• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

PsychBat!

Banned
I did manage to get Silk digitally and it was better than Gwen, I just didn't wanna say anything since I was hyping Spider-Gwen to high heaven.

I did manage to get Silk digitally and it was better than Gwen, I just didn't wanna say anything since I was hyping Spider-Gwen to high heaven.

Honestly I wasn't to crazy about Silk.. It was good, probably check out #2... just seemed like I was reading another spiderman book,, it was alright just not crazy about Spidey in the first place.

Spider-Gwen I loved.. but thats mainly because Robbi Rodriquez has become one of my favorite artist after F.B.P..

Cheska

It's actually in the article I posted last page.

The Carol corps are the only ones buying it so I doubt it.

I have no problem with them name dropping the fans to try and drum up support. Plus I like the name. The book needs all the help it can get right now.

Its in the story Cheska
LOL, I didn't actually click on that link since I got confused and thought it was the same ComicVine one I had read, which didn't mention anything about that. Onto Newsarama I go haha!

Vyer

If you looked up OT comics discussion in a dictionary, there would be a picture of the op of that new batman thread.

Messi

I LIKE THEM BOTH EQUALLY. BOTH LADIES ARE UNIQUE AND SPECIAL IN THEIR OWN WAYS.

tumblr_lrlncrtcLN1qzl19p.gif

LINE IN THE SAND. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

SoilBreak

Banned
If you looked up OT comics discussion in a dictionary, there would be a picture of the op of that new batman thread.

Gambit?

That quote from the WB CEO in it's original context was for WB's direction with the movies not their comics.

They’re steeped in realism, and they’re a little bit edgier than Marvel’s movies.”

Did some reading finally..

Savage Sword of Criminal was pretty awesome... Anyone else read this?
(Criminal One-Shot)
It was really cool how the comic switched back and forth ...
Maybe spoiler ?
From The comic "Savage Sword" that Teeg Lawless was reading,, and someone would interrupt him and it would go back to Criminal comic.
Thought it was pretty cool.

In digital, the
transitions blew my face off. From that stark yellow to full color.
A goddamned masterpiece.

fauxtrot

Banned
Still haven't read Silk #1... it's in the mail, at least. Spider-Gwen #1 was good but not great. Hopefully it picks up and we don't end up with a great concept poorly executed by a comic book creator that should stick to art and not writing (aka the Batgirl Effect).

The Batman news really concernce me in some kind of way.

I'm wary, but in Snyder and Capullo I trust. I think they have earned me giving the new direction a shot at least.

Did Snyder make any references to Knightfall in Zero Year (like say, the TV news panels aping DKR, or the "I shall become a bat" from Year One)? I feel like this could be his take on it.

What's the general consensus here on The Boys? I'm loving Preacher, but I'm almost done with that and I'm thinking of starting The Boys next

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm wary, but in Snyder and Capullo I trust. I think they have earned me giving the new direction a shot at least.

Did Snyder make any references to Knightfall in Zero Year (like say, the TV news panels aping DKR, or the "I shall become a bat" from Year One)? I feel like this could be his take on it.
It wouldnt me surprise if the Iron Bat turns out to be the same guy who is going to be the Arkham Guy.

Are there any hints regarding Kingdom Come? I havent read it yet, but I know that Bruce let a couple of Bat-Bots patrol in Gotham.

What's the general consensus here on The Boys? I'm loving Preacher, but I'm almost done with that and I'm thinking of starting The Boys next

If you like Ennis you'll like it, although be prepared for a giant middle finger to the superhero comic industry and a lot of ennis style diatribes

Sou Da

The Arkham Knight is an original character underneath the mask. Snyder sounds like he's thought of this new guy years ago.

This one still annoys me. He was all over the marketing.

That was just clever marketing.

"Remember the guy you hated in the first few weeks of Injustice? NOW YOU CAN BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM!"

Random comic merch thought:
My Judge Dredd Mega Collection mug came cracked. =(
I dunno if I should bother asking for a replacement.

Random non-comic thought:
I have no idea what new mouse I want to buy. I already screwed myself by buying the more expensive version of the keyboard I wanted.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I were pissed when they wont let Joker return.
The Arkham Quadrology is for me a big Batman Vs. Joker story.

But since he isnt dead anyway, I think I dont have to worry about this.

Nudull

Banned
What's with all the Tumblr crowd hate? Frankly, I'm happy that we're empowering voices to help make comics more progressive.

Zombine

Banned
What's with all the Tumblr crowd hate? Frankly, I'm happy that we're empowering voices to help make comics more progressive.

Sounds like something someone with a Tumblr account would say.

[insert gif with subtitles that are longer than what Benedict Cumberbach's lips are saying here]

Messi

Absolutely. Plus the tumblr crowd usually leads to more girly books.

Seems Erica Henderson will be working with Archie. She posted this on Instagram. Seems the thing on the right is a contract.

11018359_440336862796013_1423439335_n.jpg

Could she be the artist on the Archie reboot post Fiona Staples.

I think Tumblr tends to represent an entirely different audience than typical comic fans so theres little crossover and a tendency to 'otherize'. I think generalizing Tumblr is kind of shitty. We can do better.

Absolutely. Plus the tumblr crowd usually leads to more girly books.

Seems Erica Henderson will be working with Archie. She posted this on Instagram. Seems the thing on the right is a contract.

11018359_440336862796013_1423439335_n.jpg

Could she be the artist on the Archie reboot post Fiona Staples.

When is the Archie reboot and will it have delays like Afterlife and Sabrina?

fauxtrot

Banned
At this point, I'll take any positive change regarding gender/racial/sexual inequality within comics and the industry, even if it comes from a place/community I generally don't relate to (such as tumblr).

ReAxion

I think Tumblr tends to represent an entirely different audience than typical comic fans so theres little crossover and a tendency to 'otherize'. I think generalizing Tumblr is kind of shitty. We can do better.

I rarely generalize tumblr, but lets just say if tumblr blogs had heads that were severed for being all about dem scans, i'd have a nice collection.

Zombine

Banned
I have no problem with Tumblr. I poke fun at how the site is all about trends, and that if you follow said trends you can identify what is currently hot and either profit off of it, or find success in multiple industries by targeting said demographic. I tend to challenge books that I feel like are exploiting tumblr trends, and wish we could be more progressive when we write and not think about if you wrote a panel that could take off on the site.

Raife

Friends don't let other friends read new52 Suicide Squad. Ask them why they're angry with you.

That is no friend.

Read her solo series from Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner. It is currently running and is fantastic upbeat hijinks and is closer to old harley than they have been in some time. I am not saying it is old Harley but this book has no interest in being grimdark like Suicide Squad. It about Harley and her cast of characters having fun. If you enjoyed jimmy and amandas Power Girl you will love this. It even has a 3 issue crossover.

Thanks for the head's up. Grimdark Harley definitely isn't what I want from that character. I stayed away cause the New 52 version just seemed angry and over sexualized from what I had read. I'm excited to check out the Harley solo book. I'll pick up a couple issues when I head into the store tomorrow.

SO ANYWAY, I read Rat Queens and I am now all caught up.

WHAT IN THE FUCK AT THAT LAST PANEL? Don't do this Wiebe and Sejic! Don't kill Hannah....

Comics make me sad sometimes.

Top Bottom