• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

barrin87

Haha, I did the same thing. If that stack shifts and falls on you there is a real possibility that you could be trapped for days. Keep a phone close by. Safety first, kids.

There are worse ways to go I suppose.

What are those 3 Dark Horse books above Sandman? Looks like some kind of Serenity collections?

Yeah, the three books above and the tiny gap where you can't really see anything are the four Serenity books.

Finally got the last IST order in the mail today so I figured I'd put all my unread books in a single pile. Yeah, I think I need to get to reading these before I buy any more. Enjoy

1hc5yvd.jpg
Great collection. I've read all of those except sculptor.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kipp |OT|
I really want to rewatch Donnie Darko. And I'm on another Coen Brothers kick. What are comics again?
Also, piano tuning is officially my new exciting hobby. And possibly my new exciting career? We will see.

First time ever! It blows my mind. At first I wasn't sure about the premise, but once you find out
he's undercover
the book just explodes.

In regards to my radio job...I have no idea. I'm either fired or I got a promotion.

Dude YES. I kind of forgot that was actually a reveal, but now that you mentioned it, I remember that absolutely blowing my mind.
Scalped is so insanely good. Definitely gonna pick up all the OHCs and do a reread when they all finish coming out.

And good luck with that. Hopefully things work out one way or another. At least you've got your boring daytime job. Still sucks though.

I haven't read I Kill Giants. But SGG is incredible.

You haven't read I Kill Giants? You particularly would love IKG. Without a doubt.

THE-SHAOLIN-COWBOY-FEATURE.png

I need this in my life.

I've had my eyes on that too. I've seen pages from that series here and there and the Darrow is as good as ever.
Zombies and violence aren't really my thing, but amazing Geof Darrow art and Dark Horse hardcovers are my thing. I'm sure at one point it'll end up in an IST order.

frye

I'm trying to get through King City as my next reading project but i'm not enjoying it despite my love of Graham's whimsical art style. The plot's not there after 97 pages and i'm not invested.

Man, King City's about meeting up with old friends, obsessing over ex-girlfriends, chilling out with your cat, and coming back home after a long time away you spent growing up, the plot literally doesn't matter.

Kipp

Man, King City's about meeting up with old friends, obsessing over ex-girlfriends, chilling out with your cat, and coming back home after a long time away you spent growing up, the plot literally doesn't matter.

Sounds like a Coen Brothers movie.
Would read.

Owzers

It's like a movie i'd never rent because it seems too sentimental and boring.

I'm never seeing Boyhood. Ever.

frye

It's like a movie i'd never rent because it seems too sentimental and boring.

I'm never seeing Boyhood. Ever.

I don't think it's that sentimental (or at least, the cloying kind of sentimentalism that I find annoying) at all, more like... low key. It's just a really chill book imo

Owzers

I don't think it's that sentimental (or at least, the cloying kind of sentimentalism that I find annoying) at all, more like... low key. It's just a really chill book imo

I can sense the chillness, it's like a long walk around a quiet town ( mainly because there are a lot of pages walking around town), way too meandering for me without any strong character interaction so far.

Kipp

I can sense the chillness, it's like a long walk around a quiet town ( mainly because there are a lot of pages walking around town), way too meandering for me without any strong character interaction so far.

I also love long walks around quit towns. For the first time, sillymonkey is really convincing me to read a comic book.

Avengers Undercover

Like. Ok. Comics are stupid, i get it. Teenage comics, even more so.

But really. Shield dropping down with necros 5 seconds after Arcade is fried? Really? Come on, man. Ffs

Ah fuckit, at least Zemo got swag.

Bendis AMA was earlier today.

Did we all forget to ask our questions?

Here's some highlights:

liamquane asked: What is your favorite film of the Marvel Universe and Why?

BrianMichaelBendis: I really like Capt. America Winter soldier. it just hits my soft spots.

RonFett asked: Has the forthcoming Secret Wars altered your original direction for Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man or is everything unfolding the way you intended? I'm asking because Secret Wars is going to be starting soon yet there are lots of plot points in Ultimate Spider-Man that haven't even been touched on yet (like the Spider-Man twins). LOVE your work by the way. :)

BrianMichaelBendis: We have a few more issues to go so stay tuned and I've known about secret wars for years. literally. you just heard about it but we've been planning for a long time.

