilla City. I know the Justice League cartoon used this interpretation as well.

Post-New 52, he's their king, or ex-king, or whatever. I don't know what he is right now, I dropped The Flash after the second trade.

List of a 1000 lists

Action Comics #40
Batman Eternal #49
Constantine #23
Detective Comics Endgame #1
Earth 2 World's End #23
Green Lantern Corps #40
Justice League United #10
New 52 Futures End #45
Worlds' Finest #32

After the talk her about it yesterday, I pulled out my Death of Superman, World Without A Superman, and Return of Superman TPBs. Got through Death of and World Without. I was off on how long some stuff lasted and what not, but it was nice to re-read it. There's definitely dialog issues with it but overall I think the story still stands up.

Its kind of crazy to see where they were with the character 6 - 7 years after CoIE and this huge reboot. They really came a long way with the Superman characters in that time. It was also interesting to read stories that were more compacted. So much happens in a single issue. You compare that to now a days where everything is drawn out for the trade. Such a night and day difference.

Mafro

Finally got my Uncanny Avengers omnibus from Amazon today.

Still haven't even started my Uncanny X-Force omnibus yet.

Owzers

It doesn't seem like Marvel is running as many deals on annual Unlimited subs as they used to. :/ When is the next semi-major comic con?

Mafro

It's the best X-Men related run of all-time. Get on that horse!
I've already read it when it was first out. It's one of my favourite runs ever, just need too find the time to read it again. I've got a bunch of collections and omnibuses to get through.

Mindwipe

Comic related question following S2 E10 of Agents of Shield (yeah, I've just caught up)...

So now we know Skye is Daisy Johnson, has this been followed up in the Agents of Shield books? Are they folding the two characters together and saying Daisy's hair has got long? Do they remain separate people in 616 continuity? Or is it something to still be "fixed"?

styl3s

I tried to find a physical copy of Descender and that thing is sold out everywhere out here. I finally found it at the 5th comic shop I visited.

I managed to find all of LOW except issue #3, which I can get digitally I guess. Everything about it looks incredible and I'm excited to start it.
Lucky sob. Every shop here is out except the scumbag shop that wants $30 for it.

Cheebo

Banned
Got its own thread but what are Comic-GAF's thoughts on Valiant getting a 100 million+ investment for film/television?

Valiant Comics Plans to Launch Its Own ‘Cinematic Universe’
valiant.jpg

Valiant Entertainment has secured an eight-figure equity investment from Beijing-based DMG Entertainment, plus an additional nine figures for the production of film and TV projects. The publisher has a library of 2,000 characters, including X-O Manowar and Harbinger, and films based on the titles Bloodshot, Shadowman, and Archer & Armstrong were already in the works. Valiant says its partnership with DMG — which co-produced and co-financed Iron Man 3 — will allow it to "begin to establish its cinematic universe in the United States, China and beyond."
http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/valiant-comics-to-launch-cinematic-universe.html

tim1138

Oh shit, this is going to be Duke's book! Also, I'm pretty jacked up about this, though I'm super suspect of Bermejo's writing.

I'll probably check out the first issue, maybe Bermejo will surprise us. Did anyone check out Suiciders?

"Teenage White Kids Who All Look the Same"

Bad phrasing by CBR. Replace white with any other ethnicity and ask if its OK.

I think that quote is from Bermejo, not USA Today.

I've already read it when it was first out. It's one of my favourite runs ever, just need too find the time to read it again. I've got a bunch of collections and omnibuses to get through.

Ah, that makes sense. Even though it helps to know some of the back story of the characters, Uncanny X-Force is still the first X-Men related run I recommend for new comic fans. Might as well start off with the best, although it has the unintentional side effect of making everything you read afterward seem like crap.

"Teenage White Kids Who All Look the Same"

Bad phrasing by CBR. Replace white with any other ethnicity and ask if its OK.

That phrase stil irks me a bit. Especially when he's referring to Ferguson and saying 'It's one thing to put a hashtag on your Twitter account as a teenager and feel like you're part of something. It's a whole other thing when the shit hits the fan and you have to stand up for what you believe in.' IDK anytime a relatively inexperienced white writer says something like that, I get a bit nervous for what the story may turn out like.

Owzers

That phrase stil irks me a bit. Especially when he's referring to Ferguson and saying 'It's one thing to put a hashtag on your Twitter account as a teenager and feel like you're part of something. It's a whole other thing when the shit hits the fan and you have to stand up for what you believe in.' IDK anytime a relatively inexperienced white writer says something like that, I get a bit nervous for what the story may turn out like.

Robin Lives Matter.

Top Bottom