• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

ReAxion

comics feels are some of the best feels even when they hurt

e:

There's a large-ish update to Marvel Unlimited on iOS.

Support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and other things.

Zombine

Banned
Didn't you just call tumblr home to the corniest people on the internet like recently

Lol well it's not a lie...Tumblr is kind of corny. All the sappy gifs and shit are freaking dreadful.

Tumblr's biggest strength is that it's very inclusive. There are outliers on the site (like anywhere), but I do love that there is a lot of love and acceptance of others on there. Take a look at Sophia who came out as Trans, she was met with overwhelming support and enthusiasm for her choice, and that is wicked badass. It's a great venue to get in touch with fans and to see what's coming next from your favorite creators, but what I love the most are
all of those anonymous dick picks my girlfriend gets.

ReAxion

Lol well it's not a lie...Tumblr is kind of corny. All the sappy gifs and shit are freaking dreadful.

Tumblr's biggest strength is that it's very inclusive. There are outliers on the site (like anywhere), but I do love that there is a lot of love and acceptance of others on there. Take a look at Sophia who came out as Trans, she was met with overwhelming support and enthusiasm for her choice, and that is wicked badass. It's a great venue to get in touch with fans and to see what's coming next from your favorite creators, but what I love the most are

tumblr_nl0joq3dB91rz6qqno1_500.jpg

Couldn’t write satire this great.

Heh.

Starman #2-#5: This continues to be great. I like that there doesn't seem to be a defined arc structure, the story is just continuous. Maybe that will change later. Will enjoy it while it lasts.

1)
The gateway to heaven red herring - Loved that the plot point was just resolved by Jack saying "sure, I'll sell it."

2)
The issue in gray-scale with Jack and his David was awesome.

3) The art continues to be all sorts of amazing.

DC To Offer Free 8-Page Previews of ALL 49 Relaunch Titles, 'Canon' Gets Nod Over Continuity

But DiDio also stressed that a line-wide crossover is not in the cards at this point.

“The last thing we want to do right now is cross over a bunch of books while we’re letting them form and shape and find their audience,” he said. “We spoke to the creators and we told everyone we’re giving them some running room to establish themselves and establish the books.”

Hope they can live up to that.

I don't even disagree with the bolded that much, and ship/fandom stuff idc about at all, but people talk about tumblr like it's the worst place in the world with the worst people, home of the dreaded ~sjw~

Zombine

Banned
I don't even disagree with the bolded that much, and ship/fandom stuff idc about at all, but people talk about tumblr like it's the worst place in the world with the worst people, home of the dreaded ~sjw~

Nah it's not bad. I am joking when I say shit about Tumblr.

Messi

Oh my. Please. All I want is Quorra. I know this is off topic. But I don't want to talk about tron in that thread. Please. I have watched Tron Legacy more times than care to count. Make that sequel about Quorra that you promised us :(

Zombine

Banned
Messi is gonna have some new Gif's in 3 years.

Star Man is something that I can't wrap my head around. I have no idea where to start, and when I look at all the material on Comixology I give up.

Starman 8 -
holy shit part 2-now a Doom Patrol reference.

Messi is gonna have some new Gif's in 3 years.

Star Man is something thag I can't wrap my head around. I have no idea where to start, and when I look at all the material on Comixology I give up.

I am reading Robinson's run. You can start at issue 1. I had no prior knowledge of the character/world.

Finally got some time to read comics tonight.

Silver Surfer 8-9, this series continues to be amazing and Allred's art remains fantastic. Where does Slott keep pulling these interesting concepts from? Some amazing panel sequencing in this issue as well.

Cheska

My friends, has anyone read the Assassin's Creed comics by Cameron Stewart and Karl Kerschl? I was listening to Kelly Thompson's podcast 3 Chicks Reviews Comics and they had Brendon Fletcher on, and he mentioned that's how he met Stewart and Kerschl, and that those comics were underrated.

