• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

That phrase stil irks me a bit. Especially when he's referring to Ferguson and saying 'It's one thing to put a hashtag on your Twitter account as a teenager and feel like you're part of something. It's a whole other thing when the shit hits the fan and you have to stand up for what you believe in.' IDK anytime a relatively inexperienced white writer says something like that, I get a bit nervous for what the story may turn out like.

Serious question, is Lee Bermejo a white writer?

lee-bermejo.png

All I need is Batman #1 to complete the run so far..
Plus Scott Snyder will be at C2E2 end of April love to get it signed...

.. Does anyone know who might want/be selling a copy????

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hey guys, remember when I read comics?

Magneto #8 - Still loving this book, even if the art is a little funky. I do like how he drws Mags's eyes when he's raging, with tiny pupils. Anyway, the MGH story continues, and goes in a direction I wasnt expecting.

All New X-Factor #12-13 - Also still digging this book, it has a very different vibe with the corporate angle, and I keep hoping that they do NOT go the usual "your boss is evil" angle. We'll see I guess. Nothing really happened in these 2 issues tho, felt like filler.

Silver Surfer #5 - Probably my favorite book right now, this concludes the little Lord of Nightmares arc (randomly guest starring Dr.Strange and Hulk). Anyway fun as hell as usual, but Im excited about Surfer and Dawn going back to space next issue

All New Ghost Rider #6 - If I was buying books, I would have dropped this by now, as the one thing holding it together, the art, is changed in this issue with a new artist. The enw artist tries to also be all wacky, but doesnt really suceed. Story wise, Robbie is making money stret racing and the GR spirit isnt too happy and wants to get out there and kill fools. Compeltely forgetable.

Black Widow #10 - its Natasha vs Clint, and its also probably my least favorite issue yet. It has a weird pacing with the flashbacks mixed with the current stuff, and nothing is really explained very well. Still a good book, but a low point in the seires imo, especially one involving Hawkeye

also, new Hawkguy and Superior Foes this week woot woot

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
In the TV show he's a science experiment and possibly mutated by the particle collider explosion but in the comics he's from Gorilla City.

Before the New 52, yeah, he was depicted as a mad scientist from Gorilla City. I know the Justice League cartoon used this interpretation as well.

Post-New 52, he's their king, or ex-king, or whatever. I don't know what he is right now, I dropped The Flash after the second trade.

They'll be numbered if they are sequential to an event. That said, generally, it's Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps and Red Lanterns.

Ahh, thanks guys :)

Dunbar

All-New X-Men #37
Batman Eternal #49
Detective Comics: Endgame One-Shot
Ms. Marvel #13
New Avengers #31
Southern Cross #1
Spider-Gwen #2
Star Wars #3
Surface #1
Thor #6

Pretty small week but makes up for in quality what it lacks in quantity. Hope Southern Cross and Surface are good.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
In other news, I found a copy of Captain America Comics #1 for an ok price.
So I only need Wolverines 1st appearence and I own a complete set of Marvel Milestone Editions :)

Calcium

Banned
Just started reading Y: The Last Man. I'm really enjoying it so far. Interesting stuff.

I also read "The Wake" by Scott Snyder this morning. It was decent overall. Not too sure how I feel about the ending yet, though.

Raife

I think it was Hulk 181.
Its damn expensive, I never see it under 70$ on ebay...

Where did you see it for $70? I paid almost $400 for my copy a few weeks ago. Has it come down that much?

Lil Magik is adorable.

Skottie Young does have a talent for that. I have a Silver Surfer issue where he made Galactus eating a planet look adorable. Some of his covers remind me of political cartoons with their ability to satirize with just a single image.

I have a list this week.

BATMAN ETERNAL #49 $2.99
CONSTANTINE #23 $2.99
DETECTIVE COMICS ENDGAME #1 $2.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #10 $3.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #45 (WEEKLY) $2.99
SHELTERED #15 (MR) $2.99
MS MARVEL #13 $2.99
STAR WARS #3 $3.99
RACHEL RISING #32 $3.99

My most anticipated this week is Contantine 23. It is the last issue of the Earth 2 arc which has been one of the best things I have read in the n52. It is the series finale and Ray Fawkes farewell to the character. I think anybody with just a little interest in the character should check out issues 18-23.

tim1138

I think it was Hulk 181.
Its damn expensive, I never see it under 70$ on ebay...

