• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Messi

I'm not trying to stir the pot again... I'm just curious:

When's the last time we've had a cover with Batman tearing up on it?

This maybe?

Identity_Crisis_6B.jpg

also

tumblr_m6v7gpuEub1qdj4i3o4_250.gif

I'm playing catch up on the full run of The Punisher by Nathan Edmondson. I'm really digging it. It's a very solid title, more on the tame side than the MAX run, but still appropriately gritty. I like Edmondson's take on Frank being the guy who takes care of the trash that is too tough for the cops, but not important or dangerous enough for the capes to worry about. That's the perfect niche for the perfect street level anti-hero.

Damn good art work, too. Anyone else reading this?

dNQjAJn.jpg

7QPskqK.jpg

Yeah, I'm loving Edmondson's take on Castle. It's a grand action adventure conspiracy story. And I like the idea of him retrofitting his mission to be a bit more heroic. I talk about it all the time.

Jesus christ that Joker month Batgirl cover is fucked up.

Rafael Albuquerque you a bad man.

I fucking love this. Just utterly terrifying. I want to put this on my wall. I Love You, Rafael Albuquerque.

Messi

In the new 52, Babs didn't get crippled, did she? Or did she get crippled, but regained the ability to walk?

She was shot and crippled by joker but she got better.

The recent Secret Origins dealt with some of the wheelchair stuff. I thought it was really well done actually.

Just like last year, Comixology is giving away a bunch of comics during SXSW.
So far, the free comics are
X files vol 1
Sonic & Megaman: World's Collide vol 1
Unity: 8-bit Adventure

There isn't a hub page like previous years, but you can keep refreshing their tumblr page. Keep in my mind that the redeem codes are only good for 24 hours.

Also, highly recommend the SXSW Submit Bundle. Would recommend it just for Gail Simone's Leaving Megaopolis and Revenger.

Messi

Does anyone have a list of upcoming Convergence/New Slate DC books post Convergence and the same for Secret Wars? It feels like I am missing out on so much stuff with them announcing stuff almost every day. I don't want to miss out on books and I feel lost.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
So again, thanks to Comics Alliance's Best Art Ever (This Week), I saw another great rendition of Spider-Man... why have I never heard of Rafael Grampa and where did he go? According to Wikipedia, his comic output started ramping up in 2011 and 2012, but then he kinda just disappeared from the industry. His style is for this piece at least is kinda like Quitely meets Pope, and I dig it.

He did Mesmo Delivery, which is just this incredibly drawn Twilight Zone-esque comic:
preview_mesmo.jpg

mesmo.jpg

Also, he did a story for Batman Black and White #2 that was super awesome artistically, and decent/forgettable story-wise.

tim1138

If there wasn't already that "Thors" cop comic coming out of Secret Wars, I'd really have liked to have seen a Beta Ray Bill / Throg buddy cop series.

Think how much better that Thors book would be if it was about a multiversal collection of Beta Ray Bills policing Battleworld.

So again, thanks to Comics Alliance's Best Art Ever (This Week), I saw another great rendition of Spider-Man... why have I never heard of Rafael Grampa and where did he go? According to Wikipedia, his comic output started ramping up in 2011 and 2012, but then he kinda just disappeared from the industry. His style is for this piece at least is kinda like Quitely meets Pope, and I dig it.

Wikipedia is insanely not up to date with comic artist stuff. This is, i think, but yea he's not doing a whole lot lately

Mudcrab

Does anyone have a list of upcoming Convergence/New Slate DC books post Convergence and the same for Secret Wars? It feels like I am missing out on so much stuff with them announcing stuff almost every day. I don't want to miss out on books and I feel lost.

Here's an incomplete board. Some of the missing titles have been announced though. I think we're only missing 3 right now. I'm sure an updated board will be put out soon.

Oh and there's this.

fauxtrot

Banned
Think how much better that Thors book would be if it was about a multiversal collection of Beta Ray Bills policing Battleworld.

Drawn by James Stokoe... *drool*

Ever since 100th Anniversary Special: The Avengers #1, I have wanted to see more of his Beta Ray Bill.

Unfotunately, his drawing speed isn't gonna fly on a monthly release schedule, but a guy can dream, right?

tim1138

Drawn by James Stokoe... *drool*

Ever since 100th Anniversary Special: The Avengers #1, I have wanted to see more of his Beta Ray Bill.

Unfotunately, his drawing speed isn't gonna fly on a monthly release schedule, but a guy can dream, right?

First I have to see unused Travel Foreman designs for Justice League United, now you're taunting me with thoughts of a Stokoe drawn BRB ongoing. Truly the comics gods hate me and are conspiring against me today.

First I have to see unused Travel Foreman designs for Justice League United, now you're taunting me with thoughts of a Stokoe drawn BRB ongoing. Truly the comics gods hate me and are conspiring against me today.

Remember that time I mentioned a Grant Morrison/Darwyn Cooke Flash run? :(

Top Bottom