Zombine

Banned
My friends, has anyone read the Assassin's Creed comics by Cameron Stewart and Karl Kerschl? I was listening to Kelly Thompson's podcast 3 Chicks Reviews Comics and they had Brendon Fletcher on, and he mentioned that's how he met Stewart and Kerschl, and that those comics were underrated.

Russian one is cool. If you like all things AC you should like those books. Be warned though, after reading them you'll get pissed because the book explores locations that are cooler than the cookie cutter time periods of the games.

Still pissed off that they did NOTHING to continue the story of Assassins Creed: Embers.

PsychBat!

Banned
Russian one is cool. If you like all things AC you should like those books. Be warned though, after reading them you'll get pissed because the book explores locations that are cooler than the cookie cutter time periods of the games.

Still pissed off that they did NOTHING to continue the story of Assassins Creed: Embers.
hey, take that back!
AC2 and ACB were amazing.

Messi

What an awesome team to have and they were on an Assassin's Creed book? Wow

Zombine

Banned
hey, take that back!
AC2 and ACB were amazing.

No no I mean, the time periods that they choose aren't super exotic. It's just places with lots of buildings close together. I LOVE Assassins Creed 1, II, Brotherhood, Revelation, and Black Flag. III never happened and I never picked up Unity.

Nudull

Banned

Oh, nice, you listen to 3 Chicks too? :)

Btw, did you ever get my PM?

Star Man is something that I can't wrap my head around. I have no idea where to start, and when I look at all the material on Comixology I give up.
It's one series. Start with issue 0 and go through issue 80. Ignore issue 81. And if you still crave more starman universe pick up the 12 issue shade mini. Even in the era of his sub par writing Robinson somehow pulled out a great mini with the most popular character from the series

Zombine

Banned
It's one series. Start with issue 0 and go through issue 80. Ignore issue 81. And if you still crave more starman universe pick up the 12 issue shade mini. Even in the era of his sub par writing Robinson somehow pulled out a great mini with the most popular character from the series

And there's no real collected edition still readily available?

Well Slott needs to keep doing it.

Bitch Planet 1-3, this is probably my favorite thing ever written by Kelly sue DeConnick. Having a guest artist in the third issue took me by surprise but the vintage look of Penny Rolle's origin was great. I wasn't sure if I was going to pick up the series but hearing all the praise made me want to try it. Glad I did.

And there's no real collected edition still readily available?
Digitally it doesn't look like it. In print avoid the regular trades. They butchered the run by skipping issues, mostly collected arcs and skipped the wonderful "times past" issues Robinson did as pallet cleaners between arcs that flushed out the series. I have the omnibuses that collects it all straight up, but as you know not all are easy to find.

I'd love a CMX digital sale so i could quadriple dip on starman. One of my favorite series of all time. Starman and JSA made me the biggest DC fan. It embraced the history and legacy of heroes. Love it

Zombine

Banned
I know Filthy has said it, Messi reads it, and a few others read it but are silent about it, but all of you who enjoy good books should seriously be reading Silver Surfer. It has hints of Dr Who, the art is stellar, the story is really sweet, and it probably Slott's strongest book on the market.

silver-surfer-slott-allred-01.jpg

I mean come on...this is gorgeous.

I know Filthy has said it, Messi reads it, and a few others read it but are silent about it, but all of you who enjoy good books should seriously be reading Silver Surfer. It has hints of Dr Who, the art is stellar, the story is really sweet, and it probably Slott's strongest book on the market.

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp2013/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/silver-surfer-slott-allred-01.jpg[/
I mean come on...this is gorgeous.[/QUOTE]
I've been reading it on MU and I approve this message.

I do read Surfer. I'll buy pretty much anything Allred does.

Just do it. You bought Borgias dude...

I know, and I don't regret it.
I regret buying Lost Girls. What is that? I don't even...

My question about Metabarons was more in regards to story quality
and average boobs-per-page statistics
, I've seen enough of the art to be okay with it.

Top Bottom