• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

You're all so fucked when Cheska gets here, that's all I can say.

Welcome, and of course you can post here. But you will go broke when people start giving you comic suggestions.

We should get back to what made this community great, enabling new comic fans to the point of them getting a second mortgage.

Messi

You're all so fucked when Cheska gets here, that's all I can say.

We should get back to what made this community great, enabling new comic fans to the point of them getting a second mortgage.

I am comicgafs Ultron. I was never meant to be here. I am a monster of this threads creation.

Zombine

Banned
Ooh I didn't know izombie was from Veronica Mars guy..now i can't wait to see it tomorrow.

If you're in the US it's on TONIGHT!!!!! I hope my hype isn't misplaced, it just looks like it'll fill a void in my weekly line up. Vampire Diaries is exhausting at this point and Supernatural is running around in circles.

besada

Banned
We have a specific thread for the Batgirl cover controversy, so let's keep discussion of it there, rather than here. One wasteland of angry, ranting posts is probably enough. Thanks.

We have a specific thread for the Batgirl cover controversy, so let's keep discussion of it there, rather than here. One wasteland of angry, ranting posts is probably enough. Thanks.

I think at this point, we've gotten all of the rational discussion we're going to get out of it. The cover got pulled, it's over.

Zombine

Banned
The biggest contravercy is who is going to draw Star Wars? Are they going to call up Land and have him trace stills from the movies, or are they going to hire some young blood and give them their moment in the spotlight? I think it could be really interesting.

I am not even joking right now, but if Land dials down the veneer mouths it could be good.

The biggest contravercy is who is going to draw Star Wars? Are they going to call up Land and have him trace stills from the movies, or are they going to hire some young blood and give them their moment in the spotlight? I think it could be really interesting.

I am not even joking right now, but if Land dials down the veneer mouths it could be good.

If Marvel was smart they would get Ostrander and Duursema on this. Best SW creative team right there.

besada

Banned
So, what's the hotness of the last six months? Assume I've read virtually everything before then. Anything good to feed my jones?

Zombine

Banned
So, what's the hotness of the last six months? Assume I've read virtually everything before then. Anything good to feed my jones?

Depends on what you're for. Spider-Gwen has become the "it" book and it's been off to a solid start so far. Only two issues deep on that one.

Nameless by Morrison & Burnham is gorgeous, but it's a book that requires a bit of dedication. The story will unfold well like most Morrison books, but right now it's slightly ambiguous.

My GOAT book is Low. It's stunning. Think Dune Underwater with gorgeous artwork. Remender is on point and I consider it to be his best work thus far. It's stronger than Deadly Class:

Screen-shot-2014-04-29-at-12-58-46-AM-52ad7.jpg

besada

Banned
Depends on what you're for. Spider-Gwen has become the "it" book and it's been off to a solid start so far. Only two issues deep on that one.

Nameless by Morrison & Burnham is gorgeous, but it's a book that requires a bit of dedication. The story will unfold well like most Morrison books, but right now it's slightly ambiguous.

My GOAT book is Low. It's stunning. Think Dune Underwater with gorgeous artwork. Remender is on point and I consider it to be his best work thus far. It's stronger than Deadly Class.

Bless you my son, I go to blow cash. Those all sound interesting.

I'll definitely second Grant Morrison's Nameless.

I also read through the first two volumes of God Hates Astronauts, which were hysterical.

First volume of Copra was also great.

My GOAT book is Low. It's stunning. Think Dune Underwater with gorgeous artwork. Remender is on point and I consider it to be his best work thus far. It's stronger than Deadly Class.

Naaaaah! Whilst I love Low, I still vastly prefer Black Science and Deadly Class at the minute. Low took me a few issues to get into though, gorgeous artwork.

Messi

Have you heard the good word about Comic-GAF's 3 time book of the month (one time beating the final issue of Locke and key. So it must be good) winner Harley Quinn

Boogiepop

So, I just finished Gillen Journey Into Mystery. It was definitely great. Any idea why they included that Mighty Thor or whatever annual at the end? I can kind of see that other bonus issue since it sort of tied in, but the annual was both kind of crappy and had absolutely nothing to do with anything in the run, far as I can tell, outside of I guess having Thor in it. Just a bizarre inclusion.

But yeah, the big question is: anything worth getting to follow up on this? I'm already planning to go ahead and grab the Journey into Mystery Featuring Lady Sif stuff (though I'm sure that's at least fairly separate, it's on my mind now due to the title) since I recall a lot of praise for it. Is the "follow-up" to this the Loki: Agent of Asgard or whatever stuff? Is that good?
I realize of course that unless I'm missing a small detail anywhere, this run ended with original flavor Loki taking over kid Loki's body, thus wrapping things up pretty smoothly more or less, but I'd still like to see where things go, if it's good...

http://www.followingthenerd.com/site/wp-content/uploads/o-ALAN-MOORE-facbook.jpg[/

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/10.16.11TonyMooreByLuigiNovi1.jpg/230px-10.16..jpg[/img

[img]http://wegeekedthis.com/wp-content/uploads2013/04/sd08_03.jpg[/

[img]http://medias.unifrance.org/medias/230/61/81382/format_page/roge-moore.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

I chuckled until the last pic; then you went off topic and ruined it.

Let's see, comics, comics hmmmmm, oh.

Did anyone actually drop Batgirl or is everyone finishing the arc? And not because of the cover but because of the actual writing?

RUNAWAYS #1
• The best and brightest teens from all corners of Battleworld are chosen to attend a prestigious school on the planet’s capital!

So let me get this straight. All of reality has crashed together down into a single world and everything is on the precipice of oblivion and people are seriously giving a fuck about making kids go to school?

Lol wut.

HOW CAN A SCHOOL BE PRESTIGIOUS ON A WORLD THAT DIDN'T EXIST UNTIL LIKE THE DAY BEFORE?

Zombine

Banned
I chuckled until the last pic; then you went off topic and ruined it.

The whole Roger Moore thing sent me down a weird rabbit hole looking for James Bond comics, and I noticed that there has been next to nothing released since the 60-70s. Must be a licensing thing.

With that said, holy fuck. Imagine a Rucka Bond or freaking Brubacker. My heart.

Top Bottom