• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Messi

Hate is such a strong word. I gave it a two issue pre-order but didn't think much of it outside of a few good Maps moments, it was an uphill climb to make the purchase list in trade form. The whole Olive I know what you did last summer stuff plagued it into mopey territory for me.

That is fair enough then. Just didn't like the implication that you had to have low standards to like Gotham Academy.

Messi

Does region locked multi in mortal kombat X mean I won't be able to show Korupt who's boss and how awesome my Kitana is?

Zombine

Banned
Does region locked multi in mortal kombat X mean I won't be able to show Korupt who's boss and how awesome my Kitana is?

US/UK almost always fall under the same umbrella. The region lock is to keep countries that cause issues (MEX tag always makes my blood boil) from lag advantage type situations. I'd be surprised if they locked us out.

[url="http://comixology.tumblr.com/post/113551764523/comixologys-geekstagegiveaway-day-1-recap-use]Free Comics on Comixology today only:[/url]
-Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man: Worlds Collide Vol 1
-Valiant 8-bit Adventure: Unity
-X-Files Season 10 Vol 1
-Rai #1
-Fables: The Wolf Among Us #1 & 2, Batman: Arkham Knight #1 & 2, and Mortal Kombat X #1 & 2
-The Black Hood #1

Zombine

Banned
Lol what a bunch of morons in that thread holy shit.

I'm going to write a book just for the OT. It'll be called Dainty Daisies. It's going to be a man and a woman sitting down in chairs at a table sipping tea while complimenting one another and talking about the weather. After they share a giggle they'll go home and watch the news then fall asleep.

i don't typically buy geek clothing but shit i might have to break a rule here

wca2015_exclusives_t-shirt_0.png

Picked up Bombshells Hawkgirl with some birthday money. Just missing Stargirl now.

Wow, going in for the whole set? There are some that I'm not crazy about, so I'm just picking up the ones I like. I've got Hawkgirl, Canary, Mera, Lois, and Batwoman on order so far.

MG310

Wow, going in for the whole set? There are some that I'm not crazy about, so I'm just picking up the ones I like. I've got Hawkgirl, Canary, Mera, Lois, and Batwoman on order so far.

Possibly - running around of room quickly though. Might end up skipping some here and there if it's a character I don't know all that well or the statue doesn't come out so great.

Also my Entertainment Earth Harley/Joker order still says 99.99...I don't mind paying the full price but hopefully it'll slip through the cracks

Hellers

Fucking hell guys. I'm pretty much all digital these days and between Humble Bundles and Comixology I'm spending a bloody fortune. Such cheap sale prices. Today I bought a load of Hickman stuff, more Transformers, a load of Project Superpowers, the first volume of the UK Transformers collection and god knows what else.

Fucking hell guys. I'm pretty much all digital these days and between Humble Bundles and Comixology I'm spending a bloody fortune. Such cheap sale prices. Today I bought a load of Hickman stuff, more Transformers, a load of Project Superpowers, the first volume of the UK Transformers collection and god knows what else.
I feel you, my digital backlog is out of control and my physical one is already bad enough

Messi

Yeeeeessss embrace the digital future*!

Trades in physical tho. I am not a monster.

Almost one Season through Breaking Bad... Damn, why didnt told me anyone that this show is this great? :O
Because everyone knows. That's like rolling in and asking why nobody told you the wire is one of the best shows ever.

Thinking about getting a streaming box for my bedroom tv. Should I go chromecast, Roku, Fire TV or something else?

Yea the sales can be dangerous. Make sure to get the free SXSW comics. Especially Locke & key! I'm debating dabbling in project superheroes. Is it any good? I read the first volume but don't remember much.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Because everyone knows. That's like rolling in and asking why nobody told you the wire is one of the best shows ever.

Thinking about getting a streaming box for my bedroom tv. Should I go chromecast, Roku, Fire TV or something else?
Fire TV. Instaled a Kodi on it and its quiete amazing what you can do with it. It only lacks USB storage compantibility, but there are ways to componsate this problem.

Fire TV. Instaled a Kodi on it and its quiete amazing what you can do with it. It only lacks USB storage compantibility, but there are ways to componsate this problem.
Decided to give roku 3 a try. Only thing it didn't have that I *might* want is twitch. But ive always got ipad and my main motivation was prime, HBO, and Netflix

Owzers

Breaking Bad is really hard to watch, I don't like any of the characters outside of Jesse ( I think that's his name). I'm on Season 2 episode 10 so far after taking a long break.

Decided to give roku 3 a try. Only thing it didn't have that I *might* want is twitch. But ive always got ipad and my main motivation was prime, HBO, and Netflix

Everyone should get Chromecast.

This is what I was going to suggest to gketter. Twitch works great on Chromecast, and the Roku covers everything else.

I need to find a show, I'm under doctor's orders to do less internet things. Was thinking of Battlestar Galactica since I never got past the mini-series last time (it was five years ago and I was drugged to the gills on pain medication at the time so I was always sleepy). Watching the Co-Optional Lounge play the board game version makes me want to give it another try.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh hell yea. A year ago my dog chewed up my garbage disposal power cord so I stopped using it. Well the drain stopped draining well so I needed to do something about it. Today I went to the store and bought a replacement cord, wired it up and the power kicked in but the blade was stuck. I bought this manual wrench too and the thing wouldn't budge at ALL. I'm horrible doing anything maintenance, home improvement, etc. So I thought I needed s unit replacement and tried to order an installation service call. But their systems were down so I bought the unit and had the weird idea of replacing it myself. When I got home I tried the wrench one last time and it MOVED. So I rewired the disposal again and the drain isn't clogged anymore and I didnt need the replacement unit. So I'm returning that tomorrow and between the new unit and the almost place install request I saved $200.

Accomplishing this home improvement no matter how small is a pretty cool feeling.

Haha. That is awesome. Doing stuff like that feels so good.

Lol what a bunch of morons in that thread holy shit.

I'm going to write a book just for the OT. It'll be called Dainty Daisies. It's going to be a man and a woman sitting down in chairs at a table sipping tea while complimenting one another and talking about the weather. After they share a giggle they'll go home and watch the news then fall asleep.

That sounds more interesting than a major event comic tbh, hopefully the dialogue is on point in dainty daisies

This is what I was going to suggest to gketter. Twitch works great on Chromecast, and the Roku covers everything else.

I need to find a show, I'm under doctor's orders to do less internet things. Was thinking of Battlestar Galactica since I never got past the mini-series last time (it was five years ago and I was drugged to the gills on pain medication at the time so I was always sleepy). Watching the Co-Optional Lounge play the board game version makes me want to give it another try.
Gilmore girls! One of the secret bestest shows out there. Now on Netflix.mgreat characters, writing and tone. Girly hijinks club should all watch

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Surprise! Joker is the new Batman. He's finally succeeded at supplanting Bruce Wayne and is now Gotham's new protector.
Hahaha Holy shit if true
This was my first idea when I heard about a never done before status quo :D
Would be interesting to see
the superior Batman

Gilmore girls! One of the secret bestest shows out there. Now on Netflix.mgreat characters, writing and tone. Girly hijinks club should all watch

Not really into stuff that doesn't have some sort of fantastical element, sorry. There's the odd exception but if it doesn't have aliens, superpowers, robots, elves or dragons there's a high chance i won't like it.

And I'm not part of the hijinks club! At least I don't think I am. The only hijinks books I like are Rat Queens and Sunstone. I guess I did like Power Girl: Power Trip as well. But that's it dammit!

Top Bottom