• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Messi

Wait what was the thread I've been busy being out

omfg looooool

It was erased for good reason. It was a guy being really creepy, obsessive and stalkery.

There is a new comics thread in OT. It is about Hawkeye and positive impressions. It must be amazing to read that series fresh from the beginning now.

Just finished up reading some issues of all new xmen. I'm running way behind on the series but good lord immonen draws the everloving shit out of it

It was erased for good reason. It was a guy being really creepy, obsessive and stalkery.

There is a new comics thread in OT. It is about Hawkeye and positive impressions. It must be amazing to read that series fresh from the beginning now.

oh dear. i'll take y'all's words for it

just Superman, Invisible Republic and Chrononauts for me. Strange Sports Stories has a good list of creators too but ehhh to vertigo anthologies in 2015, and i'm gonna make myself trade wait USG

just Superman, Invisible Republic and Chrononauts for me. Strange Sports Stories has a good list of creators too but ehhh to vertigo anthologies in 2015, and i'm gonna make myself trade wait USG

I need to figure out what books I can trade-wait, and which I need to read day one. I could probably save on monthlies doing it that way. Also,
I don't like the way they draw SG in this series. There, I said it

i'm just trying to cut down on as many floppies as i can. Superman i'm waiting out until Johns leaves, and then i'll try out the start of the Yang run. With the #1s i'm gonna just be getting them to see if i wanna get the trades, unless i really need to keep reading it, like WicDiv or something.

and all i'll say regarding your tagged statement is that i have the opposite opinion

sca2511

I need to figure out what books I can trade-wait, and which I need to read day one. I could probably save on monthlies doing it that way. Also,
I don't like the way they draw SG in this series. There, I said it

Same. My monthly pull consists of Image comics, with some variants if there are any that catch my eye. I have a pull mostly because I want to support the comics, but I really rather have the hardcover/trade when/if it releases. It'd save me money and I'd be actually able to display them. I'd sell, but I believe I'd be taking a loss, so I figure I'd just keep them.

The Killing List.

My BuyList via Comics Day App

BATGIRL #40 $2.99
BATGIRL ENDGAME #1 $2.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #50 $2.99
BATMAN SUPERMAN #20 $3.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #46 (WEEKLY) $2.99
SUPERGIRL #40 $2.99
SUPERMAN #39 $3.99
ALEX + ADA #13 $2.99
OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA #7 (MR) $2.99

Catching up on Hickman's Image works... man, dude pretty much only cares about sci-fi and has a raging hard on for time travel.

Not that i'm complaining, mind, but does exemplify what some guy said about him being somewhat limited.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Pssh.
header.jpg

Pretty good game tbh.
Played it a couple of years ago and just loved it :D

I hope the announced Call of Cthulhu Game for current Gen is not that much longer missing in action.

Dodson's art was pretty good in Princess Leia, Jordie really helped out by giving it that serene glowing look. But it's a Mark Waid book alright....

Messi

Rereading the civil war thread the fake solicits have me rolling.

COMIC GAF: CIVIL WAR #1 (of 12)
RAFA & LIONEL MANDRAKE (W) • KIPP (A/C)
VARIANT COVERS BY AMANDA CONNER, GREG LAND, FRANK QUITELY, JOHN CASSADAY
BISH.GIF VARIANT COVER BY THE OT
• THE VOTES ARE IN!
• THE SHOCKING FATE OF MESSI! HARLEY FAN NO MORE?
• KORUPTDATA MAKES A SHOCKING DECISION!
• WHEN THE DUST SETTLES.....COMIC GAF WILL NEVER BE THE SAME (AGAIN!)
• CAPS!
32 PGS/Rated LEWD....$4.99

CIVIL WAR: FRONT PAGE #1 (of 8)
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • SARA PICHELLI (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY KIPP
• "All I wanted was to talk comics."
• WHAT IS PROJECT D.I.S.C.U.S.S.I.O.N.?
• HOW DOES IT RELATE TO GEKETTER, THE CHARACTER FIND OF 2014?
• AND HOW WILL IT ROCK COMICGAF TO ITS CORE?
• PLUS: SPIKE ANSWERS HIS CRITICS (AND HE'S NOT HAPPY!)
32 Pgs/Rated LEWD....$4.99

'MAZING MESSI #997 (W)
ANN NOCENTI (W) • AMANDA CONNER (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY FRANK QUITELY
"LEWD LOVE" PART ONE - A COMICGAF CIVIL WAR CHAPTER
• 10% OF COMICGAF, BUT 90% OF OUR HEARTS
• HE VOTES FOR WHAT HE BELIEVES IN
• BUT CAN HE CHOOSE BETWEEN THE COMICS HE LOVES AND THE STATUES HE DESIRES?
• AND WHAT WILL HE DO....WITH ONE MORE MISTAH J?
32 Pgs/Rated LEWD....Drawing the Line at $2.99

4.99 event books ffs

Zombine

Banned
You wouldn't pay full price for my book even?

