• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

While we're on Batgirl, I'm interested in reading some stuff with Cassandra Cain. Where do I even begin? What are some essential stories?

My boy Serpentine got me to try out the Stephanie Brown run, so I'm open to more.

please respond

What fucking sucks is that "If you don't like it, don't buy it." just isn't enough for people anymore. They see that if they bitch enough, then NO ONE gets the thing that portion of the audience (the one that wasn't going to buy it anyway) didn't like.

Wait I'm confused.Jim Lee said going forward there would be about 24 "core books" that took place in a tight continuity and about 24 that would take place in their own canon but I'm not seeing that in the June lineup. Justice League of America is out of continuity and Section 8 takes place on 90s DC Earth but where are the other twenty or so titles? I guess they can count earth 2 as well but it still doesn't add up.

It isn't so much that books are explicitly out of continuity, more that continuity isn't the hard and fast requirement it was before. So if you see Batman in 10 places at once, just hand wave it away and move on.

Patrick Zircher, Howard Porter, Brett Booth, Ryan Ottley, Garry Brown are just a few artist I have caught really not liking the decision.

frye

While we're on Batgirl, I'm interested in reading some stuff with Cassandra Cain. Where do I even begin? What are some essential stories?

My boy Serpentine got me to try out the Stephanie Brown run, so I'm open to more.

please respond

I'd say the first 40 or so issues of the solo run is probably what you're looking for, though most of it is pretty decent. The One Year Later stuff is when DC really just completely shit the bed with the character so you really don't need to get that far.

I'd say the first 40 or so issues of the solo run is probably what you're looking for, though most of it is pretty decent. The One Year Later stuff is when DC really just completely shit the bed with the character so you really don't need to get that far.

Thanks frye
RAubPRM.gif

please go on sale soon :(

I've been waiting for that for ages. But every Batgirl CMX sale ignores the Cass run. Only Babs and Steph have been on sale

That's a shame, hopefully they do one in the future to lure in people like me who are interested. Luckily, I'm still reading Steph Batgirl so I'm in no real hurry.

That's a shame, hopefully they do one in the future to lure in people like me who are interested. Luckily, I'm still reading Steph Batgirl so I'm in no real hurry.
At least DC mustered the energy to release digital versions of the run thats better than they have for other series (ie see PADs Supergirl series that DC pretends it doesn't exist)

FoneBone

but Abuquerque was the one who made the call, not DC. He can make his own decisions.

sadly the discussion has deteriorated to the point where apparently Cameron Stewart is a raving lunatic who's lying through his teeth and Albuquerque only issued that statement under extreme duress and nobody can ever change their minds about anything (agree or disagree) without some sort of conspiracy.

PsychBat!

Banned
Caught up with Miles Morales, it's pretty good but it feels really rushed with the last couple of issues considering it's going to end.

Mudcrab

We still gripping the torches and pitchforks over people calling out a bad cover?

Regardless of anything else I don't think anyone can claim with a straight face that the artistry that went into that cover is bad. There's a reason why it has a certain effect on people.

Takuan

I'm not up to date on Batman, but general impressions on Zero Year are very positive. I know quite a few people think it's the best part of the run so far.

Alright, I'll grab the two Zero Year volumes and leave it at that, for now.

Maybe an artbook or two. It's the time of year I do my Amazon binge.

We still gripping the torches and pitchforks over people calling out a bad cover?

I'm not even getting into it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But that's not enough anymore, is it? If something is offensive to any portion of the population, it just can't exist now. This seems like "progress" at the expense of freedom.

Owzers

edit: i edited away my comment because it was lame and i don't have anything to say in it's place and i am finding that awkward.

frye

but Abuquerque was the one who made the call, not DC. He can make his own decisions.

i dunno if you caught the stuff that went down with that webcomic (mahou something or other?) last week but this feels weirdly similar, down to the reactions to the artist's reaction

Top Bottom