Ianras asked: Are you going to revise Fortune and Glory now that you have seen what a completed movie/tv project looks like from beginning to end?

BrianMichaelBendis: I don't think I would ever revise it but the sequel may be in order.

carletonseth asked: What are your favourite books you are currently reading?

BrianMichaelBendis: Lazarus, bitch planet, demon, sex criminals, Casanova, the wicked and the divine, trees, shaft.

RyanMHolt asked: Cannot wait for Powers!!! What ever happened to Peter trying to track down 616-Miles that was teased at the end of Spider-Men? Has that been shelved or will it be explored in the future? Do you think Spider-Gwen will eventually have the legacy that Ultimate Spider-Man has now?

BrianMichaelBendis: spider-men 2 is still very much a thing. keep an eye in the sky. its a big year for reveals with marvel's secret war coming. as far as spider-gwen, only time will tell. but i wish every creator the complete joy we have has with USM. sincerely.

dayofthedead204 asked: Hi Brian, Thanks for doing this ama, I’m a huge fan! I have three questions: I’ve heard you’re a fan of Alan Moore’s work – what are your top three favorite titles he’s written? When will we find out who is Miles Morales in the main Marvel Universe that was hinted at the end of “Spider-Men?” This is a little off topic but what do you think about The Transformers franchise? Do you have a favorite Transformer? Thanks Brian!

BrianMichaelBendis: Promethea, the league of extraordinary gentlemen century books, and the last Superman story. yes. never been much of a Transformers person. that has eluded me. and the movies don't help, do they? :) but if you get a chance to watch the Transformers movies with RiffTrax... perfection

Lucky sob. Every shop here is out except the scumbag shop that wants $30 for it.
Oh wow. I thought it being out of stock everywhere might be a fluke but that's kind of crazy.

I actually bought two, one for me and one for a friend that I wanted to read it. I would have grabbed more copies for GAFers if I knew.

I just finished
4mL2je0.jpg

Soooo good.

I also read #1 of Silk, Spider-Gwen and Hawkeye. I loved Silk and Hawkeye but I don't care much for Spider-Gwen. Her costume is legit but everything else was just boring...I may give it a second chance but I don't get the hype.

Now it's time to read Descender and Halogen.

arkon

Cleaned up on the gaps in the Wally west run.

everyone should pick up the Waid & Johns run of Flash. The pinnacles of the character.

What transformer trades are worth checking out? I did snag the humble bundle this weekend

More Than Meets The Eye Volume 1 and Last Stand of the Wreckers. You might already have the material from MTMTE vol. 1 though if you got the humble bundle, I didn't pay enough attention to it to know for sure.

Hi all!
Long time GAF member, first time venturing out of gaming member here!

During a quiet spell at work I thought to myself 'There must be some form of comics thread here on GAF' and lo and behold, here you all are lurking away!

I was massive comics fan as a kid but slowly got out of it as I progressed to the more Top Shelf/Kochalka side of comics but a couple of years ago I had a resurgence a couple of years ago when an ACTUAL comic shop opened in my city.

The downside is that said comic shop is now closing it's doors due to the proprietor of the building wanting the space back. So I'm going to have to arrange subs via post.

Just to give you guys an idea of what I'm into, here's my March subs list:

MARVEL

ALL-NEW X-MEN
GUARDIANS TEAM-UP
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
NOVA
LEGENDARY STAR-LORD
ALL-NEW HAWKEYE
HOWARD THE DUCK
SPIDER-MAN 2099
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
SILK
SPIDER-GWEN
GUARDIANS 3000
ROCKET RACCOON
THANOS VS. HULK
UNCANNY AVENGERS
AVENGERS
NEW AVENGERS
AVENGERS WORLD
INHUMAN
THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL
ANT-MAN
HULK
BLACK WIDOW
MS. MARVEL
MAGNETO
UNCANNY X-MEN
CYCLOPS
DEADPOOL

DC
THE NEW 52: FUTURES END
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED
BATMAN ETERNAL
BATMAN
GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT
SWAMP THING

CHRONONAUTS
DESCENDER
BLACK SCIENCE
THE DYING AND THE DEAD
EAST OF WEST
LOW
DEADLY CLASS
THE FADE OUT
NAMELESS
WYTCHES

I'm a sucker for anything by Jeff Lemire/Rick Remender/Jonathan Hickman etc!
I look forward to hanging out with you guys moving forward!