$1 for the $5 issue, then full price for the rest.

When people here change their avatars I forget who they are for a minute.

Edit 2: so does anyone else think that the position of the power off button on the N3DSXL is weird? I always click the right trigger when trying to hit the power button at the bottom.

Dunbar

Batgirl #40
Batgirl: Endgame One-Shot #1
Batman Eternal #50
Black Widow #16
Burning Fields #3
Divinity #2
Dragonlance Chronicles Vol. 1: Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Giant Days #1
Kitchen #5
Magneto #16
Manhattan Projects: The Sun Beyond the Stars #1
Plunder #2
Silk #2
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #3
Zero #15

I have no idea if that Dragonlance trade will be any good, but I was a huge fan of those books as a kid so I'm willing to give it a shot.

Boogiepop

$1 for the $5 issue, then full price for the rest.

When people here change their avatars I forget who they are for a minute.

Edit 2: so does anyone else think that the position of the power off button on the N3DSXL is weird? I always click the right trigger when trying to hit the power button at the bottom.

See, the funny thing is Streetpass+Spotpass stuff got me in the habit forever ago such that I almost never actually turn off a 3DS. Like, they're just perpetually in sleep mode. I have yet to hit the power button on the N3DSXL, outside of when I first turned it on.

ElNarez

Banned
let's do it to it
COMIC-GAF: PRELUDE TO SECRET WAR #1 (ONE-SHOT)
MATT KINDT (W) SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
JOKER VARIANT COVER BY RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
  • IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING A NEW ERA OF PEACE AND PROSPERITY TO A COMMUNITY...
  • BUT NOW OT-7HR34D IS ON THE LOOSE, BRINGING IN ITS WAKE DEATH, DEVASTATION AND DESOLATION!
  • WHO CAN STOP HIM? HOW WILL MESSI REACT TO SEEING HIS CREATION GONE MAD? CAN THE COMMUNITY RECOVER?
  • IT'S THE CAN'T MISS KICK-OFF OF THIS SUMMER'S BIGGEST EVENT!
32 PGS/Rated LEWD....$4.99

The Listing Joke.

Batgirl #40
Batgirl Endgame #1
Batman Superman #20
Batwoman #40
Earth 2 World's End #24
Green Lantern New Guardians #40
New 52 Futures End #46
Supergirl #40
Superman #39
Teen Titans #8
Trinity Of Sin #6

Messi

List of oh fuck this week is expensive :

Batgirl #40
Batgirl Endgame #1
Batman Eternal #50
Batwoman #40 (goodbye my love :'()
Supergirl #40
Chrononauts #1
Red One #1
Zero #15
All new cap #5
All new X-Men #39
Black Widow #16
Guardians Team up #3
Loki #12
Magneto #16
Silk #2
Squirrel girl #3

Bob's Burgers vol 1
Madame Frankenstein vol 1
Deadly Class Vol 2 (dying for this)

Whooooosh.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The first 6 episode of Breaking Bad Season 2 are so great. The whole Tuco Arc was awesome.
And still people claiming that the series is still getting better.

I hope The Wire comes to Netflix soon, too.

Edit: Theres Jessica Jones in a Episode!

I have tried and tried to read the Roger Stern Spiderman omnibus but it is such a chore. If you don't know, Roger Stern started off on Peter Parker Spectacular Spiderman and then after a few years, took over on Amazing Spiderman with JRJR. Well half this book is the PPSSM run. After the novelty wears off, you are stuck with stories that rely heavily on narration and internal thought bubbles to tell a story and deliver characterization. We are on issue 47 of this run Roger Stern, why do you have to keep on reminding people through Peters internal thoughts that he has the proportional strength of a spider. Why does Peter have to always internalize, "if I do this, this will happen, and if that happens, then this can happen" all the time.

I have heard the PPSSM run was good but not great, should I skip to his Amazing Spiderman run with JRJR?

ElNarez

Banned
so the OT thread on That Cover has devolved to "what if the Joker raped Batman".

meanwhile the hashtag protesting it has been taken over by fucking gamergate of all people

I think these two things say it all.

MEANWHILE

COMIC GAF EUROPE #15
ALES KOT (W) • MICHAEL WALSH (A/C)
VARIANT COVERS BY BILL SIENKIEWICZ AND JONHATHAN HICKMAN
FINAL ISSUE!
• It all ends here for Comic GAF's best and brightest, and not all will survive the experience .
• Do you remember the 90s? You should look up the 90s. It's not related to anything, it's just, the 90s were nice, is all.
• The final secret is revealed, but what does it all mean? The answer is a matter of life or death.
• The universe is unraveling itself. War is coming. Goodbye, everybody.
22 PGS/Rated LEWD....$3.99

Top Bottom