I remember back in the day it being debated if it was 180 or 181, but I hadn't thought much about it until your post. I feel like Gambit had an equally questionable first appearance as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Three weeks over and I still dont have my Spider-Gwen Issue... I already payed in advance for it... Seems like a Pull list makes everything broken :(

Messi

Twist: then you get banned.

You really should not post that nsfw Harley pics.

I am offended that you think I view Harley like that. Have some respect. How shallow do you think I am? don't answer that.

List of an upstanding gentleman:

Batman Eternal #49
Klarion #6
Shutter #10
Southern Cross #1
All New X-Men #37
Amazing Spider-man #16
Ant Man #3
Captain Marvel #13
Deadpool #43
Guardians Team up #3
Howard the duck #1
Miles Morales #11
Ms Marvel #13
Silver Surfer #10
Spider Gwen #2
Spider-Man and the X-Men #4
Thor #6

Screen_Shot_2012-09-13_at_9.39.39_AM.png

Bii

hey guys, remember when I read comics?

Shi-... my backlog is piling up. Only because I haven't gone out and buy some bag/boards. I bag/board my comics so that I know I've read it. :/

Went to a con yesterday in Tulare, CA and added these two sketches to my book. The first is by Christopher Cayco and the other is Caleb Paullus. Finally got some full body sketches as oppose to just head shots. I tried to get more than two sketches (seems like that's how many I get with each con I've been to in the past year), but it just wasn't going to happen. I took a few short video clips that I might string together for the heck of it. If I do, I'll post it up.

Raife

Its the standard prize on ebay. I actualy dont see it over 100$, unless there is a Stan Lee signature on it or something like this.

XdvUF3il.jpg

This is a picture of my copy.

Just went back and reread your other post. I think I read the Hulk 181 and didn't understand that Marvel Milestones was a series of reprints. I thought you meant there were a collective group of comics referred to as "marvel milestones" unless I'm mistaken again. I did an ebay search and this is listed from $300-$12,000 depending on condition.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
XdvUF3il.jpg

This is a picture of my copy.

Just went back and reread your other post. I think I read the Hulk 181 and didn't understand that Marvel Milestones was a series of reprints. I thought you meant there were a collective group of comics referred to as "marvel milestones" unless I'm mistaken again. I did an ebay search and this is listed from $300-$12,000 depending on condition.
Yeah, I mean the reprint series :D Original comics from back then are a bit tooo expensive... Unless I get hands on a guy who doesnt know what he is selling.

Raife

Yeah, I mean the reprint series :D Original comics from back then are a bit tooo expensive... Unless I get hands on a guy who doesnt know what he is selling.

Haha. I saw your price and thought I got ripped off with the book I bought. I did some research on prices before I bought it but I wasn't super thorough. It's just a book I've wanted since I found comics when I was a kid. I got pretty fortunate with a guy that just wanted to sell his stuff before he moves. It's in really good condition for the price he was asking.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm reading through New X-Men right now, and somebody please tell me that Igor Kordey was ejected into space after his abominable fecal-like art ruined these excellent issues of Morrison's X-Men.

Cheska

Lil Magik is adorable. As is Rogue.
Omg that Phoenix though!! :(

I haven't been reading as many comics because I've been pulled away by Sailor Moon manga ._.

And I'm kicking myself for not preordering the Phoenix statue by XM studios after seeing how expensive after market prices are ;_;

I'm reading through New X-Men right now, and somebody please tell me that Igor Kordey was ejected into space after his abominable fecal-like art ruined these excellent issues of Morrison's X-Men.

In his defense, I'm pretty sure was called up to do fill-ins and knocked some of those issues out in a couple of days while he was drawing a different book

and shit, Ethan Van Sciver is still on earth even after those and his McCarthy stanning

Top Bottom