• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Messi

Messi, you should do some Rhaknar-style posts to walk us through your reading of The Walking Dead... I'd love to be able to witness your reactions to the shit you're about to experience.

I should totally do that. But I am nowhere near as fast as him.

Zombine

Banned
I really need to catch up... I think the last one I read was #136 (so I'm only 1 issues behind until Wednesday?).

Zombine,
are they doing some Romeo & Juliet shit with Carl and Lydia?
(Walking Dead Vol 23 spoilers)

I think I'll have to read it tonight. Plus then I can finish up Rachel Rising Vol 1.

Lol yup. They so are. The only difference is that
Lydia is a freak and Carl will just kill you if you get in his way of locking that shit down.

I hope so, because
the book really needs some kind of reboot. Of course, don't kill off everyone... Just Rick, Michonne, etc. etc. If they made Carl become Negan's new protoge, and Lydia as Carl's waifu, amazing things could happen.

I figured that their intentions are
to kill off everyone except the new group, that girl Magus or whatever the hell her name is, and there will be another time jump where Carl & Lydia are these villains that are worse than the Governor could ever hope of being.

You know how Kirkman is though...it could be a bait and switch. Or they could just eat a ham like that one issue.

fauxtrot

Banned
Has Kirkman ever hinted at an end for The Walking Dead comic? I wonder if all that TV money / pressure from AMC would keep him from doing
another time skip
. (Walking Dead Vol 22 spoiler)

I feel like he'll just keep milking the series indefinitely though, which at this point I don't mind, seeing that he's still doing great things with it.

Zombine

Banned
Has Kirkman ever hinted at an end for The Walking Dead? I wonder if all that TV money would keep him from doing
another time skip
. (Walking Dead Vol 22 spoiler)

I feel like he'll just keep milking the series indefinitely though, which at this point I don't mind, seeing that he's still doing great things with it.

I think he said that its only something like 25% done, and that he does have an ending. You're basically going to be reading it till the dude dies.

fauxtrot

Banned
I think he said that its only something like 25% done, and that he does have an ending. You're basically going to be reading it till the dude dies.

Someone call Brandon Sanderson and get him prepped so he can finish the last 3 arcs when Kirkman dies before he finishes the series.

edit - Even if he's only half way through and never hands the series off to another writer (which he'd never do, I'm sure), would that make the series the longest running comic from a single author? Does anyone know if this record exists and who/what holds it?

fauxtrot

Banned
Luckily Saga sells so well, otherwise I could see Fiona Staples get tapped for greater things and have to make the smart financial decision to leave the book.

You know how Kirkman is though...it could be a bait and switch. Or they could just eat a ham like that one issue.

Well, hams are pretty delicious.

I think people might actually get bored before then. Issue #250 is a nice place to shoot for.

Someone call Brandon Sanderson and get him prepped so he can finish the last 3 arcs when Kirkman dies before he finishes the series.

Ha ha, I always make that joke in regards to George R.R. Martin. Sanderson is nuts. Last year he posted what was basically a roadmap of what he wants to do with his writing career, and he's planning all these series and sequels to books he's already written. I'm not sure if he does anything but write.

I think Saga will eventually end.

Everything will eventually end. :p

Messi

1515206_1643863889175788_1493882468_n.jpg

I shall buy this book just for Skotties art.

edit - Even if he's only half way through and never hands the series off to another writer (which he'd never do, I'm sure), would that make the series the longest running comic from a single author? Does anyone know if this record exists and who/what holds it?

Dave Sims' 300 issues of Cerebus is the king of the hill. If Walking Dead comes out monthly Kirkman could take the belt in 16 years or so.

ComicGAF, I need you.

So, I'm part of a group that's doing a presentation on indie comics. These were the books that we came up with:

Sex
Sex Criminals
Saga
Rat Queens
Spawn
Translucid
Knucklehead

Everyone's got three books each, and (at this point) the only one left is Sex Criminals - which I'm doing. I need two extra books. Help!

(Also, I'd already done a mini-presentation on indie books and did Wicked + The Divine, and Deadly Class.)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Shi-... my backlog is piling up. Only because I haven't gone out and buy some bag/boards. I bag/board my comics so that I know I've read it. :/

Went to a con yesterday in Tulare, CA and added these two sketches to my book. The first is by Christopher Cayco and the other is Caleb Paullus. Finally got some full body sketches as oppose to just head shots. I tried to get more than two sketches (seems like that's how many I get with each con I've been to in the past year), but it just wasn't going to happen. I took a few short video clips that I might string together for the heck of it. If I do, I'll post it up.