Welcome, basic_text! What is your opinion of Frank Quitely?

In all fairness, I haven't read too much of his! The only ones that immediately spring to mind are All Star Superman, New X-men & We3 (enjoyed all of them!).

Welcome basic_text, sorry to hear about your LCS, DCBS might interest you.

Oh, I think I have my replacement lined up, it's OK Comics in Leeds. I'm just waiting for the June solicits to hit so that I can send over my list. Looks like I'll be spending quite the amount on postage though!

Three weeks over and I still dont have my Spider-Gwen Issue... I already payed in advance for it... Seems like a Pull list makes everything broken :(

That really sucks..
I'm a bit annoyed with my LCS right now,, I only pull 5-10 books for them now (mainly dcbs), I go in there last Wednesday excited mainly about Rat Queens,,

I'm like,, Yo!, where my Rat Queens at?
"Well mike was helping me pull all the books for customers and was saying how he wished he didn't drop rat queens and wanted to check it out.. so I sold him that ONE copy of Rat Queens that I get in for your sub.. I forgot it was for you and ill have one in 2 - 3 weeks..

Just pissed me off, little shit like that is why I keep getting more n more books from dcbs,,, ya jackass..

Ok im done with my rant now lol

wetflame

Pizza Dog
In all fairness, I haven't read too much of his! The only ones that immediately spring to mind are All Star Superman, New X-men & We3 (enjoyed all of them!).

Oh, I think I have my replacement lined up, it's OK Comics in Leeds. I'm just waiting for the June solicits to hit so that I can send over my list. Looks like I'll be spending quite the amount on postage though!

Another Brit, awesome.Glad you've managed to work out an replacement store, when I moved from Manchester to London I ended up dropping floppies almost entirely in favour of digital as it was so much of a hassle to get to central London to buy them, plus I got a Nexus 7 and so I just read on that.

Another Brit, awesome.Glad you've managed to work out an replacement store, when I moved from Manchester to London I ended up dropping floppies almost entirely in favour of digital as it was so much of a hassle to get to central London to buy them, plus I got a Nexus 7 and so I just read on that.

Yeah, I'm tempted to go digital. I buy a fair bit from Comixology when they have sales but I begrudge paying the same price for a digital copy when I know I get a free digital copy with my Marvel print copies.

This is probably a sign of me getting old, but I also find that reading on a digital device makes me far sleepier than print! Weird peas!

arkon

You might want to have a look at http://economic-comics.co.uk/ also, seeing as you're based in England(?). I've been using them for a while

good answer

ah, having a Nexus 7 is a big part of why i can't go all digital. i gotta have the full page experience and that tablet's just a bit too small

wetflame

Pizza Dog
ah, having a Nexus 7 is a big part of why i can't go all digital. i gotta have the full page experience and that tablet's just a bit too small

I hear that, I definitely would appreciate a bigger sized screen. I have an hour commute on the train to work though, so I like having something small enough to carry with me so I can read during that time.

Mindwipe

Cleaned up on the gaps in the Wally west run.

everyone should pick up the Waid & Johns run of Flash. The pinnacles of the character.

What transformer trades are worth checking out? I did snag the humble bundle this weekend

Is Flash:Rebirth actually any good? I forget if people liked it outside of the anger about dumping Wally.

If you just bought the TF Humble Bundle you should definitely buy Last Stand of the Wreckers in the CMX sale. In fact you should read it first, ideally. It's by the same writer as MTMTE.

Spotlight Volume 1 is also okay - it's a collection of one off issues, but they were the first introduction for several important characters in your HB deal in this continuity. They're not essential, but some are nice little character pieces that will explain some references.

Is Flash:Rebirth actually any good? I forget if people liked it outside of the anger about dumping Wally.

If you just bought the TF Humble Bundle you should definitely buy Last Stand of the Wreckers in the CMX sale. In fact you should read it first, ideally. It's by the same writer as MTMTE.

