• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

From the Solicits

"Meet Darkseid’s daughter – a mysterious force of evil with a bizarre connection to the Justice League! " FINALLY!

When was Vibe #1 and her first hinted at published?

tim1138

From the Solicits

"Meet Darkseid’s daughter – a mysterious force of evil with a bizarre connection to the Justice League! " FINALLY!

When was Vibe #1 and her first hinted at published?

She was first mentioned in JL 5 or 6 I believe. I honestly forgot all about that (and thought DC did too).

PsychBat!

Banned
8OGsC7B.png
The train keeps going.

Zombine

Banned
LOL

I'm sad that I was the one to post this on here despite not being a fan of Carol and her lack of personality.

I'm not necessarily going to comment on the quality of the book, because we have a few fans of KSD's new run, but I do think that it's sort of gross to explicitly name drop their fan base on the cover to prop up sales.

Messi

I'm not necessarily going to comment on the quality of the book, because we have a few fans of KSD's new run, but I do think that it's sort of gross to explicitly name drop their fan base on the cover to prop up sales.

Do you think it will help though?

The Carol corps are the only ones buying it so I doubt it.

I have no problem with them name dropping the fans to try and drum up support. Plus I like the name. The book needs all the help it can get right now.

Where are you seeing that?

Its in the story Cheska

frye

This is a great encapsulation of King City. It's just beautifully cartooned chill comix, coupled with clever writing and a lot of subtle life. There's a lot going on in the background, in the city, that could be easily missed if you're not hanging out on the page.

Yeah, totally. There's very few cartoonists who have convinced me that what they're drawing is an actual city (Otomo and Darrow immediately pop to mind) but I think Graham is definitely one of them.

She was first mentioned in JL 5 or 6 I believe. I honestly forgot all about that (and thought DC did too).

From those first 6 issues I always thought the plan was that Pandora was the daughter, which they later abandoned in favour of the weird Trinity thing (that still isn't a trinity??)

Peru

Namedropping the Carol Corps is a pretty sweet trick - I like how they put it, trying to reflect the diversity of the fan base.

LOL

I'm sad that I was the one to post this on here despite not being a fan of Carol and her lack of personality.

There's no lack of personality. Lack of story, big moments, exciting arcs - perhaps, but her personality is drawn out with great nuance.

I'd read Uncanny Batman. The Amazing Robin as well.

Also the Avengers United and Avengers of America. Also Howard The Duck 3000.

This was the name of the old UK reprints book.

Then it was Avengers Unconquered (I really like this as a name), Avengers Assembled and now Avengers Universe. And despite being called Avengers Universe, they are not printing the Hickman stuff, at least not yet.

From those first 6 issues I always thought the plan was that Pandora was the daughter, which they later abandoned in favour of the weird Trinity thing (that still isn't a trinity??)

Question, Pandora, and Phantom Stranger make up that trinity, and they've had their own ongoing for a couple of months.

Darkseid war sounds hype. JL is getting a bit big if Scott (and by extension Barda) are on board. Luthor and Cold will probably be dropped though.

Zombine

Banned
This was the name of the old UK reprints book.

Then it was Avengers Unconquered (I really like this as a name), Avengers Assembled and now Avengers Universe. And despite being called Avengers Universe, they are not printing the Hickman stuff, at least not yet.

The superior Avengers are still being treated like second class citizens in the UK.

PsychBat!

Banned
There's no lack of personality. Lack of story, big moments, exciting arcs - perhaps, but her personality is drawn out with great nuance.
I think lack of personality was a little harsh.
I think she doesn't have a very exciting one. Or at least interesting to the masses.

Because we all know Marvel holds the exclusive patent on branding things as "all-new."

Not at all. It just seems like they're copying the competition a little too blatantly. They couldn't even be bothered to come up with something of their own? Really? How far behind is Alll-New, All-Different Justice League? Amazing Green Lantern?

Not at all. It just seems like they're copying the competition a little too blatantly. They couldn't even be bothered to come up with something of their own? Really? How far behind is Alll-New, All-Different Justice League? Amazing Green Lantern?

This is starting to sound like when people got pissed at Sony/Fox for using the Marvel logo in their movies.

I think lack of personality was a little harsh.
I think she doesn't have a very exciting one. Or at least interesting to the masses.

Carol is blander than a rock. That is the problem. They need to get a writer who will make her interesting and KSD is not that person.

Another problem is how KSD's Carol is totally different than every other writer's Carol.

The superior Avengers are still being treated like second class citizens in the UK.

I flick through it, and in the letters every month there is at least one that has "I hear this Infinity stuff is pretty good, are we getting it in this book?" which is followed by instant denial and "You can buy it in trades that we also make! Aren't we great?"

They printed the Mighty Avengers tie-in though, completely out of context. That fucking Land art, my god, it looks even worse in print.

...prop up sales from the people already buying the book?

You do know that its still just titled Batman right? and the All-New was just a comment from the writer?

*edit*

Nevermind then.

Messi

I was thinking the same thing, y'all are assuming they're buying the book and not just reading scans online.

I buy it every month :( . I even tried to buy some art for it online but its all done digitally.

I am a Carol Corps member :(

Don't take my book away from me Marvel.

Constantine 23

http://www.comicmonsters.com/item-9477-Constantine_23_preview.html

Never thought I'd say this but I'm most excited about reading Constantine this week. This last arc has been phenomenal - on par with the best arcs of Hellblazer.

Thank you! It's my most anticipated book this week also. It has been Ray Fawkes masterpiece.

I have a list this week.

BATMAN ETERNAL #49 $2.99
CONSTANTINE #23 $2.99
DETECTIVE COMICS ENDGAME #1 $2.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #10 $3.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #45 (WEEKLY) $2.99
SHELTERED #15 (MR) $2.99
MS MARVEL #13 $2.99
STAR WARS #3 $3.99
RACHEL RISING #32 $3.99

My most anticipated this week is Contantine 23. It is the last issue of the Earth 2 arc which has been one of the best things I have read in the n52. It is the series finale and Ray Fawkes farewell to the character. I think anybody with just a little interest in the character should check out issues 18-23.

#OneLastTrick

I got my sex crimz Becky cloonan poster on Friday

It's beautiful and I need a nice frame for it.

I also read wicked and divine and wow. Loved it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Did you read Silk? I really liked that and went in with low expectations. I liked it more than Gwen #1. Both have promising starts.
Still havent got a hand on this book, bot even on a digital code :/

When I am ordering the next time a book at my shop, I will include it in the order.

I am especially curious for this one, since I like Silk not that much... But I heard that its not the worst Spider-Family book. I really need to read it.

Messi

Still havent got a hand on this book, bot even on a digital code :/

When I am ordering the next time a book at my shop, I will include it in the order.

I am especially curious for this one, since I like Silk not that much... But I heard that its not the worst Spider-Family book. I really need to read it.

Well for one is tries to give her some character and it has a few nice moments in it. Can't wait to see where it goes from here. I absolutely adore the art.

Top Bottom