• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Zombine

Banned
Seems like Days of Future Past is another Battlezone.

Time to kill all the mutants and to embrace a X-Men-free future.
What Marvel isn't considering is that there are years of material that Fox can still mine, and literally nothing is stopping them from making up their own stories.

What Marvel isn't considering is that there are years of material that Fox can still mine, and literally nothing is stopping them from making up their own stories.

But I imagine they'd rather have all of their stories be able to be turned into movies without having to deal with messy issues like characters they don't have the screen rights to.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
But I imagine they'd rather have all of their stories be able to be turned into movies without having to deal with messy issues like characters they don't have the screen rights to.
Marvel or Fox? I think the superhero bubble will burst before Fox makes own X-Men stories.

And Before that, I expect that the rights returning to Marvel anyway.

Beside that, I was just trolling. Marvel abonding X-Men would be stupid. They have still tons of books, they are just going to be downsized at least (which is good, IMO).
This is just a stupid conspiracy theory.

This is just a stupid conspiracy theory.

I don't think so. I've said from day one that Marvel movies are having a massive, dictatorial influence over their comic line. I firmly believe this is going to continue and only get worse. I can't wait to see how things shake out after Secret Wars. I'm going to have so much fun with it (without actually reading it).

frye

Has anyone read the pre Alan Moore Saga of the Swamp Thing issues? I found it a bit jarring starting with Moore's 1st trade as I didn't realise there was a good 20 issues prior.

As far as I can tell there isn't a trade of them but I did notice that they're now on Comixology.

Worth checking out?

Not really? That run is basically a soft reboot of the character starting from #21 and anything you need to can probably gather from context.

Does your trade start on #20? If so, it's called "Loose Ends" for a reason!

Cheska

Shutter #10 was so trippy, but continues the trek of being awesome!

Rachel Rising #32 felt like it ended too soon. Zoe is still the star of the book. Is this ending with 50 issues?

Southern Cross #1 was okay, but the entire time I was reading it, I was wishing it was Becky Cloonan on art ._.

Ms. Marvel #13 was so good guys! Literally yelled YES at that last page.

ReAxion

I don't think so. I've said from day one that Marvel movies are having a massive, dictatorial influence over their comic line. I firmly believe this is going to continue and only get worse. I can't wait to see how things shake out after Secret Wars. I'm going to have so much fun with it (without actually reading it).

This belongs in an OT comic thread.

ReAxion

6cRWLZc.png

yes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What on earth is going on in New Avengers? How does that even make sense?

Well we saw in a prior issue that when you start dealing with multiversal shit like this that time can get pretty distorted. Honestly we should have seen this coming,
Doom did this exact same shit back in Hickman's FF run.

Parch

I don't think so. I've said from day one that Marvel movies are having a massive, dictatorial influence over their comic line.
Dictatorial sounds a bit strong, but there is no doubt the movies are having a huge influence on the comics. They announce the Avengers movie and there's a flood of new Avenger titles. Guardians of the Galaxy comics were practically non-existent before the movie was announced. In content is also being influenced.
Probably just taking advantage of the movie success, but comics are definitely tied to the movies now.

That Spiderman Scene
(with Uncle Ben)
was one of the most tastelessly funny Spiderman jokes I read.

That scene alone makes the book 10/10 and earns it a spot on my pull list
Yeah that was great. Goofy Spidey is always a good time.

The scene where
Howard and Tara raid Black Cat's place
was great too. This is gonna be a really goofy book, so I'm onboard for sure.
what was the other one

lmao

Spider-Gwen brah

Spider Gwen 2 was much better than the first issue. They're fleshing out her world more and it's becoming a lot more interesting.

Matt is fucking awesome in this universe. Love the twist with him. I really like how they're setting up for Black Cat to be in a rival band too. I appreciate the rise of Black Cat appearances even if SpOck had to punch her to make it happen

Vyer

I really dug Action Comics. Pak basically says on the first page 'fuck continuity, now here's a crazy Bizarro story.'

I also like Kuder's Bizarro. His work was awesome in this issue.

I seriously can't believe how much worthless filler there's been in Future's End. So many dead ends and pointless tripe. Batman Eternal on the other hand has been a joy bar a couple of stinkers.

Tizoc

Black Panther can't even put Namor down.

Brutha please; B. Panther would bitchslap Namor any chance he could whenever he stepped outa line. Writers just want to bring Namor's assholeness to the fore front so they nerf hammer the other characters to showcase it.

Top Bottom