• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

There's a Daredevil sale on Comixology. Is the "The Devil in Cell-Block D" arc a good jumping-on point? Haven't read much Daredevil

It's great, but I honestly suggest reading the entire Bendis run. It's stellar. So is the Brubaker run that drops right after that. Waid comes after Brubaker, and may be the best of all.

Bottom line: Daredevil has consistently been the best Marvel book for quite a while now, and you should check it all out.

CBTech

There's a Daredevil sale on Comixology. Is the "The Devil in Cell-Block D" arc a good jumping-on point? Haven't read much Daredevil

You could also consider a MU subscription which has all of the excellent Daredevil stories. "The Devil in Cell-Block D" was very good, and would be a decent place to jump in on, though I think reading Bendis's run first would make it better since it is a direct continuation.

You could also consider a MU subscription which has all of the excellent Daredevil stories. "The Devil in Cell-Block D" was very good, and would be a decent place to jump in on, though I think reading Bendis's run first would make it better since it is a direct continuation.
I got limited $$ at the moment, mainly why I was asking. Would love to start with Bendis, but wanted to take advantage of the sale.

tim1138

It's time for my semi monthly lament that Travel Foreman is not drawing a monthly title.

Dammit, why isn't Foreman drawing a monthly title?

This concludes my semi monthly lament that Travel Foreman is not drawing a monthly title, you will be returned to your regularly scheduled programming.

CBTech

I got limited $$ at the moment, mainly why I was asking. Would love to start with Bendis, but wanted to take advantage of the sale.

Fair enough. I guess it depends on how quick of a reader are you. If you read quickly you could get a lot of value out of a one month MU sub. I guess it also depends on how much you plan on spending on the sale.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Who else here is reading Klarion?

tumbleweed-o.gif

Messi

Anyone reading Booms Sons of Anarchy series? Had a trade in my hand today and put it back so I could ask you guys first. Boom trades are ludicrous quality though.

I bought another volume of Rachel Rising instead

Who else here is reading Klarion?

Not many people are reading it but you keep reading and remember anything CAN happen.

:)

Anyone reading Booms Sons of Anarchy series? Had a trade in my hand today and put it back so I could ask you guys first. Boom trades are ludicrous quality though.

I was getting it for the first story arc..(#1-6) and that was good.
Then a creative team change... the Letterer became the writer and art wasn't as good. But I think that was only for 1 story arc if that.
I was looking at the most recent issues and they look pretty decent.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I took just the best nap ever.

"Gwen was mishandled recently"

Oh boy, how annoying these people are who are still salty because of Sins Past which is soon 10 years ago. After this, she got the usuall holy mother treatmenr and the haters are the only people who are still talking about this storys while the creators and editiors and writers moved on.
Annoying Haters, why do I waste my time with them?

/stops ranting, continues sleeping

Parch

I'm currently watching Justice League Unlimited and curious about some of the B-listers. What's the name of that lone-ranger cowboy guy? So his superpower is guns? He's always hanging out with that Knight guy.

Question is an interesting character. I'm gonna try and find his solo titles.

I'm currently watching Justice League Unlimited and curious about some of the B-listers. What's the name of that lone-ranger cowboy guy? So his superpower is guns? He's always hanging out with that Knight guy.

I think that's Vigilante, and yeah, guns are his power :p

I'm playing catch up on the full run of The Punisher by Nathan Edmondson. I'm really digging it. It's a very solid title, more on the tame side than the MAX run, but still appropriately gritty. I like Edmondson's take on Frank being the guy who takes care of the trash that is too tough for the cops, but not important or dangerous enough for the capes to worry about. That's the perfect niche for the perfect street level anti-hero.

Damn good art work, too. Anyone else reading this?

dNQjAJn.jpg

7QPskqK.jpg

Zombine

Banned
I'm playing catch up on the full run of The Punisher by Nathan Edmondson. I'm really digging it. It's a very solid title, more on the tame side than the MAX run, but still appropriately gritty. I like Edmondson's take on Frank being the guy who takes care of the trash that is too tough for the cops, but not important or dangerous enough for the capes to worry about. That's the perfect niche for the perfect street level anti-hero.

Damn good art work, too. Anyone else reading this?

I really enjoy it but don't say much because I think just about everyone here hates the book or finds it corny. I also enjoy Deathlok.

SoilBreak

Banned

With Question, check out Denny O'Neill's run.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah, but one thing you have got to remember is that he is a teenager and
She blew his mind. Almost literally. She's got him wrapped around her finger because she gave him a little.

