• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Zombine

Banned

hu24pVm.gif

Zombine

Banned
"Hey girl, I defended your honor. I bullied some artist on Twitter over a knee jerk reaction I had over a picture. You should date me because I'm a nice guy."

Lol

Owzers

on one hand, it doesn't reflect the tone of the book as stated, on the other hand, it's a variant cover and i don't like people complaining things out of existence.

I dunno, i would prefer the cover be released and DC is mocked for it.

Cade

"Hey girl, I defended your honor. I bullied some artist on Twitter over a knee jerk reaction I had over a picture. You should date me because I'm a nice guy."

Lol

I'm stealing this pickup line.

Cover had some issues but no more than anything really, stupid of DC to do this. Does Cave comics.

on one hand, it doesn't reflect the tone of the book as stated, on the other hand, it's a variant cover and i don't like people complaining things out of existence.

The Harley variants def reflected the tones of the books they were on. Same with the Monster of the Month and Bombshell ones.

99.99% sure those people would take the opposite stance on what you're suggesting

Too happy, right? I fixed it:

wWVg61U.jpg

help i'm tired and can't photomanipulate today

I still don't know what Marvel was thinking with that exclusive. Had to pass on Venom, but the mold on that one is really good; the 3D tongue is great.
thank u cade, much better

Because it made people uncomfortable and offended them and didn't fit the tone of the book at all. It was Albuquerque's decision.

oh

Since when does variant covers need to have the consistent tone? That's never the case. It's why they're....variants. Guess Skottie Young is out of the job. No more light hearted covers for those serious books.

Hell when marvel did marvel zombie cover month I doubt suddenly people thought every book was a zombie horror book.

And Cameron is shilling to keep his constituency happy on twitter. Enjoy your Steph batgirl book wearing a red wig.

Can we go over the issues one more time?

And were they in any justifiable enough for the cover to be pulled?

The way I see it that Barbara is defined by the whole Joker thing too much for some people's tastes. That's what I'm getting out of the situation.

As for the question, I don't know, and I wouldn't really care either way.

It's interchangeable. They defended the honor of a cartoon lady. Good job. I think the real thing we need to practice is gun safety. That could have discharged in her vagina. You can't give a vagina a wheelchair.

In case it isn't obvious, Zombine, I find this strawmanning really obnoxious. Can we please not do this in this thread?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Can we go over the issues one more time?

And were they in any justifiable enough for the cover to be pulled?
I feel awful for Rafael. Dude got stuck in a gross and shitty situation, and he's just a talented dude putting his own spin on a well known facet of DC's history. I don't know that this decision is going to further any positive movement for anybody but I guess we learned the internet can now bully legitimate artists and that nauseates me to my core.
E: Cam Stewart..beautiful art, dumb with words (in comics and real life)

Things were better before social media. People would write letters ro complain, and by the time DC got them, "Oops! We already published it!"

Owzers

I'd understand that if it was the main cover. Has anyone associated a variant to any comic run ever?

Hmmm i don't pay much attention to variants really, but some match the book well. I started thinking of recent ones, did a search on those movie variants, this one stands out:

Sure, you could just pick any movie you want, but i think it's something quite special when done well. Now, associated it with a run? Probably not, but in the short term it can be distracting from what you're trying to do.

Wait I'm confused.Jim Lee said going forward there would be about 24 "core books" that took place in a tight continuity and about 24 that would take place in their own canon but I'm not seeing that in the June lineup. Justice League of America is out of continuity and Section 8 takes place on 90s DC Earth but where are the other twenty or so titles? I guess they can count earth 2 as well but it still doesn't add up.

Sandfox

After thinking about it for the last few months I'm really close to being done with DC for various reasons despite my love for books like Gotham Academy. They pretty much ruined all of the characters I used to like and very few of their new ongoings appeal to me.

Wow you know you strike a nerve when even Waid hates to see the pulling of the cover. This could backfire on all the people wanting it changed.

https://twitter.com/markwaid/status/577649910138449920

Waid better be writing AoA for SW lol.

Top Bottom