Spotlight Volume 1 is also okay - it's a collection of one off issues, but they were the first introduction for several important characters in your HB deal in this continuity. They're not essential, but some are nice little character pieces that will explain some references.
flash rebirth is ok but not the best

arkon

Excellent, thanks for the heads up!
What day do they typically send the comics out and when do you receive them? There's very little price difference between 1st and 2nd class so I'd go 1st.

Depends what frequency you have the orders set at and when you pay for it. Mine is 1st class and weekly. They typically send emails out at some point on Tuesday to say the books are in and ready to be paid for. I usually pay the same day and the books are dispatched by Wednesday. Normally get them by Friday, sometimes Thursday if I'm lucky or have paid quickly enough.

Depends what frequency you have the orders set at and when you pay for it. Mine is 1st class and weekly. They typically send emails out at some point on Tuesday to say the books are in and ready to be paid for. I usually pay the same day and the books are dispatched by Wednesday. Normally get them by Friday, sometimes Thursday if I'm lucky or have paid quickly enough.

Just what I was after! I've been spoilt by being able to walk in on a weekly basis and get them on a Wednesday.

Messi

Welcome to our community Basic. You pull some great books. Sorry to hear about your store closing. That sucks.

How do you feel about Harley Quinn?

Welcome to our community Basic. You pull some great books. Sorry to hear about your store closing. That sucks.

How do you feel about Harley Quinn?

In all honesty, not a fan I'm afraid. I can tolerate her in other titles but I don't think I could stomach her in an original title. I was a fan of her back in the original Batman Animated Series though!

tim1138

Hi all!
Long time GAF member, first time venturing out of gaming member here!

During a quiet spell at work I thought to myself 'There must be some form of comics thread here on GAF' and lo and behold, here you all are lurking away!

I was massive comics fan as a kid but slowly got out of it as I progressed to the more Top Shelf/Kochalka side of comics but a couple of years ago I had a resurgence a couple of years ago when an ACTUAL comic shop opened in my city.

The downside is that said comic shop is now closing it's doors due to the proprietor of the building wanting the space back. So I'm going to have to arrange subs via post.

Just to give you guys an idea of what I'm into, here's my March subs list:

MARVEL

ALL-NEW X-MEN
GUARDIANS TEAM-UP
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
NOVA
LEGENDARY STAR-LORD
ALL-NEW HAWKEYE
HOWARD THE DUCK
SPIDER-MAN 2099
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
SILK
SPIDER-GWEN
GUARDIANS 3000
ROCKET RACCOON
THANOS VS. HULK
UNCANNY AVENGERS
AVENGERS
NEW AVENGERS
AVENGERS WORLD
INHUMAN
THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL
ANT-MAN
HULK
BLACK WIDOW
MS. MARVEL
MAGNETO
UNCANNY X-MEN
CYCLOPS
DEADPOOL

DC
THE NEW 52: FUTURES END
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED
BATMAN ETERNAL
BATMAN
GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT
SWAMP THING

CHRONONAUTS
DESCENDER
BLACK SCIENCE
THE DYING AND THE DEAD
EAST OF WEST
LOW
DEADLY CLASS
THE FADE OUT
NAMELESS
WYTCHES

I'm a sucker for anything by Jeff Lemire/Rick Remender/Jonathan Hickman etc!
I look forward to hanging out with you guys moving forward!

A Hickman fan, but you're not pulling Manhattan Projects? For shame!

Raife

It's ok Messi. I like Harley Quinn
...from the animated series. ;-)

What's the best series with her now. I read her colo series form the early 2000s and Gotham City Sirens. My friend has been trying to get me to read the New 52 Suicide Squad book with her in it for a while now.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

What's the best series with her now. I read her colo series form the early 2000s and Gotham City Sirens. My friend has been trying to get me to read the New 52 Suicide Squad book with her in it for a while now.

Friends don't let other friends read new52 Suicide Squad. Ask them why they're angry with you.

Messi

That is no friend.

Read her solo series from Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner. It is currently running and is fantastic upbeat hijinks and is closer to old harley than they have been in some time. I am not saying it is old Harley but this book has no interest in being grimdark like Suicide Squad. It about Harley and her cast of characters having fun. If you enjoyed jimmy and amandas Power Girl you will love this. It even has a 3 issue crossover.

Top Bottom