Wonder what he felt when she licked his eye socket?

I really enjoy it but don't say much because I think just about everyone here hates the book or finds it corny. I also enjoy Deathlok.

Corny? I'm only six issues into the run, but I'm definitely not seeing that. Unless Frank water skis over a rubber shark in the next few issues, I'm in.

CBTech

I'm loving it. I got into Punisher with Rucka's run and I am enjoying Edmenson's run as well. I think the pacing could maybe be better, but I don't have many complaints with it.

Boogiepop

Read Gillen's Journey into Mystery up through the Mephisto in the bar issue. Been fun so far, though I guess it's kind of a shame that it's pretty much all Fear Itself tie-in-y so far, since that's supposed to suck real hard, yeah? But I'm glad I have plenty of this to dig into since I have both complete collections...

Parch

I think that's Vigilante, and yeah, guns are his power :p
OK. They're really going back in history with that guy. They've obviously intentionally went with some really obscure characters in that show to test comic fans. There are capes walking around the halls of the Watchtower where I'm thinking... I have no idea who that is.

It's a really good show though. I like it.

frye

Read Gillen's Journey into Mystery up through the Mephisto in the bar issue. Been fun so far, though I guess it's kind of a shame that it's pretty much all Fear Itself tie-in-y so far, since that's supposed to suck real hard, yeah? But I'm glad I have plenty of this to dig into since I have both complete collections...

Journey into Mystery is something like 75% tie-ins and crossovers. It's fine, though, Gillen navigates it quite well and you can read it standalone.

I took just the best nap ever.

"Gwen was mishandled recently"

Oh boy, how annoying these people are who are still salty because of Sins Past which is soon 10 years ago. After this, she got the usuall holy mother treatmenr and the haters are the only people who are still talking about this storys while the creators and editiors and writers moved on.
Annoying Haters, why do I waste my time with them?

/stops ranting, continues sleeping

We'll always have Spider-Man: Blue, back in those sepia-toned days when a Jeph Loeb book was something to look forward to.

What a book.

Chris Sims is pretty much the only person who could make me excited for an X-Men cartoon book, so I'm actually interested now. Man, I need to decide what I'm getting in Secret Wars. I kind of want to get the first issue of EVERYTHING but that is insanity.

fauxtrot

Banned

What does "digital first" mean for a Marvel title, exactly? I want to buy this physically... I think it's either going to be amazing or a disaster, and either way I want to be a part of that.

I'd be willing to bet you made the right decision... I have a friend who reads the SoA comic and he does it more because he can't get enough of that world rather than actually enjoying it.

ReAxion

What does "digital first" mean for a Marvel title, exactly? I want to buy this physically... I think it's either going to be amazing or a disaster, and either way I want to be a part of that.

It's like the other Infinite titles on CMX, really. Have you checked any of those out? They're pretty neat.

Tizoc

The cowboy is Vigilante, the knight is Shining Knight. Vigilante is a really old comics character and had some scarce appearances in comics some years ago.

Question had a great series dring the 80s, track that down. HE WAS also featured in Huntress: Cry for Blood

Neoxon

It's how the Injustice books are handled, so I don't mind.

If only Marvel would realize fans want AAA action adventure games of all their different characters. They have the potential to reach into the Arkham market, they just need a good studio.

I would love a Splinter Cell style Punisher game.
That's a weird way to say MvC4.
Capcom, get your financial shit together please.

fauxtrot

Banned
It's like the other Infinite titles on CMX, really. Have you checked any of those out? They're pretty neat.

I think I read the first issue of Ms. Marvel that way... are those the panel by panel, almost motion-y kinda comics? I really prefer reading my comics on my tablet the old fashioned way.

Vibranium

Banned
Just start All New Hawkeye brah

The new team is doing something completely different and it really won't affect your enjoyment of the previous run or anything. It's p good.

All New Hawkeye is great so far, and Lemire is Canadian so I must support Canuck comics superstars.

I really liked the flashbacks to Clint and Barney's past, and the coloring was amazing. And having Kate and Clint not split up any more is nice to see, some great banter.

But Marvel really need to use Aja's Iron Fist HYDRA designs, those green jumpsuits need to be updated a bit.

Those panel by panel digital first comics are the only things I prefer reading digital tbh. Kinda the only time I like guided view in CMX too really

Top Bottom