• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Quote for truth. He shouldnt be different handled than any other mass murdering supervillain.

There's a Punisher War Zone arc written by Remender that does a pretty good job of explaining why he's treated differently. Involves Metal Gear Frank fighting the Avengers.

Also: you're wrong.

He's the next Ostrander. What he's doing in both his books is some of the most clever repurposing of narrative loose ends since the 1987 Suicide Squad series.
Never even heard of the guy. Generally avoid DC. Gimme runs to track down.

Zombine

Banned
Actually, if you think about it, The Punisher is the only real hero. He makes sure that he finishes his job and kills the bad guys so they don't get sent to jail, break out, and kill more people.

Batman

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Calling Filthy Slug! I forgot who else digs Wimberly but people should check this out

Awesome short piece by Ronald Wimberly on comic characters and skin color

So I really haven't gotten much sleep for the past few days, but that entry/comic/literary piece is super sobering. It's excellent, and drops a hell of a fucking bomb in that last panel. Ron Wimberly is an incredibly intelligent dude (go read Prince of Cats, everybody) and one of my favorite artists. This is another reason why.

E: Thanks for posting this, ed.

Can you spoil me the reason?
2805120-punisherwarzone03_01.jpg

If none of y'all picked up Deadly Class Vol. 2 you messed up. I feel bad I got the last copy at my shop.
Whenever I peak in this thread I never see any love for the guy, glad to see I'm wrong.

Ok serious question for Comic GAF, is there a decent news site for following US comics (for a casual like myself)? I once asked on twitter and got recommended Comics Alliance, so please don't make me regret asking GAF. :(

Comicvine is your best option. Their format is like Giantbomb in terms of doing 5 star reviews and heavy video content but they do a lot of articles on getting people up to speed on who characters are and what they have been doing. Their podcast is decent.

Never even heard of the guy. Generally avoid DC. Gimme runs to track down.
ya, same. comparisons to 80s Ostrander grab my attention for sure
Actually, if you think about it, The Punisher is the only real hero. He makes sure that he finishes his job and kills the bad guys so they don't get sent to jail, break out, and kill more people.

Batman
yup. Punisher would get shit done in Gotham.
List of Marvel books ending due to Secret Wars:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...secret-wars-effect-on-marvels-publishing-line

As bad as some of these books were I'm going to miss a few of them.

All-New Captain America
All-New Ghost Rider
All-New X-Men
Amazing Spider-Man
Amazing X-Men
Angela: Asgard’s Assassin
Avengers
Avengers World
Captain Marvel
Cyclops
Deadpool
Elektra
Fantastic Four
Guardians 3000
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hulk
Inhuman
Iron Fist: The Living Weapon
Legendary Star-Lord
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man
New Avengers
Nightcrawler
Nova
Rocket Raccoon
Secret Avengers
Spider-Man & The X-Men
Spider-Man 2099
Storm
Superior Iron Man
Thor
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverines
X-Men

huh.

Silver Surfer lives on!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh fuck. I really didnt expected them to clean the plate completly. Oh fuck fuck fuck, I hopes for a fake and marketing stunt when they announed all of this now everything is fucking gone. Oh man, :(

At least it seem that Miles dont take over. But oh boy :( RIP my precious 616 :(

That seems extremely unlikely.
I am in panic mode now.

Sandfox

ya, same. comparisons to 80s Ostrander grab my attention for sure

yup. Punisher would get shit done in Gotham.

huh.

Silver Surfer lives on!

In the article they say that the Last Days books are ending too but the teams are being given more time to either wrap up their stories or do something Secret Wars related.

If none of y'all picked up Deadly Class Vol. 2 you messed up. I feel bad I got the last copy at my shop.

Comicvine is your best option. Their format is like Giantbomb in terms of doing 5 star reviews and heavy video content but they do a lot of articles on getting people up to speed on who characters are and what they have been doing. Their podcast is decent.
I buy the floppies, I'm just hoping that they do a hardcover release since the series really deserves one. I would love an HC as good as the Casanova ones.

SoilBreak

Banned
Whenever I peak in this thread I never see any love for the guy, glad to see I'm wrong.

Ok serious question for Comic GAF, is there a decent news site for following US comics (for a casual like myself)? I once asked on twitter and got recommended Comics Alliance, so please don't make me regret asking GAF. :(

comic book resources & comic vine

Vibranium

Banned
List of Marvel books ending due to Secret Wars:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...secret-wars-effect-on-marvels-publishing-line

As bad as some of these books were I'm going to miss a few of them.

Woah, Winter Soldier is still alive, I guess if they do relaunch it with regular espionage (and include Natasha please) it will be after Secret Wars.

Time for me to pick up All New Cap in trades soon. Steve hopefully only has one more year as an old man and then maybe we can move on from depowering him.

But Chris is a great example of something else we believe in very much; progress. Chris has shown the necessary intelligence and sensitivity to evolve. He was an early advocate for the positive change that is now taking over the industry.

Yesterday we wrote about the need to leave behind those people who will not change to embrace the new shape of the industry. The other side of this is that we must bring along with us those people who will change. We must be open to reconciliation.

We believe that the future is bright for the comic industry, and that comics are for everyone — even those who made the industry an uncomfortable place for others in the past, so long as they reject their past action and show remorse and a desire to do better.

We believe that Chris embodies that sort of change. It would go against everything we write and fight for if we did not support Chris today, even as we condemn how he conducted himself in the past.

We believe in progress. We won’t reject that ideal to appease people who don’t share our beliefs.

You mean to tell me people can grow and change? That's far too reasonable for the internet. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Seriously though, this was good stuff.

I buy the floppies, I'm just hoping that they do a hardcover release since the series really deserves one. I would love an HC as good as the Casanova ones.
Remender said on twitter that when Vol. 3 gets released their should be a hardcover collecting all 3 volumes. If that happens Black Science might get one since they are sharing the same success.

Its annoying shit. We will never reach ASM 800 :(

Of course we will. Comic companies love going back to the old numberings for big anniversaries. DC might have skipped Detective #900, but you really think they're gonna pass up Action Comics #1000? I don't think so. Same thing with Marvel, we'll get to All-New Amazing Spider-Man #83, then #800.

Remender said on twitter that when Vol. 3 gets released their should be a hardcover collecting all 3 volumes. If that happens Black Science might get one since they are sharing the same success.
Yes. This is good.
They still do legacy numbering internally. Like how they did with the "last" issue of Fantastic Four.

Yeah, at the very least they'll have BIG text on the cover reminding us it's a big milestone like they did with Guardians and Captain Marvel.

Messi

Brought some books today

Bandette Vol 1
Deadly Class Vol 2
The Killing Joke
Bob's Burgers Vol 1
Revival hardcover Vol 1
iZombie Vol 1

Excited to dig into Revival and Deadly Class

Sandfox

I mean, we know most of these are coming back Marvel Now style.

We know quite a few of them will be back, but they will probably be different whether its the creative team or something that changed during the event. The books that don't return will also leave room for new ongoings so that's somewhat interesting as well.

We already know about All-New, All-Different Avengers yet Avengers is listed a book that is ending.

I'm pretty sure that book ended up being A-Forces since it was dated for May 2015.

Top Bottom