• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Yeah, there's quite a bit of Stefano Caselli right around there as well. I don't know how anyone else feels about him, but I think he's outstanding. Although I guess he's kind of the opposite of Marcos Martin and the others I was just raving about.

Well, I'm glad you guys convinced me to go back and read modern Spider-Man (starting with OMD). I still kind of hate OMD and how they did it, but man, it's been a fun ride powering through all these stories over the past several weeks. I'm now a little ways into the solo Slott era, about to start Spider Island now. I know that the general consensus on GAF is that it all goes downhill from here, but I'm enjoying it. And I sure have been enjoying some of the artists I've seen around this era, like Marcos Martin, Azaceta, Max Fumara etc.

Spider-Island was a good event, probably the best one Slott has done. Enjoy.

ReAxion

post-33537-Jim-Carrey-Truman-Show-gif-wha-cIrC.gif

I can't see this pic for some reason but I can read the url. thank you.

Owzers

Invincible is awesome. That said, you probably won't like it because you're sillymonkey. You'll at least be able to appreciate the art, though. Ryan Ottley is amazing. One of the best. Indisputably.

but...but...Invincible and Walking Dead are my favorite books...

Invincible dropped when Kirkman went exxxtreme to the max.

Same for Walking Dead.

And Slott just has went ham since he has a shit editor instead of a good editor now to reign him in.

Compare Spider Island and Big Time to Spider Verse and Superior.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am very curious at which point this universe splitted from Earth 616.
I hope its when MJ gave birth during the clone saga.

But oh boy, dat feels :(
Please let them be married again after Secret Wars... I would exchange two Pizzas to get this Status Quo back :(

E the Shaggy

I just remember reading that scene in the Big Time Arc where Slott had Peter ask Mary Jane if he could stay with her while he finds a new place to live. They both laugh their asses off, to the point of crying, and rattle on about how that was the dumbest idea and how them being an item is the worst idea. That infuriated the hell out of me.

Sandfox

I just remember reading that scene in the Big Time Arc where Slott had Peter ask Mary Jane if he could stay with her while he finds a new place to live. They both laugh their asses off, to the point of crying, and rattle on about how that was the dumbest idea and how them being an item is the worst idea. That infuriated the hell out of me.

That ended up with them becoming closer and closer until Superior happened and Slott decided to create an all new cast for the book.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Its baffeling, that Joe Quesada wrote the best Post-OMD Peter/MJ Story.

Fintan

What if, post Secret Wars, Miles Morales is in the 616 and he's married to Mary Jane? That would be a nice compromise, I think.

What if, post Secret Wars, Miles Morales is in the 616 and he's married to Mary Jane? That would be a nice compromise, I think.

You mean Miles is in 616 and Peter is married to MJ?

I wish they would do that. Peter, MJ and little Mayday are a family, and Miles gets the stories where he's looking for a roommate/needs to pay more attention to his girlfriend/pay rent etc.

Fintan

You mean Miles is in 616 and Peter is married to MJ?

I wish they would do that. Peter, MJ and little Mayday are a family, and Miles gets the stories where he's looking for a roommate/needs to pay more attention to his girlfriend/pay rent etc.
No, Miles is married to MJ and Peter is still single. That way, Peter avoids all the negatives of the Spider-Marriage, but at least MJ is married to a Spider-Man. Maybe Peter marries Silk?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
No, Miles is married to MJ and Peter is still single. That way, Peter avoids all the negatives of the Spider-Marriage, but at least MJ is married to a Spider-Man. Maybe Peter marries Silk?
Ugh ugh ugh.
Eh, I am happy that Slott writes Spider-Man and not one of you guys o_O

Fintan

Ugh ugh ugh.
Haha, I'm just messing around. In reality, I want the marriage back properly. BND was alright, but I have enjoyed very little of Slott's run. I liked the efforts to add more of a supporting cast, but I don't think they needed to get rid of the marriage for that. Aunt May should've stayed dead.

Miles marries Spider-Gwen.

Ugh ugh ugh.

you'd be glad i'm not writing spider-man tbh

50 issues of Spider-Man and Venom teaming up in some outer space wrestling federation, Gambit is there for some reason, sweet martial arts fights in every issue, the GOTG get jobbed out and ridiculed whenever possible, Venom uses guns again, Peter talking about his never-before-mentioned love of california beach pop music, Kaine and Aracely continue their story...

hmu, Axel

Sandfox

50 issues of Spider-Man and Venom teaming up in some outer space wrestling federation, Gambit is there for some reason, sweet martial arts fights in every issue, the GOTG get jobbed out and ridiculed whenever possible, Venom uses guns again, Peter talking about his never-before-mentioned love of california beach pop music, Kaine and Aracely continue their story...

hmu, Axel

Sounds like the 90s.

hmu, Axel

Coming this summer in Amazing Spider-Man: The Third Pizza

SoilBreak

Banned

hmu, Axel

Who will be the artist?

Top Bottom