• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Guys one of my random ass Dragon Ball Xenoverse youtube videos got like 1600 views and even comments. I think this means I'm a youtube super star like Cheska now.

Tizoc

Yo Messi, time to grab that Transformers Windblade mini, they even gave it a good cover
1400402226_tumblr_n2hkxsGRD11r1n44mo1_500.jpg

Ann Noccenti had to have been ghostwriting, ghost editing, ghost directing, ghost producing, ghosting herself, the Powers show. It is horrible. It is as awkward, jarring, masochistic, who authorized this inducing as her work. Stay away.

I'm with you there!

My list in order of hype this week:
New Avengers #31
Spider-Gwen #2
Amazing Spider-Man #16
Howard The Duck #1
Nova Annual #1
Ms. Marvel #13
Deadpool #43
East Of West #18
Batman Eternal #49
New 52 Futures End #45
Ant-Man #3
Spider-Man 2099 #10
Justice League United #10
All-New X-Men #37
Guardians Team-Up #2
Amazing Spider-Man Special #1
Silver Surfer #10

Damn.....
a2XkNTy.jpg

Tizoc

It's generally a very pretty book.

But just as a warning, the ending *sucks*. Like it's genuinely WTAF Mass Effect 3 level.

Heh I did enjoy a bunch of aspects of the dialog and characterization though, mind you many seem to dislike Dark Cybertron arc, but I like it mainly for Roberts' parts, just a shame it was ruined by some really bad art =(

Mindwipe

Heh I did enjoy a bunch of aspects of the dialog and characterization though, mind you many seem to dislike Dark Cybertron arc, but I like it mainly for Roberts' parts, just a shame it was ruined by some really bad art =(

Oh, I agree, it's a nice book until the last few pages.

Just the twist at the end is beyond dumb.

Dark Cybertron was still pretty bad. There's some interesting things in there, but the pacing is really off.

Tizoc

Oh, I agree, it's a nice book until the last few pages.

Just the twist at the end is beyond dumb.

Dark Cybertron was still pretty bad. There's some interesting things in there, but the pacing is really off.

We can still agree that Rodimus getting Optimus out of his slump was among the best part of the series right?

Mindwipe

We can still agree that Rodimus getting Optimus out of his slump was among the best part of the series right?

Honestly all the best bits are about Starscream, but part of that is my belief that there are no interesting Prime stories left to tell and I was quite content to see him left alone for the forseeable.

No no I mean, the time periods that they choose aren't super exotic. It's just places with lots of buildings close together. I LOVE Assassins Creed 1, II, Brotherhood, Revelation, and Black Flag. III never happened and I never picked up Unity.

If you loved I, II and Brotherhood you totally should pick up Unity. IMHO its by far the best AC since II/Brotherhood.

I got scared off by all of the talk about glitches. I am interested in the PC version of Rogues though.

I played it on PS4 and at this point the game is pretty well patched and you shouldn't run into any major problems. For me Unity just feels like a proper next gen sequel to the original AC ideas from I and II. It definitely still needs some refinement but I had way more fun with it, than say Black Flag. Which felt like a chore to me. I haven't played Rogue yet myself but I do hear its shorter and easy to get through, and that it leads directly into Unity. I just say give Unity a chance at some point, its WAY better than NeoGAF and the internet is giving it credit for.

Zombine

Banned
I played it on PS4 and at this point the game is pretty well patched and you shouldn't run into any major problems. For me Unity just feels like a proper next gen sequel to the original AC ideas from I and II. It definitely still needs some refinement but I had way more fun with it, than say Black Flag. Which felt like a chore to me. I haven't played Rogue yet myself but I do hear its shorter and easy to get through, and that it leads directly into Unity. I just say give Unity a chance at some point, its WAY better than NeoGAF and the internet is giving it credit for.

I enjoyed The Order so I clearly hate myself enough to play this game as well.

Remember the Joker thread, with the OMG they made the Joker an immortal demon WTFBBQ DC!!!!

People should not be allowed to make threads on comic shit until the comic has come out and the story actually told.

ElNarez

Banned
I NOW KNOW WHO THE NEW THOR IS

hahaha okay no I don't this is still a goddamn waste of time, I'd say this is worse than when Bendis does it because hey, at least I'm used to Bendis not delivering, but, either way, it's a goddamn wash, this is just wheel-spinning without any forward momentum

tim1138

I've probably asked this before, but is the Absolute edition of Final Crisis as amazing as I imagine it to be? Gotta little tax refund money to blow and I'm eyeballing that and a few other things.

Zombine

Banned
Things like the Batman OT are why I think that to try and make this Community uniform in regards to what we discuss and how we talk is detrimental to the health of the thread. I do believe that there should be slightly more depth to what some of us post, but the reality of it is that news isn't happening 24/7, and that we all have different tastes. I feel like we should incubate and encourage diversity so we don't fall into similar traps that the OT does. When I was a Force Ghost before my new Palpatine clone body, I noticed a fair bit of hostility and it was kind of gross.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I've probably asked this before, but is the Absolute edition of Final Crisis as amazing as I imagine it to be? Gotta little tax refund money to blow and I'm eyeballing that and a few other things.
Absolutely. It's the way this event is meant to be read. Fucking evil Gods vs. The last remnants of Superheroics--you know that shit needs a book bigger than your standard trade. Also, all the stories are in the proper reading order and you get yourself a sweet pair of 3d glasses. How can you deny yourself free 3d glasses?

tim1138

Absolutely. It's the way this event is meant to be read. Fucking evil Gods vs. The last remnants of Superheroics--you know that shit needs a book bigger than your standard trade. Also, all the stories are in the proper reading order and you get yourself a sweet pair of 3d glasses. How can you deny yourself free 3d glasses?

I guess I can't really. Full disclosure, this would be the fourth version of Final Crisis I own. I have the original issues, the 2009 hardcover, and the digital version of the 2014 tpb. I may have a problem.

Unrelated, but Midnighter sounds like it's going to be a pretty solid book.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ercent-lack-of-fear-100-percent-lack-of-shame

The ComicVine interview with Jimmy, Amanda, and Chad is hilarious.

CH: I seriously stay awake at night wondering how Jack Kirby did what he did.

JP: Yeah.

AC: Me too!

JP: Roz [Jack’s wife] was actually a penciler. No, I’m kidding.

AC: No, but I guarantee Roz took care of every other aspect of his life and all he did was draw. I guarantee that.

JP: [to Chad] We’re going to keep you busy with Harley, don’t worry.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-amanda-conner-jimmy-palmiotti-and-chad-h/1100-151614/

Top Bottom