Those are both super awesome.

Honestly? Good. I read Scalped Deluxe vol 1 which was amazing, I worked on a book, got fired from my entertainment job, and bought a lot of shit.

Wait, what!? That sucks, man. Sorry to hear that.

In other news, WOO YOU'RE BACK. Bout time.

And also, is this your first time reading Scalped?

Zombine

Banned
Wait, what!? That sucks, man. Sorry to hear that.

In other news, WOO YOU'RE BACK. Bout time.

And also, is this your first time reading Scalped?

First time ever! It blows my mind. At first I wasn't sure about the premise, but once you find out
he's undercover
the book just explodes.

In regards to my radio job...I have no idea. I'm either fired or I got a promotion.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Comic GAF question?

Im gonna decorate my room and i really want a clayton crain silver surfer poster.
tdGp1LR.jpg

Anyone know where i could get one?

Messi

ComicGAF, I need you.

So, I'm part of a group that's doing a presentation on indie comics. These were the books that we came up with:

Sex
Sex Criminals
Saga
Rat Queens
Spawn
Translucid
Knucklehead

Everyone's got three books each, and (at this point) the only one left is Sex Criminals - which I'm doing. I need two extra books. Help!

(Also, I'd already done a mini-presentation on indie books and did Wicked + The Divine, and Deadly Class.)

Saga and Rat Queens obviously. :) Especially Saga

Oh different books. Stuff like American Vampire doesn't count? How about Strangers in Paradise or Chew? Anyone take Walking Dead?

Comic GAF question?

Im gonna decorate my room and i really want a clayton crain silver surfer poster.
tdGp1LR.jpg

Anyone know where i could get one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Surf...980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4f07ab64

ComicGAF, I need you.

God Hates Astronauts would be an amazing choice.

tim1138

ComicGAF, I need you.

Sex
Sex Criminals
Saga
Rat Queens
Spawn
Translucid
Knucklehead

Manhattan Projects and God Hates Astronauts

ComicGAF, I need you.

Sex
Sex Criminals
Saga
Rat Queens
Spawn
Translucid
Knucklehead

Six Gun Gorilla and I Kill Giants

Shit, you guys came through in a big way.

I'm gonna ask if I can do American Vampire. If I get the yes I'll do that, Sex Criminals, and God Hates Astronauts (which I think is gonna kill). If not, I'm picking Six Gun Gorilla. Or Satellite Sam.

Does anyone remember the name of the Marvel comic that came out a few years ago that had all those monster versions of characters like a 6 arm venom Spider-Man and I think Frankencastle? Was it Dark Avengers or maybe Thunderbolts? It came out around the time they were doing that whole "Heroic Age" branding in 2010

Screw Secret Wars. When is Marvel going to start hyping up All New Marvel in September?

When Age of Ultron comes out and makes a billion dollars opening weekend so they can proudly announce the story continues in the pages of All-New Marvel in September with All-New Avengers written by Joss Whedon and the Gamora book by the writer of the GOTG movie.

ComicGAF, I need you.

Sex
Sex Criminals
Saga
Rat Queens
Spawn
Translucid
Knucklehead

What themes or what point are you going for the indies? Time, era, themes?

I'd go with strangers in paradise. One of the strongest 90 indies ever. Another legacy indie is Cerebus

Or are you going for fav current indies?

barrin87

Finally got the last IST order in the mail today so I figured I'd put all my unread books in a single pile. Yeah, I think I need to get to reading these before I buy any more.

1hc5yvd.jpg

Messi

Finally got the last IST order in the mail today so I figured I'd put all my unread books in a single pile. Yeah, I think I need to get to reading these before I buy any more.

1hc5yvd.jpg

God damn, that is some order. Some incredible books in there. Baller purchase.

Calcium

Banned
It's more like parts of multiple purchase thankfully. Apparently when I get into a new hobby I go all in.

Haha, I did the same thing. If that stack shifts and falls on you there is a real possibility that you could be trapped for days. Keep a phone close by. Safety first, kids.

Owzers

I'm trying to get through King City as my next reading project but i'm not enjoying it despite my love of Graham's whimsical art style. The plot's not there after 97 pages and i'm not invested.

1hc5yvd.jpg

What are those 3 Dark Horse books above Sandman? Looks like some kind of Serenity collections?

Top Bottom